Spiritual Portal
Apr 16, 2024 02:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

question

Recent Items

Views: 23
Comments (5)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 19
Comments (4)

Views: 16
Comments (4)

Views: 30
Comments (4)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 1504 times)
guest88
« on: Aug 02, 2010 02:36 am »

why would any holy scripture forbid anything?
can we agree, it is up to the individual- to choose how to live life, to discover and give it meaning?

are right and wrong subjective?

Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2010 03:52 am »

Interesting question, not sure of the answer. Could you be a bit more specific, which holy scripture is forbiding what ?

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2010 03:56 pm »

what's up bro ??
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2010 07:42 pm »

anything written in text....is written through a mind....a human mind.

god 'speaks' his language.  it is then interpreted through the mind then onto paper.   in other words...Gods word (((AUM)),,holy ghost,,,that 'ringing in my head'...goes from god to soul to mind.  it gets filtered and has to be put into words....then onto paper it goes.

not only does it go thru that process...the written text then goes thru TIME and maybe editing....  and gets then re-translated...and then sometimes translated again !  Shocked

when one reads from a holy text...whether it be bible...gita...whatever....etc

one must read with the spirituality glasses on....

one must view it thru kustastha...

infinite possibility
all

yes...and it is up to every soul to use its discrimination.....to decifer the Truth.

i tried....i tried like all heck to read the bible.  'cause you know what ?  at church.....the way the minister read from it....(usually) was interpreted differently than what i '''''saw'''''.

i would get hot at times.....when that minister said lies about god.  there were times when i wanted to stand up in that pew and say to him...." who do you think you are Huh??   telling me that god loves me/us one minute...and then turns around and punishes me/us Huh?"""  """OH,,,,I dont THINK SO !!!""""  """you need to take a time out and think about what you are reading.....and then teaching others this blasphemy !?!?"""" 

when i hit the ripe age of 8-10...my parents had to literally drag me by the feet every sunday to church. in fact...i had started to play hide and seek on sunday mornings.  but i never dared leaving the house....so they always found me... Wink  Cheesy   that is about the time i had locked myself in the box.  every time i said that he not punish us...nor is he wrath-full...nor did he turn lila into pillar of salt...nor was adam and eve what they thought...i was laughed at and critisized.

oh how i then rebelled....for years.... Grin Sad

so i guess....say to u...do not get too bothered by dogma along the way.....for there are many ones whom preach that are still asleep....

use your god give intuition to help navigate u to the Truth.  do not let the dogma of others stray you...make you upset.  see their truth as it is...and see your Truth for what It Is....

when i say....read or look thru the CC,,,kutastha,,,glasses on......i mean to see it through the soul.....

ok ?

concern yourself with yourself and not others right now dearest lucidflower.....

ok...here we go...

you are taking on much right now...you are feeling the pressures of others......u are being much empathetic...

you need to stop this...you need to concentrate on yourself. 

you need to control your energy.  you are reaching, right now, far beyond ....too far beyond.

focus. 

you are like a high voltage wire that has been cut from the main line.....you are shooting off electricity all over the place....

i know bro..been there did that done that...and this is the only metaphor i can come up with right now....

what you need to focus upon...right now is u and creator....

do not worry about ur love life....friends welfare....

focus on you and lucidflower and god...

sorry if i seem firm handed....if i did not care,,,i would keep silent <3<3<3

sending Love & (((Hugs)))

Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2010 07:52 pm »

can we agree, it is up to the individual- to choose how to live life, to discover and give it meaning?

Right and wrong are dualities created by a mind that is engaged in a living experience of aloneness. That mind sees things as separate from one another. It sees itself as seperate from another. So then it sees polar opposites from there. Good and Bad, light and dark. Love and hate. When it sees opposites it sees one as being the up and one being the down. The mind then sees this one as being correct and the other incorrect, thus more duality. If you take that even further you will have an extreme to both sides. The complete good(God) and then the complete bad(Devil). So for an untrained mind it will see then that both can not exist in the same place so it then sees a war between one and the other to establish dominance. A la the story of Lucifer being cast out of heaven into hell.

The mind will see it as truth as it is what it has experience to be so. The mind knows that it is self, and that self is separate from another self. It knows cold to be opposite of hot and thus it's truths have been validated as being true.

The flaw of the mind is that it can not see past itself it will only see what it has validated as true. So it will see that certain acts are "good" and certain acts are "bad." If the mind knows  something to be good that means you can not do what is bad. There would be no middle ground, or middle path. There would either be a good path, or a bad path.   
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2010 08:11 pm »

Right and wrong are dualities created by a mind that is engaged in a living experience of aloneness. That mind sees things as separate from one another. It sees itself as seperate from another. So then it sees polar opposites from there. Good and Bad, light and dark. Love and hate. When it sees opposites it sees one as being the up and one being the down. The mind then sees this one as being correct and the other incorrect, thus more duality. If you take that even further you will have an extreme to both sides. The complete good(God) and then the complete bad(Devil). So for an untrained mind it will see then that both can not exist in the same place so it then sees a war between one and the other to establish dominance. A la the story of Lucifer being cast out of heaven into hell.

The mind will see it as truth as it is what it has experience to be so. The mind knows that it is self, and that self is separate from another self. It knows cold to be opposite of hot and thus it's truths have been validated as being true.

The flaw of the mind is that it can not see past itself it will only see what it has validated as true. So it will see that certain acts are "good" and certain acts are "bad." If the mind knows  something to be good that means you can not do what is bad. There would be no middle ground, or middle path. There would either be a good path, or a bad path.   

<3<3<3
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2010 08:32 pm »

okie dokie...god is a who....and communes thru feelings

soul is a direct piece of god...

we are souls first bodies second

god is all love

Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2010 08:50 pm by blue nova » Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2010 12:00 am »

ok lets do one thing at a time...
what/who is god? what do you believe?

Aiming to hit a home run as soon as you step to bat. The million dollar question with regards to a religious and spiritual person. Who is God. I do not like topics such as this, as well as topics such as love. When you define them you are creating labels of what you think they are. It then creates a limited scope of what they truly are. Those that came the closest were the Hindu's and their belief of brahman, and the Tao. The rest of the religions have failed when it comes to coming close to God. Christianity/Islam/Etc teach of a human God that gets angry at mistakes, and punishes you for those mistakes.

Hinduism talks about God/Brahman being all their is, and is in all. With this knowledge you will then understand that God/Brahman is everything and nothing. Good and Bad. So to punish the bad would be then to punish the good.

Christianity was given the same belief in the I AM, yet they miss understood the truth that was put in front of them. Brahman/Tao/and I AM are all the same thing. They are the presence that is everything and nothing.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2010 03:42 am »

ok lets do one thing at a time...
what/who is god? what do you believe?

For me God is what i experience not what i believe. When i experience God i feel his presence. i wouldn't be concerned about Amor. He is expressing his view. That's what we are all doing. He was quite articulate in contributing to the discussion and i thank lucidflower for inspiring the discussion. Obviously we are limited by our views but we also are expanded by sharing them when we listen to others.

Jitendra

i'm sorry you don't like these topics
no one asked you to accept what is being discussed

i think there's nothing wrong with defining or creating labels- even if god is MORE than that
it doesn't mean god is not that-
i also believe life is a learning process and we choose how we're learning, what we're learning- through god, with god, as god. life will guide us.
i agree with you as well anne
i believe god is all and believe i'm going to receive a variety of answers to my questions- all in which are right.
consider even anger to be an aspect of god exploring on a soul level
one of infinite expression

i asked my friend today the same question
all relevant
we agree on one level or another that god is energy, life, death, experience, unconditional, irrational, and rational

god is all
to say christianity misunderstood the truth could mean christianity is not for you- but maybe christianity is just as necessary and appropriate as anything else that's ever existed. untrue? perhaps, but for whom? and for what reasons?

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010 03:50 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Aug 03, 2010 04:03 am »

i am not concerned. yes he did a fine job at expressing himself and i never said he was wrong.
do you believe in what you experience?

for me god is both and both are gifts

ah so we're getting somewhere... when you experience god- does this mean you're not always experiencing god? what feelings do you associate with his presence?

That is a good question. 'Do i believe what i experience?'. Not always. Many times what i experienced was not ultimately true. Yet my experiences that have had more validity have lived on and have influenced the outcome of the way i acted in the future. These experiences have been something i can believe in. They have proved worthy in my life. Such experiences that are  believable change your life. They change the outcome of your life forever. These experiences have their source in an awareness beyond what we are accustomed to. They are from a source higher then ourselves. Thus we put various labels to them for lack of a better expression.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010 04:10 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
amorabsolutus

« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2010 04:41 am »

It's not that I do not like to discuss such a thing. It's more that they limit what is being discussed. Such as the term "God." They are just terms that we use to comprehend what we are talking about. What I feel is the problem is that it causes people to stop at "God" and to not fully see the full picture of "God"  

Experience is a good tool, but it is only a tool as experience is limited by the mind of the person that is experiencing it. The mind does not always see the full picture. Which is why when you talk to two people experiencing the same thing the story will be a little different.

There is also nothing wrong with any of the religions they are all different branches on the same tree. They are just closer to the person that is climbing at that time. The only thing I do not like about religons, or beliefs is that they become limited in scope. You climb to that branch, and then you stay there. Thinking you have it all, and know it all, but yet you will never touch the leaves had you kept on climbing.
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010 05:19 am by amorabsolutus » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2010 04:56 am »

nice Smiley
freedommmmmm! i agree with your post Amor
in fact i agree with every post that has been in response to this thread
ty all
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Aug 03, 2010 06:15 am »

Experience is a good tool, but it is only a tool as experience is limited by the mind of the person that is experiencing it. The mind does not always see the full picture. Which is why when you talk to two people experiencing the same thing the story will be a little different.

Not all experiences are circumscribed by the mind True experience involves a process that transcends the mind. These experiences sometimes take place because the mind has settled down and what arises is that which transcends mind and the senses. It is only because of the absence of mind that such experience can take place. The story in this case is very difficult to describe. It is a story that involves the soul and intuition. Such things are sacred and sometimes are left to silence. They can only be expressed in character and to those who live beyond the limited senses and mind all the time...They are the blessed ones who can convey such states to others if we are fortunate to be in their presence and grace.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010 06:20 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
blue nova
« Reply #13 on: Aug 03, 2010 04:25 pm »

lucidlower wrote:
what feelings do you associate with his presence?

Love...Peace...Bliss...Love...Peace...Happiness...Love...Peace...Joy...Love...PEACE  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010 05:55 pm by blue nova » Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #14 on: Aug 03, 2010 11:58 pm »

Not all experiences are circumscribed by the mind True experience involves a process that transcends the mind. These experiences sometimes take place because the mind has settled down and what arises is that which transcends mind and the senses. It is only because of the absence of mind that such experience can take place. The story in this case is very difficult to describe. It is a story that involves the soul and intuition. Such things are sacred and sometimes are left to silence. They can only be expressed in character and to those who live beyond the limited senses and mind all the time...They are the blessed ones who can convey such states to others if we are fortunate to be in their presence and grace.

Jitendra

While it is true that to fully experience the divine one would need to silence the mind so it does not get in the way. Many learn this when the attempt to meditate and you hear about the term "monkey mind." The moment that you do experience something it still will be processed through the mind. The mind will process and see things it's way, and in some cases will hinder what was actually processed. It's why when I speak of God/Source I do not like the talking about it because it's a limited scope of what is truly being experience. This is also why many that have intuition, or insights, will discredit it because it does not make logical sense. I have seen people break things down logically to try and find sense of it.

It would be divine if we could completely turn of the mind, but I'm afraid the moment we see, experience, feel, smell, taste, we open the mind and allow it to process. I am sure that many can turn it off completly. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: