Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Different Paths

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different Paths  (Read 565 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 05, 2010 06:21 pm »

i'm sorry you don't like these topics
no one asked you to accept what is being discussed

It's not that I do not like to discuss such a thing. It's more that they limit what is being discussed. Such as the term "God." They are just terms that we use to comprehend what we are talking about. What I feel is the problem is that it causes people to stop at "God" and to not fully see the full picture of "God" 

Experience is a good tool, but it is only a tool as experience is limited by the mind of the person that is experiencing it. The mind does not always see the full picture. Which is why when you talk to two people experiencing the same thing the story will be a little different.

There is also nothing wrong with any of the religions they are all different branches on the same tree. They are just closer to the person that is climbing at that time. The only thing I do not like about religons, or beliefs is that they become limited in scope. You climb to that branch, and then you stay there. Thinking you have it all, and know it all, but yet you will never touch the leaves had you kept on climbing.

i would have to agree with this; That is...we limit God or Spirit in our own terms. Behind the terms are our personal perceptions and views. About religions: That is one very important reason i was hoping to be a part of a forum that did not exclude itself from other religions and approaches to spiritual growth. It seems we become tape recorders for the religious preachings of the Masters we follow. Then we often miss the point by getting caught up in certain concepts. It often takes someone with a different approach to remind us that these too can be intellectual mind traps. i like 'bouncing off others'. Sometimes the challenge from someone else and their approach is just what is needed to help us recognize where we stagnate ourselves in certain ruts and beliefs. Paths are helpful to follow. We just have to remember someone else might be taking a route that can help us immensely if we can hear them...... to see a different picture in this huge picture show that is being presented to us.

It is quite evident just how true this becomes when we get people who create wars because of specific views. Fortunately for me; Lately i have been surrounded by people who have been kind too me and have really tried to help me understand the shortcomings of my own views. It seems that when something is said or done lovingly it has the capacity to change others. i am attracted to this quality of all inclusive love that other people radiate.

Steve Hydonus

There is also nothing wrong with any of the religions they are all different branches on the same tree. They are just closer to the person that is climbing at that time. The only thing I do not like about religons, or beliefs is that they become limited in scope. You climb to that branch, and then you stay there. Thinking you have it all, and know it all, but yet you will never touch the leaves had you kept on climbing.

"It is very difficult to choose the right path for oneself from among the many religious paths and varied religious opinions. Most people who wander from church to church seeking intellectual inspiration fail to find God in this life, for intellectualism is necessary only until one begins to "drink" God, that is, to commune with him. It is not wrong to seek intellectual inspiration in order to encourage the desire for actual God-contact. But when intellectual inspiration begins to satisfy the seeker (so that he ceases striving to experience actual God-contact), it is detrimental to his progress in Self- realization."
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010 06:24 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: