Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Different Paths

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different Paths  (Read 566 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 05, 2010 05:13 am »

i'm sorry you don't like these topics
no one asked you to accept what is being discussed

It's not that I do not like to discuss such a thing. It's more that they limit what is being discussed. Such as the term "God." They are just terms that we use to comprehend what we are talking about. What I feel is the problem is that it causes people to stop at "God" and to not fully see the full picture of "God" 

Experience is a good tool, but it is only a tool as experience is limited by the mind of the person that is experiencing it. The mind does not always see the full picture. Which is why when you talk to two people experiencing the same thing the story will be a little different.

There is also nothing wrong with any of the religions they are all different branches on the same tree. They are just closer to the person that is climbing at that time. The only thing I do not like about religons, or beliefs is that they become limited in scope. You climb to that branch, and then you stay there. Thinking you have it all, and know it all, but yet you will never touch the leaves had you kept on climbing.

i would have to agree with this; That is...we limit God or Spirit in our own terms. Behind the terms are our personal perceptions and views. About religions: That is one very important reason i was hoping to be a part of a forum that did not exclude itself from other religions and approaches to spiritual growth. It seems we become tape recorders for the religious preachings of the Masters we follow. Then we often miss the point by getting caught up in certain concepts. It often takes someone with a different approach to remind us that these too can be intellectual mind traps. i like 'bouncing off others'. Sometimes the challenge from someone else and their approach is just what is needed to help us recognize where we stagnate ourselves in certain ruts and beliefs. Paths are helpful to follow. We just have to remember someone else might be taking a route that can help us immensely if we can hear them...... to see a different picture in this huge picture show that is being presented to us.

It is quite evident just how true this becomes when we get people who create wars because of specific views. Fortunately for me; Lately i have been surrounded by people who have been kind too me and have really tried to help me understand the shortcomings of my own views. It seems that when something is said or done lovingly it has the capacity to change others. i am attracted to this quality of all inclusive love that other people radiate.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010 05:29 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2010 06:21 pm »

i'm sorry you don't like these topics
no one asked you to accept what is being discussed

It's not that I do not like to discuss such a thing. It's more that they limit what is being discussed. Such as the term "God." They are just terms that we use to comprehend what we are talking about. What I feel is the problem is that it causes people to stop at "God" and to not fully see the full picture of "God" 

Experience is a good tool, but it is only a tool as experience is limited by the mind of the person that is experiencing it. The mind does not always see the full picture. Which is why when you talk to two people experiencing the same thing the story will be a little different.

There is also nothing wrong with any of the religions they are all different branches on the same tree. They are just closer to the person that is climbing at that time. The only thing I do not like about religons, or beliefs is that they become limited in scope. You climb to that branch, and then you stay there. Thinking you have it all, and know it all, but yet you will never touch the leaves had you kept on climbing.

i would have to agree with this; That is...we limit God or Spirit in our own terms. Behind the terms are our personal perceptions and views. About religions: That is one very important reason i was hoping to be a part of a forum that did not exclude itself from other religions and approaches to spiritual growth. It seems we become tape recorders for the religious preachings of the Masters we follow. Then we often miss the point by getting caught up in certain concepts. It often takes someone with a different approach to remind us that these too can be intellectual mind traps. i like 'bouncing off others'. Sometimes the challenge from someone else and their approach is just what is needed to help us recognize where we stagnate ourselves in certain ruts and beliefs. Paths are helpful to follow. We just have to remember someone else might be taking a route that can help us immensely if we can hear them...... to see a different picture in this huge picture show that is being presented to us.

It is quite evident just how true this becomes when we get people who create wars because of specific views. Fortunately for me; Lately i have been surrounded by people who have been kind too me and have really tried to help me understand the shortcomings of my own views. It seems that when something is said or done lovingly it has the capacity to change others. i am attracted to this quality of all inclusive love that other people radiate.

Steve Hydonus

"It is very difficult to choose the right path for oneself from among the many religious paths and varied religious opinions. Most people who wander from church to church seeking intellectual inspiration fail to find God in this life, for intellectualism is necessary only until one begins to "drink" God, that is, to commune with him. It is not wrong to seek intellectual inspiration in order to encourage the desire for actual God-contact. But when intellectual inspiration begins to satisfy the seeker (so that he ceases striving to experience actual God-contact), it is detrimental to his progress in Self- realization."
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010 06:24 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2010 08:01 pm »

hey Steve !  Cool

I leap from branch to branch

taking with me, what I need

climbing ever higher up the Tree of Knowledge

ever notice branches outstretched ? like arms reaching towards God in prayer ?

OM OM OM
Report Spam   Logged
amorabsolutus

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2010 09:46 pm »

"It is very difficult to choose the right path for oneself from among the many religious paths and varied religious opinions. Most people who wander from church to church seeking intellectual inspiration fail to find God in this life, for intellectualism is necessary only until one begins to "drink" God, that is, to commune with him. It is not wrong to seek intellectual inspiration in order to encourage the desire for actual God-contact. But when intellectual inspiration begins to satisfy the seeker (so that he ceases striving to experience actual God-contact), it is detrimental to his progress in Self- realization."

For a minute there I thought you were having a conversation with me that I must of missed. I agree there is nothing wrong with doing the religious thing if that is up your alley. I would recommend to not just go to a church that your family and friends go to. I would suggest to do the same thing you would do if you were to buy a new car. To shop around, go to a few places. Visit a temple, or church. See what calls to you, and follow that.

The thing that I do not like about the religious path, and this is just my opinion, that they have lost the way to truly find God. They have fallen to the path of dogma, and only know the God of dogma. Most of them have never really had a true experience, but instead only know God of the books, or what other people tell them God is. To truly know God, is to experience God... And for so many from what I've seen have not fully seen God, or know God that resides in everything, and are afraid of those that stray away from the dogma path.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2010 11:39 pm »

For a minute there I thought you were having a conversation with me that I must of missed. I agree there is nothing wrong with doing the religious thing if that is up your alley. I would recommend to not just go to a church that your family and friends go to. I would suggest to do the same thing you would do if you were to buy a new car. To shop around, go to a few places. Visit a temple, or church. See what calls to you, and follow that.

The thing that I do not like about the religious path, and this is just my opinion, that they have lost the way to truly find God. They have fallen to the path of dogma, and only know the God of dogma. Most of them have never really had a true experience, but instead only know God of the books, or what other people tell them God is. To truly know God, is to experience God... And for so many from what I've seen have not fully seen God, or know God that resides in everything, and are afraid of those that stray away from the dogma path.

i am answering your entry Amor. Our true temple or church is within us unless we carry that temple with us in understanding; a day at church is not going to be very helpful. Paramahansa Yogananda wrote: A scripture, no matter what records of spiritual truths it contains, is not as useful as a saint, whose life has set and example that other may beneficially follow. There is a vast difference between powerful sulfuric acid and the mere statement of its formula, H2SO4" As you know i have stated that we can only know God by experience. Your statement is an echo of what i have already stated. But it really cannot be overstated. i think some of us get so lost in criticizing the dogma that we forget or miss out on the fact that true saints and Masters are among us.

For me God is what i experience not what i believe. When i experience God i feel his presence. i wouldn't be concerned about Amor. He is expressing his view. That's what we are all doing. He was quite articulate in contributing to the discussion and i thank lucidflower for inspiring the discussion. Obviously we are limited by our views but we also are expanded by sharing them when we listen to others.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010 11:51 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2010 12:21 pm »

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Dalai Lama.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree

« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2010 09:54 pm »

The Dalai Lama is a wise man.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2010 07:13 pm »

"The true religion to a Sufi is the sea of truth and all the different
faiths are as its waves. The message of God from time to time comes as
tides in the sea, but what remains always is the sea, the truth. Those
who consider another on the wrong track they themselves are also not on
the right track, for the one who is on the right track finds every road
leading to the same goal sooner or later."
     Hazrat Inayat Khan

http://www.sufimovement.org/mes_mission.htm
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2010 12:42 am »

_/\_.... <3<3<3
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2010 04:33 am »

I was 18 on a bus in Seattle when a mentally confused person got on, and "entertained" us, then just as abrubtly got off... the bus driver smiled and said,...   "I find it best to to remain quiet, and let them work it out... they'll imagine we are talking or saying something different than our silence or voice anyways..."   After another minute passed he chuckled, glanced at the woman (that was the main target of the confused man's rant), and simply said,

"It would be a thunk dull world if we were all the same!"

there is no division, only illusion of division, illusion of seperation.   "judgement" is illusion trap of division; of seperation.   "discernment" is simple act of whether something resonates to individuation (manifestation of human role / garment) -- discernment kinda goes like this -- if something not resonate, simply can state "I do not understand that" "not my groove", hmmnnn...  and move on... no judgement.

even the biggest drunkard, or villian in the lila play is individuation on important path... all roles are equal in lila play... 

spiritual pride is one of greatest delusions...    (i.e.- Look at all these ignorant people around me, they are ignorant... why don't they see?  Is it only I or a few who are a great spirit, when will they awake...)    We may continually consider again and again, this lila play is for our "entertainment" -- and duality is essential (good/bad, hot/cold, light/dark).... and if all the players on the stage left at the same time (liberated)... who would be left to entertain the "audience"...   we all play many roles, and take many paths... these are simply our garments... 

"the ember is resident in all, simply awaiting the ebb and flow of breeze to spark the flame..."

"As a diamond has many facets that reflect light, so there are many paths (of God illumination)"

Is Beady gettin' your goat Namaste2All? A little tickle maybe? Let us spark the flame together while the other actors play their roles. Didn't know you would get so personal about my garment it covers up the imperfections. My path has intersected with yours though. So are our garments glittering with the Suns rays? How long before we share some time together meditating and talking about our love for God and our gratefulness for all that the great spirit has done for us? I always look forward towards seeing a divine friend....

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2010 11:11 am by namaste2All » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: