Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 12:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Topic: Self- Realization Fellowship Lessons 101-105

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic: Self- Realization Fellowship Lessons 101-105  (Read 457 times)
guest88
« on: Sep 23, 2016 08:01 pm »

The reason i continually go back to lesson 102 is that there are four guided meditations that the Master gives in this lesson. i aspire to practice them correctly.

It is a strange thing. i awoke tonite and immediately started to interiorize into the practice of doing a mantra 104 times. After i was done i realized thay my mind was functioning on four different levels that i was aware of!
One was a conversation i had with mccoy today. Secondly a reply i wanted to make to one of Brock's posts, thirdly how many times i had repeated the mantra and lastly to the practice of the mantra itself!  It can be amazing how shallow our practice can be.

Suddenly i remembered this lesson.  In it Paramahansa Yogananda makes this assertion: Unless you completely free the temple of attention from disturbing thoughts, God will not manifest there. If you are thinking of something when you are praying to God, He will not answer. Why should he? Your inattention is an indication you do not want him--at least not earnestly enough. God does not surrender himself unless he is absolutely sure every worldly thought is removed from your mind. He is like a candle flame that can not withstand the gust of restlessness. His light will burn steadily in your temple of meditation when you are free from restlessness. P.Y.

beautiful insights from P.Y. namasate friend
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: