Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 04:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Abandonment

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abandonment  (Read 286 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 16, 2011 01:47 pm »

As searchers on the spiritual path we are sometimes recognized as different and oddities. So the feeling of abandonment arises. However i think it important to realize that somewhere sometime we have done the same to others. We have put that energy out in the universe. There is a peculiar quality that i have noticed within spiritual aspirants after meeting many of them and having them as friends. That is that they themselves  abandon others also. This is often in a sense of retreating  in an attempt to regroup or find their space. Yet it is often at the time when friends need them the most. This is just an observation. Yet i think there is something to it. It seems like developing the qualities of the heart sometimes are lacking if we get too much into ourselves in a misguided attempt to be spiritual. We gain flexibility by showing loving expression in times of difficult encounters with others and compassionate coexistence.

More and more we gain the  understanding that God is with us even in our most difficult periods in our life when no one seems to be able to relate to us. Probably the best thing to do is to remember to love others and think of them at all times no matter how they relate to you. i pray and wish that i am always there when others need me.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 01:55 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2011 09:37 pm »

for me abandonment is not always by choice. well, i guess it was... but not recognized until later... until abandonment had occurred and i've humiliated myself. i've been foolish, disrespectful and intolerant towards the ones i love... towards my passions, desires and infatuations.
and when i abandon something by choice, it is usually because i seek personal transformation... or because i find something about others undesirable- even when that something in them, is also in me
sometimes i want to change and leave everything behind, completely transform physically and mentally. i know it's possible, but my past leaves me with the desire to find temperance within and i find it challenging to let things go- yet at the same time, feel a burning passion to completely abandon everything- including myself.
this is something i'm far from understanding but am subject to daily
on the flip, i also have problems holding on for to long... usually when something in others sparks an interest... not always sure what it is, and so cling on to the other until i've become a negative entity for that person... not aware... i would say it is right for the other to leave- if that is what their heart is telling them- than maybe it is right for me to say, it is gods way.

hi steve
thanks for your heart warming post

bye friend
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2011 02:09 am »

for me abandonment is not always by choice. well, i guess it was... but not recognized until later... until abandonment had occurred and i've humiliated myself. i've been foolish, disrespectful and intolerant towards the ones i love... towards my passions, desires and infatuations.
and when i abandon something by choice, it is usually because i seek personal transformation... or because i find something about others undesirable- even when that something in them, is also in me
sometimes i want to change and leave everything behind, completely transform physically and mentally. i know it's possible, but my past leaves me with the desire to find temperance within and i find it challenging to let things go- yet at the same time, feel a burning passion to completely abandon everything- including myself.
this is something i'm far from understanding but am subject to daily
on the flip, i also have problems holding on for to long... usually when something in others sparks an interest... not always sure what it is, and so cling on to the other until i've become a negative entity for that person... not aware... i would say it is right for the other to leave- if that is what their heart is telling them- than maybe it is right for me to say, it is gods way.

hi steve
thanks for your heart warming post

bye friend

U r in similar company so we travel this road together helping one another understand our past and what we have become. i was very happy to see u post again. ur friendship here is very important to me/us as i have told u before u r welcome to call me if u ever need to or would like to. In the meantime thank u so much for coming back to share your deep insights about life and living. Like usual u have left us with much to absorb and contemplate/meditate on.

Perhaps finding what u call temperance within is another way of saying that u really do not know for sure what is taking place in another person so it it is better to take a 'wait and see' attitude while following some of your inner guidance as well. Is it not possible that abandonment is also synonymous with giving space to another and to ourselves for self evaluation and thus transformations. In time we can come back to a refreshed view. If others r gone in the process we give them our love and move on.

Letting go is often made easier by giving other situations and people equal opportunity for entering our/your life. The process includes filling a space in the void. Many times humiliation in the long run is not what it seems but the universes way of letting u know that u were meant for something better. Others may succeed temporarily in feeling a sense of satisfaction with 'dumping someone' but in the long run they have chosen to drop their diamonds and gold along the path to their own misery. When they return on their way home they will recognize their folly. Sometimes it may take years to see it in someone that has shown this kind of cruelty. Yet the universe has a way of showing this as well. In time in time; all will be revealed. All the secrets of the soul. i am on longer in a hurry to see the out comes. It only causes damages in relationships. Time and patience are a mark of spiritual progress. In the long run we will have to learn patience thru the process of healing time so why not start today?

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2011 12:46 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: