Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 05:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ann

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ann  (Read 683 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

Ann
« on: Sep 21, 2010 07:52 am »

Nomaste thanks for joining us. i am so happy that you came here. i hope you tell us of some of the stories about Yogananda and his disciples that you have been reading.

Steve Hydonus
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2010 02:18 pm »

Hello and welcome Ann  Smiley

Surprise us and post something, anything, lol ! Of course anything Yogananda is welcome, but you are not limited.

Hoping you will join in on the conversations and not just be another one of the silent majority.  Cheesy

peace & love,
Into Blue 

Report Spam   Logged
AnnMarek

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2010 10:08 pm »

Thank you all for welcoming me into the forum.  I was just reading the history of the Hollywood Temple online.  The story is really incredible, and the pictures of him there are just awesome!  I have never seen any of those before.  I so wish I could have been there then!  And the beautiful temple, the deer, the diner, and the crowd of people...  I will have to go there more often (especially now that I know they have a kirtan with the meditation there on Friday nights), and now I can imagine him there like in the pictures.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2010 10:19 pm »

hello to u dearest AnnMarek..welcome to the forum  Cheesy

love and (((Hugs)))
Report Spam   Logged
AnnMarek

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2010 10:33 pm »

Thank you Blue Nova!
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2010 10:49 pm »

hi AnnMarek!

Smiley welcome

thanks for becoming a part of my life, i look forward to reading your post and wish for you peace whenever you're in need

thank you
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010 09:31 pm »

Thank you all for welcoming me into the forum.  I was just reading the history of the Hollywood Temple online.  The story is really incredible, and the pictures of him there are just awesome!  I have never seen any of those before.  I so wish I could have been there then!  And the beautiful temple, the deer, the diner, and the crowd of people...  I will have to go there more often (especially now that I know they have a kirtan with the meditation there on Friday nights), and now I can imagine him there like in the pictures.  Smiley

Ann: Loved your pictures of Yogananda. Must get on my glasses to see them better next time.....

Steve
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
AnnMarek

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2010 10:34 pm »

Thank you White Tail (very sweet of you), and thank you Steve (next time you'll see them clearer, and thank you for yesterday)!  

I had a great  and very hot Sunday with Steve, going to the Hollywood temple and seeing a beautiful painting of Master right in front of me that I had only seen in black and white before (I wanted to take it home with me!).  We went to both services.  We also went to Yogananda's crypt, me for the first time, and Lahiri Mahasaya's Masamadhi anniversary, where we brought a white rose from Master's crypt (let's just say there were extras there).  That was really special to me to bring a rose from there.  I think he would have approved.  I know he loved flowers so much, and he loved Lahiri a lot also.  The rose I took home that we thought was dead has come back to life (thanks to the wet cloth you brought Steve) and I'm looking at it now, at work.  It's beautiful.  We're so lucky that his crypt is right here, and not very far at all from where I'm living now!

I'm having a little trouble navigating the forum as I'm not used to doing this, but Steve will help me!  And as a perfectionist and sometime writer, it takes me forever just to write a short post like this!  And how do I find these posts again?  What section are these in?  It's very confusing to me.  Knowing these words will be there forever for people to read is a little intimidating.  Probably because sometimes I get into trouble for what I say, like this morning at work!  But everything's OK now.  My boss even said that she wants Channel 7 to interview me when they come today to interview people about the heat!  It's because I came to work early because it's cooler here.  I kind of hope they don't though.

Jai Guru!
Ann (Guru Lover)
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2010 12:05 am »

hello Ann, as forums go, this is a very basic one to navigate. Of course, all forums take awhile to figure out if you are new. Just take your time to read thru and acquaint yourself with what is here. 

If you look at the top of the page ~
you will see HOME .... this is like the index page
click on this and this will bring you to the page where you will see all the topic categories of the forum

when you are on the HOME page scroll all the way down and you will see FORUM STATS ~ there is a place where it says something like  ~
View the most recent posts on the fourm ( here you will find what happened while you were away ).

When you sign in, way at the top of the page it says  ~ Hello AnnMarek
then to the right it says ~

Show unread posts since last visit.
 Show new replies to your posts

You can click on either of these also

I hope this is of some help to you.  Smiley Let us know if you have any other questions.

Into Blue
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2010 12:11 am by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2010 12:13 am »

And as a perfectionist and sometime writer, it takes me forever just to write a short post like this!  And how do I find these posts again?  What section are these in?  It's very confusing to me.  Knowing these words will be there forever for people to read is a little intimidating.  Probably because sometimes I get into trouble for what I say, like this morning at work!

hi Ann

sometimes it takes me a while to write something, i'm a little bit of a perfectionist too Cheesy(i try not to be! argh i can't help it! >_<! Tongue lol)
you might notice if you come across something like this : « Last Edit: Today at 11:03:53 am by whitetail »   Cheesy

to find your post click PROFILE up top just above "recent pictures"
after, click Show Posts under Personal Info

...this section is titled Introduce Yourself
there should be individual links that look like this
Soul Searching Forum > Forum > Welcome  > Introduce Yourself > Post reply ( Re: Ann )

...that does sound intimidating but don't worry, this is not your work place.
it's a loving forum with loving people and an array of entertaining personalities. respect is a spiritual practice and i think that's been given to the members here else i'd probably be banned by now (o_O?) hehe

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2010 12:17 am »

thanks whitetail for specifically answering Ann's question !  Smiley

my information was more of how to find her way around the forum and finding recent posts
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2010 12:27 am »

oh, yw  Cheesy. yeah after i finished making a post it prompted me to check since a post had just been made. guess we were responding near the same time, you just finished before me Tongue
its not that i read your post THEN cleared things up with my response
but things look that way so no hard feelings if such was the initial thought o_O?
UNLESS you're just saying thanks to say thanks... then... direct yourself back to first sentence please! <3 <3 Cheesy

PEACE ^_^
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2010 12:32 am »

whitetail,

my thank you was a genuine thank you, to you,  for responding directly to Ann's question !  Smiley

no worries !  Cheesy relax ! 
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2010 12:35 am by Into Blue » Report Spam   Logged
AnnMarek

« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2010 01:46 am »

Do you see how complicated things can get

Thanks for your help!

Ann
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2010 01:49 am »

You are welcome Ann, all is not as complicated as it seems. And if one does happen to wander around and get lost on the forum,  just relax and read whatever it is that you come across.  Smiley

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: