Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 02:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21204 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #45 on: Dec 15, 2011 06:53 pm »

as true as the message might be, it makes me sad nonetheless  Cry i can't always do what master ask

He who keeps no secrets has no depth in his heart.

Bowl of Saki, December 14, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

He who keeps no secret has no depth; his heart is like a vessel turned upside down.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/say/gayan_boulas.htm

The secret of all attainment is centered in reserve. Spiritual or material, when a person has told his plans to others, he has let out the energy that he should have kept as a reservoir of power for the accomplishment of his object. ... The teaching, 'Be wise as a serpent,' may be interpreted, 'Be quiet as a serpent.' It is quietude that gives wisdom and power. The thought held in mind speaks to the mind of another, but the thought spoken out most often only reaches the ears of a person. Every plan has a period of development; and if man has power over his impulse, by retaining the thought silently in mind, he allows the plan to develop and to take all necessary changes that it may take for its culmination. But when the impulse expresses the thought, it so to speak 'puts out the flame,' thus hindering the development of the plan. The wise speak with their mind many times before they speak about it to anybody.

~~~ "Githa I, Sadhana 7, The Path of Attainnment", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

I say, "Without the control over your lips you will not be able to develop inspiration."  As a poet has said, "When the shell closes its lips, then the pearl develops in it." ... the more you are able to keep your secret in your heart, the greater you become.  You have more weight, your personality becomes more reliable, more dependable.  As it is said in Vadan that it is best to say something without saying.

~~~ "Sangatha II, Secrecy on the Path of Truth", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

As soon as a person thinks, 'I am more,' the doors of knowledge are closed. He will no more be able to widen his knowledge because automatically, the doors of his heart are closed the moment he says, 'I know.'

Spiritual knowledge, the knowledge of life, is so intoxicating, so exalting, it gives such a great joy, that one begins to pour out one's knowledge before anyone who comes along as soon as this knowledge springs up. But if at that time the disciple could realize that he should conserve that kindling of the light, reserve it, keep it within himself and let it deepen, then his words would not be necessary and his presence would enlighten people. As soon as the spring rises and he pours forth what comes out of that spring in words, although on the one side his vanity will be satisfied, on the other side his energy will be exhausted. The little spring that had risen, he has poured out before others and he remains without power. This is why reserve is taught to the true disciple, the conserving of inspiration and power. The one who speaks is not always wise; it is the one who listens who is wise.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_2_8.htm

The more one knows the secret of the world the more one feels inclined to keep it secret. And the more one keeps secret what one knows the more life unfolds its secrets to one. ...  it must be remembered that the power of the body is nothing in comparison with the power of the mind. And the power of the one who keeps a secret is greater than the power of the giant who lifts a mountain. All that one holds is preserved, all that one lets go is dispersed.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_20.htm

~~~ He who keeps no secrets has no depth in his heart.

it's hard.  Embarrassed

In Elisabeth Haich's book, "Initiation", she mentions twelve sets of opposites which we must learn to control and balance in order to improve yourself and your level of consciousness. At any moment in time u may required to exercise one side of one of these qualities. It is knowing when and how to exercise these qualities and to put them in perfect balance that are the lessons we must master to gain ultimate understanding and a higher consciousness. I am not absolutely sure that this is all there is; however, they are so general, that they may in fact constitute the summation of all such intangible thought forms. In any case, let's review them for what they are worth. They are as follows:

keeping silent - talking
receptivity - resistance to influence
obeying - ruling
humility - self confidence
lightning-like speed - circumspection
to accept everything - to be able to differentiate
ability to fight - peace
caution - courage
to possess nothing - to command everything
to have no ties - loyalty
contempt for death - regard for life
indifference - love

We r fortunate that Hazrat Inayat Khan has chosen to say so much; to speak his wisdom. He may b speaking of deeper experiences that may b held between two or more people. As u know a secret is only a secret because it was told to someone otherwise it is nothing to anyone else. It is like the breeze in the forest when no one is there to experience it.

i have posted this before. Yet it reminds me that there is a balance in everything and many times not expressing or speaking conveys a coldness, a lack of sympathy and love. If u watch a saint or Master like Amma or Paramahansa Yogananda u will find that much was said and they talked a good part of their lives. Yet we r grateful for their words as we r grateful for Hazrat Inayat Khan's words and your presence verbally here at spiritual portal.

What would spiritual communion b like if we did not share it and what would love b if we do not express it? i would much rather have someone make a few mistakes in talking and expressing then withholding and showing nothing and giving nothing that we can relate to. We know others by their presence and what they say and express. If they show no expression what do they share and what do we know of them? Some people r like rocks they show nothing but the hardness of their texture. It is because we have mouths and hands that we can express what we experience inside and it is because we have ears that we r often silent and learn to listen. When i am quiet i hope to b receptive to the wisdom of the silent ones. i want to listen with all my being.

We r fortunate to have your communication Eric. It is like a warm breeze in the coldness that often surrounds us.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2011 12:10 am by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: