Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21658 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #90 on: Dec 06, 2016 02:14 am »

Reciprocity.

I have a comment Eric. i can agree on what he is saying accept for this word. We can easily find projects that are more meaningful if someone misuses us. For most of us we can also find people who are appreciative so there is really no use in giving to something that only goes down the drain. Let us think this one out a bit. We only have so many hours in a day. Why waste it on people who have little regard for others? It is best to put our energies where they can grow and we can really help others. Some people do not want our help nor do they even understand it. There are also those who we may spend time with who will willingly drain your energies, money and service with little or no regard for you. Eric you sell cars. I do not think you would continue your service without the reciprocity and acknowledgement of your service by being payed for your services. Your very survival depends on it. Is this 'commertializing' your services?

There have been people who have entered my life and who I spent a lot of time with that actually discouraged spiritual life. I really need to recognize that they have no intentions of meditating and would only discourage my efforts. I may enjoy their company but they have a lack of understanding of me and thus can show no reciprocity and actually discourage my spiritual efforts. Haven't you found this true also? When and if they call again I certainly will be friendly and give them a chance again, as I would like to be given, but to not listen to the voice of experience is to be knocked over the head over and over. So to spend very much time with them will only enable them to continue their lifestyle and stifle my own.

I will say this though... A Master has no need for reciprocity since he already has everything he could possibly want yet even as disciples we can help/support a Master's goals and projects here on earth. I wonder how others respond to my comments. Hazrat Inayat Khan has been a refreshing inspiration here at the portal. I may not agree or understand what he has said at various times. That does not take from the significance of his wisdom.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2016 06:51 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: