Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 01:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21711 times)
guest88
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2018 04:49 pm »

Good morning Steve,
I think you're right. I also hope that I am not seen as a waste of time, and while I am far from the Sufi ideal I hope to incorporate more of its teachings into my life which means recognizing that every person here has a purpose and is a part of Gods creation. I think no one can truly judge another person save God. While we make our inferences, perhaps a necessity in our evolution, if one were to adapt the Sufi ideal then they see their service with others- as devotion to God. Perhaps this is how Amma views it, whether the person is deserving or not... Inayat Khan describes friendship as a commercial attitude vs a genuine attempt at practicing Love, which is an ideal that elevates one to living a more spiritually fulfilled life.

I think too many times I fall back on this commercial attitude, even now, I display very selfish tricks to get something in return... I.E speaking to multiple girls for physical release without much consideration to the spiritual aspect of what's happening. Yup... I need to work on this and learn to tame myself...

Anyways, I guess what I am saying is... It's okay to feel this way, and I think even viewing reality in this manner has helped you along your journey... And I venture to say, your view on people may change the further along this journey you go. I agree that when a genuine relationship is reciprocated, it can feel like Heaven.

Lastly, if you've not read the art of personality in the last link provided(which is where the portion of yesterdays saki originates from) I would like to provide the last segment on servicing God for you to consider...

Before I do... I don't know how Inayat Khan and this website does it... I swear it's like my findings in here are perfectly orchestrated with my life endeavors and my many failing's.... I find the right inspiration at the right time and it penetrates my Heart... So I take this to be a sign... I will continue to follow this path... I appreciate Mr. Khan's illuminations and all those who share their insights in walking a Spiritual Life...

Here you go:
OUR DEALINGS WITH GOD
God is the ideal that raises mankind to the utmost reach of perfection. As man considers and judges his dealings with man in his conscience, so the real worshipper of God considers his dealings with God. If he has helped anybody, if he has been kind to anybody, if he has made sacrifices for anybody, he does not look for appreciation or return for his doing so to the people to whom he has done good; for he considers that he has done it for God, and therefore, his account is with God, not with those with whom he has dealt. He does not care even if instead of praising they blame him; for in any case he has done it for God, who is the best judge and the knower of all things.

There is no ideal that can raise the moral standard higher than the God-ideal, although love is the root of all and God is the fruit of this. Love's expansion and love's culmination and love's progress all depend upon the God-ideal. How much a man fears his friend, his neighbor, when he does something that might offend him whom he loves, whom he respects; and yet how narrow is his goodness when it is only for one person or for certain people! Imagine if he had the same consideration for God, then he would be considerate everywhere and in dealing with all people; as in a verse of a Sufi which says, 'Everywhere I go I find Thy sacred dwelling-place; and whichever side I look I see Thy beautiful face, my Beloved.'

Love for God is the expansion of the heart, and all actions that come from the lover of God are virtues; they cannot be otherwise. There is a different outlook on life when the love of God has filled a man's heart. The lover of God will not hate anyone; for he knows that by doing so he will hate the Creator by hating His creation. He cannot be insincere, he cannot be unfaithful; for he will think that to be faithful and sincere to mankind is to be faithful and sincere to God. You can always trust the lover of God, however impractical or however lacking in cleverness he may appear to be, for simply to hold strongly in mind the thought of God purifies the soul of all bitterness, and gives man a virtue that he could obtain nowhere else and by no other means.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: