Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 03:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21373 times)
guest88
« Reply #45 on: Nov 11, 2011 03:37 am »

Strangest thing happened on the way to the forum ....

I was enjoying a sip of saki, yeah the rice wine

spilt it all over, me and everything around me  Shocked

but all of a sudden, there was a moment of enlightenment !  Grin

and I felt surrounded by wisdom or was it words of Squisdom ?  Cool

wow, i'm just catching this and apologize for my late response.
but wow. . . that's amazing. thank you for sharing with me, friend
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #46 on: Nov 15, 2011 02:25 am »

hello jitendra and namaste2all
both of you have reminded me of todays saki lesson
Words are but the shells of thoughts and feelings.

Bowl of Saki, November 14, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

In spite of whatever wisdom we may have; we can make a mistake if we have no control over our words. And we can easily find examples of this truth; those who talk much have less power than those who talk little. For a talkative person may not be able to express an idea in a thousand words which those who are masters of silence express in one word. ... What gives power over words? What gives the power that can be attained by silence? The answer is: it is will power which gives the control over words; it is silence which gives one the power of silence. It is restlessness when a person speaks too much. The more words are used to express an idea, the less powerful they become. It is a great pity that man so often thinks of saving pennies and never thinks of sparing words. It is like saving pebbles and throwing away pearls. An Indian poet says, 'Pearl-shell, what gives you your precious contents? Silence; for years my lips were closed.'

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_34.htm

The mystic sees another significance of the mouth than for it to be a receptacle of food and drink.  Through the mouth words of wisdom are expressed, sacred words repeated.  Therefore the mouth is likened to a shell from which pearl-like words become manifest.  As by the opening of the mouth words are expressed so by the closing of the mouth the word is drawn within, which becomes a living word compared with all other words, which are lost after once they are spoken.

~~~ "Sangita II, Shaghal 9", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ Words are but the shells of thoughts and feelings.

cheers
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #47 on: Nov 18, 2011 08:32 am »

If the eyes and ears are open, the leaves of the trees become as pages of the Bible.

Bowl of Saki, November 17, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

If one would realize that the world of God, His splendor and magnificence, are to be seen in the wise and the foolish, in the good and the bad, then one would think tolerantly and reverently of all mankind, knowing that it represents the messenger, as the messenger represents God. For no one has seen God at any time, but if there is anyone who represents God, it is the man who speaks His word. God is seen in the one who glorifies Him. But if our hearts are closed, even if we wait for a thousand years for the messenger to show himself, we shall never find him. For he who is always there has said, 'I am Alpha and Omega. I exist every moment. When you call me, I am there. Knock at the door, and I will answer you.' And those whose eyes are open do not need to go to a church and look at a picture or statue of the Lord. In the eyes of every infant, in the smile of every innocent child, they receive the blessing of Christ.

It only means changing one's outlook on life, and recognizing the divine in man. But man has ignored the divine spirit that manifests in humanity, and always prefers an idol, a painting, a picture, to the living God, who is constantly before him. For the sage, the seer, the saint, and the yogi who begin to see the master, and see him living, there is no place where he cannot be seen. Then everywhere the beloved master is ready to answer the cry of the soul coming from friend, father or teacher. And if we go a little further forward, we will find that the teacher speaks aloud, not only through living beings, but through nature. If the eyes and ears are open, the leaves of the trees become as pages of the Bible. If the heart is alive, the whole life becomes one single vision of His sublime beauty, speaking to us at every moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #48 on: Nov 18, 2011 09:53 am »

hello jitendra and namaste2all
both of you have reminded me of todays saki lesson
Words are but the shells of thoughts and feelings.

Bowl of Saki, November 14, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

In spite of whatever wisdom we may have; we can make a mistake if we have no control over our words. And we can easily find examples of this truth; those who talk much have less power than those who talk little. For a talkative person may not be able to express an idea in a thousand words which those who are masters of silence express in one word. ... What gives power over words? What gives the power that can be attained by silence? The answer is: it is will power which gives the control over words; it is silence which gives one the power of silence. It is restlessness when a person speaks too much. The more words are used to express an idea, the less powerful they become. It is a great pity that man so often thinks of saving pennies and never thinks of sparing words. It is like saving pebbles and throwing away pearls. An Indian poet says, 'Pearl-shell, what gives you your precious contents? Silence; for years my lips were closed.'

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_34.htm

The mystic sees another significance of the mouth than for it to be a receptacle of food and drink.  Through the mouth words of wisdom are expressed, sacred words repeated.  Therefore the mouth is likened to a shell from which pearl-like words become manifest.  As by the opening of the mouth words are expressed so by the closing of the mouth the word is drawn within, which becomes a living word compared with all other words, which are lost after once they are spoken.

~~~ "Sangita II, Shaghal 9", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ Words are but the shells of thoughts and feelings.

cheers

Hi Eric Thank You so much for what is quoted full of wisdom. i do not know how much they apply to me. Perhaps a lot. i speak often on the forum because it helps me maintain friendships; or is that the case? One often pauses to reflect.

Sometimes it is better to remain silent on a subject because in the process of talking u become the fool. However, remaining silent when something needs to be said also can show a lack of love, caring and concern. Often i hope others will speak and initiate relationships of some sort because there is nothing more i can say without becoming part of their agenda of controlling the relationship.

This does not cover all the thoughts on this subject; just wanted u to know i appreciated the subject by returning a comment because i care about u as i do others here.

In Divine Friendship

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2011 09:58 am by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2011 03:07 am »

hi steve incase you were wondering why i was reminded of you and scott(?) is because lately in both of your post(recent past) you discuss similar- thats all
the timing of these messages are mysteriously beautiful sometimes, worth sharing
Report Spam   Logged
yoshi

« Reply #50 on: Nov 19, 2011 01:11 pm »

(((eric)))

thank u for your bowl of saki posts.....packed full of wisdom and inspiration they are, by such one-der-full masters...

thank you...i appreciate them very much and always look forward to reading them <3<3<3

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi
Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #51 on: Nov 22, 2011 06:34 am »

one- der- full  Grin

one - der - full  Grin

thirsting for more  V8 or is it Sakee !  Grin Cool

so confused walking thru that spiritual portal, LOL
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #52 on: Dec 15, 2011 09:44 am »

as true as the message might be, it makes me sad nonetheless  Cry i can't always do what master ask

He who keeps no secrets has no depth in his heart.

Bowl of Saki, December 14, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

He who keeps no secret has no depth; his heart is like a vessel turned upside down.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/say/gayan_boulas.htm

The secret of all attainment is centered in reserve. Spiritual or material, when a person has told his plans to others, he has let out the energy that he should have kept as a reservoir of power for the accomplishment of his object. ... The teaching, 'Be wise as a serpent,' may be interpreted, 'Be quiet as a serpent.' It is quietude that gives wisdom and power. The thought held in mind speaks to the mind of another, but the thought spoken out most often only reaches the ears of a person. Every plan has a period of development; and if man has power over his impulse, by retaining the thought silently in mind, he allows the plan to develop and to take all necessary changes that it may take for its culmination. But when the impulse expresses the thought, it so to speak 'puts out the flame,' thus hindering the development of the plan. The wise speak with their mind many times before they speak about it to anybody.

~~~ "Githa I, Sadhana 7, The Path of Attainnment", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

I say, "Without the control over your lips you will not be able to develop inspiration."  As a poet has said, "When the shell closes its lips, then the pearl develops in it." ... the more you are able to keep your secret in your heart, the greater you become.  You have more weight, your personality becomes more reliable, more dependable.  As it is said in Vadan that it is best to say something without saying.

~~~ "Sangatha II, Secrecy on the Path of Truth", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

As soon as a person thinks, 'I am more,' the doors of knowledge are closed. He will no more be able to widen his knowledge because automatically, the doors of his heart are closed the moment he says, 'I know.'

Spiritual knowledge, the knowledge of life, is so intoxicating, so exalting, it gives such a great joy, that one begins to pour out one's knowledge before anyone who comes along as soon as this knowledge springs up. But if at that time the disciple could realize that he should conserve that kindling of the light, reserve it, keep it within himself and let it deepen, then his words would not be necessary and his presence would enlighten people. As soon as the spring rises and he pours forth what comes out of that spring in words, although on the one side his vanity will be satisfied, on the other side his energy will be exhausted. The little spring that had risen, he has poured out before others and he remains without power. This is why reserve is taught to the true disciple, the conserving of inspiration and power. The one who speaks is not always wise; it is the one who listens who is wise.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_2_8.htm

The more one knows the secret of the world the more one feels inclined to keep it secret. And the more one keeps secret what one knows the more life unfolds its secrets to one. ...  it must be remembered that the power of the body is nothing in comparison with the power of the mind. And the power of the one who keeps a secret is greater than the power of the giant who lifts a mountain. All that one holds is preserved, all that one lets go is dispersed.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_20.htm

~~~ He who keeps no secrets has no depth in his heart.

it's hard.  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: Dec 15, 2011 06:53 pm »

as true as the message might be, it makes me sad nonetheless  Cry i can't always do what master ask

He who keeps no secrets has no depth in his heart.

Bowl of Saki, December 14, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

He who keeps no secret has no depth; his heart is like a vessel turned upside down.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/say/gayan_boulas.htm

The secret of all attainment is centered in reserve. Spiritual or material, when a person has told his plans to others, he has let out the energy that he should have kept as a reservoir of power for the accomplishment of his object. ... The teaching, 'Be wise as a serpent,' may be interpreted, 'Be quiet as a serpent.' It is quietude that gives wisdom and power. The thought held in mind speaks to the mind of another, but the thought spoken out most often only reaches the ears of a person. Every plan has a period of development; and if man has power over his impulse, by retaining the thought silently in mind, he allows the plan to develop and to take all necessary changes that it may take for its culmination. But when the impulse expresses the thought, it so to speak 'puts out the flame,' thus hindering the development of the plan. The wise speak with their mind many times before they speak about it to anybody.

~~~ "Githa I, Sadhana 7, The Path of Attainnment", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

I say, "Without the control over your lips you will not be able to develop inspiration."  As a poet has said, "When the shell closes its lips, then the pearl develops in it." ... the more you are able to keep your secret in your heart, the greater you become.  You have more weight, your personality becomes more reliable, more dependable.  As it is said in Vadan that it is best to say something without saying.

~~~ "Sangatha II, Secrecy on the Path of Truth", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

As soon as a person thinks, 'I am more,' the doors of knowledge are closed. He will no more be able to widen his knowledge because automatically, the doors of his heart are closed the moment he says, 'I know.'

Spiritual knowledge, the knowledge of life, is so intoxicating, so exalting, it gives such a great joy, that one begins to pour out one's knowledge before anyone who comes along as soon as this knowledge springs up. But if at that time the disciple could realize that he should conserve that kindling of the light, reserve it, keep it within himself and let it deepen, then his words would not be necessary and his presence would enlighten people. As soon as the spring rises and he pours forth what comes out of that spring in words, although on the one side his vanity will be satisfied, on the other side his energy will be exhausted. The little spring that had risen, he has poured out before others and he remains without power. This is why reserve is taught to the true disciple, the conserving of inspiration and power. The one who speaks is not always wise; it is the one who listens who is wise.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_2_8.htm

The more one knows the secret of the world the more one feels inclined to keep it secret. And the more one keeps secret what one knows the more life unfolds its secrets to one. ...  it must be remembered that the power of the body is nothing in comparison with the power of the mind. And the power of the one who keeps a secret is greater than the power of the giant who lifts a mountain. All that one holds is preserved, all that one lets go is dispersed.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_20.htm

~~~ He who keeps no secrets has no depth in his heart.

it's hard.  Embarrassed

In Elisabeth Haich's book, "Initiation", she mentions twelve sets of opposites which we must learn to control and balance in order to improve yourself and your level of consciousness. At any moment in time u may required to exercise one side of one of these qualities. It is knowing when and how to exercise these qualities and to put them in perfect balance that are the lessons we must master to gain ultimate understanding and a higher consciousness. I am not absolutely sure that this is all there is; however, they are so general, that they may in fact constitute the summation of all such intangible thought forms. In any case, let's review them for what they are worth. They are as follows:

keeping silent - talking
receptivity - resistance to influence
obeying - ruling
humility - self confidence
lightning-like speed - circumspection
to accept everything - to be able to differentiate
ability to fight - peace
caution - courage
to possess nothing - to command everything
to have no ties - loyalty
contempt for death - regard for life
indifference - love

We r fortunate that Hazrat Inayat Khan has chosen to say so much; to speak his wisdom. He may b speaking of deeper experiences that may b held between two or more people. As u know a secret is only a secret because it was told to someone otherwise it is nothing to anyone else. It is like the breeze in the forest when no one is there to experience it.

i have posted this before. Yet it reminds me that there is a balance in everything and many times not expressing or speaking conveys a coldness, a lack of sympathy and love. If u watch a saint or Master like Amma or Paramahansa Yogananda u will find that much was said and they talked a good part of their lives. Yet we r grateful for their words as we r grateful for Hazrat Inayat Khan's words and your presence verbally here at spiritual portal.

What would spiritual communion b like if we did not share it and what would love b if we do not express it? i would much rather have someone make a few mistakes in talking and expressing then withholding and showing nothing and giving nothing that we can relate to. We know others by their presence and what they say and express. If they show no expression what do they share and what do we know of them? Some people r like rocks they show nothing but the hardness of their texture. It is because we have mouths and hands that we can express what we experience inside and it is because we have ears that we r often silent and learn to listen. When i am quiet i hope to b receptive to the wisdom of the silent ones. i want to listen with all my being.

We r fortunate to have your communication Eric. It is like a warm breeze in the coldness that often surrounds us.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2011 12:10 am by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #54 on: Jan 07, 2012 03:44 am »

for flying squirrel
i hope you've enjoyed this little story as much as i

The truth cannot be spoken; that which can be spoken is not the truth.

Bowl of Saki, January 6, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Truth is that which can never be spoken in words and that which can be spoken in words is not the truth. The ocean is the ocean; the ocean is not a few drops of water that one puts in a bottle. Just so truth cannot be limited by words: truth must be experienced...

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_34.htm

...the truth cannot be put into words; all we can do is make an effort to render the mystery of life intelligible to our minds.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_12.htm

Very often people ask, "What is the nature of truth, is it a theory, a principle, a philosophy, or a doctrine?" All theories, philosophies, principles, and doctrines are only a cover over the truth. The ultimate truth is that which cannot spoken, for words are too inadequate to express it.

~~~ "Supplementary papers, Philosophy V", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

There is a well known Eastern legend giving the idea of a soul who had found truth. There was a wall of laughter and of smiles. This wall existed for ages and many tried to climb it, but few succeeded. Those who had climbed upon it saw something beyond, and so interested were they that they smiled, climbed over the wall and never returned. The people of the town began to wonder what magic could there be and what attraction, that whoever climbed the wall never returned. So they called it the wall of mystery. Then they said, 'We must make an enquiry and send someone who can reach the top, but we must tie him with a rope to hold him back.' When the man they had thus sent reached the top of the wall, he smiled and tried to jump over it, but they pulled him back. Still he smiled, and when the people eagerly asked, 'what did you see there?' he did not answer, he only smiled.

This is the condition of the seer. The man who in the shrine of his heart has seen the vision of God, the one who has the realization of truth, can only smile, for words can never really explain what truth means.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_7.htm

http://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #55 on: Mar 05, 2012 08:25 pm »

Man creates his own disharmony.

Bowl of Saki, March 5, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Feelings such as pride, conceit, selfishness, jealousy, envy and contempt are all feelings which hurt others and which destroy one's own life making it full of the misery which springs from that selfish personal feeling, that ego of man. The more egoistic, the more conceited he is, the more miserable a life he has in the world, the more he makes the lives of others miserable. ... it is in the world that, growing up, he creates all this and this creation is called nafs or ego. Yet at the same time in the depth of the heart there is that goodness which is the divine goodness, that righteousness which man has inherited from the Father in heaven. ...

Man creates his own disharmony in his soul and then treats others in the same way; therefore he is not satisfied with his own life, nor is he satisfied with others because he feels that he has a complaint against others, although mostly it is caused by himself. What he gives he receives back, but he never sees that. He always thinks: what the depth of his being yearns for -- love, goodness, righteousness, harmony and peace -- everybody must give to him. But for him when it comes to giving he does not give because he lives in the other life he has created. ...

But when a revolution comes in the life of a man, as soon as he begins to see deeply into life, to acquire goodness -- not only to get but to give -- as soon as he begins to enjoy not only the sympathy of others but giving sympathy to others, then comes a period when he begins to see this Satan-spirit as apart from his real original being, standing before him constantly in conflict with his natural force, freedom and inclination. ... The mystery of perfection lies in annihilation -- not in annihilation of the real self, but of the false self, of the false conception which man has cherished in his heart and always has allowed to torture his life. ...

God speaks to everyone, not only to the messengers and teachers. He speaks to the ears of every heart, but it is not every heart which hears it. His voice is louder than the thunder, and His light is clearer than the sun -- if one could only see it, if one could only hear it. In order to see it and in order to hear it man should remove this wall, this barrier which he has made of the self. Then he becomes the flute upon which the divine Player may play the music of Orpheus which can charm even the hearts of stone; then he rises from the cross into the life everlasting.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_2_22.htm

~~~ Man creates his own disharmony.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #56 on: Apr 05, 2012 06:19 am »

photo 1    

To give sympathy is sovereignty, to desire it from others is captivity.

Bowl of Saki, April 4, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Although sometimes it gives a tender sensation in the heart to say, 'Oh, how poorly I am', and it is soothing to hear from someone, 'Oh, I am so sorry you are not well', yet I should think that one would prefer if another thing were said in sympathy, namely, 'I am so happy to see you are so well'. In order to create that tender sensation one need not be ill. What is needed is to be thankful. We can never be too thankful.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_11.htm

The first lesson given to man was to be grateful for his daily bread, because that was the greatest necessity of his life. Now that has become so simple and life has changed so much that man forgets to be thankful. He even thinks, 'Why should I give thanks?' He forgets that behind his own personality he covers God. His own toil seems more to him than the toil of every atom of nature that is preparing blessings for him.

Self-pity is the worst poverty; it is the source of all unhappiness and blinds man to all he should be thankful for. The constantly complaining habit and the tendency to demand sympathy from others bring the greatest thorn into man's life: he becomes dependent upon the sympathy of others. The best thing is to give sympathy.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_1.htm

~~~ To give sympathy is sovereignty, to desire it from others is captivity.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: Apr 07, 2012 03:28 am »

photo 1    

To give sympathy is sovereignty, to desire it from others is captivity.

Bowl of Saki, April 4, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Although sometimes it gives a tender sensation in the heart to say, 'Oh, how poorly I am', and it is soothing to hear from someone, 'Oh, I am so sorry you are not well', yet I should think that one would prefer if another thing were said in sympathy, namely, 'I am so happy to see you are so well'. In order to create that tender sensation one need not be ill. What is needed is to be thankful. We can never be too thankful.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IV/IV_11.htm

The first lesson given to man was to be grateful for his daily bread, because that was the greatest necessity of his life. Now that has become so simple and life has changed so much that man forgets to be thankful. He even thinks, 'Why should I give thanks?' He forgets that behind his own personality he covers God. His own toil seems more to him than the toil of every atom of nature that is preparing blessings for him.

Self-pity is the worst poverty; it is the source of all unhappiness and blinds man to all he should be thankful for. The constantly complaining habit and the tendency to demand sympathy from others bring the greatest thorn into man's life: he becomes dependent upon the sympathy of others. The best thing is to give sympathy.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_1.htm

~~~ To give sympathy is sovereignty, to desire it from others is captivity.

i know it is more blessed to give than to receive. i often have to remind myself of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #58 on: Apr 07, 2012 09:59 am »

Thank you abysmaltouch for sharing all your Saki stories with us !

Nitewish
Report Spam   Logged
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #59 on: Apr 14, 2012 10:26 am »

The April 4th post is so wonderful and true.

Thank you for giving us this great man's wisdom.

I needed this so much the last two days!

I want to pick the flowers rather than pierce

my skin with the brambles and thorns!

Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: