Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21291 times)
guest88
« Reply #180 on: Jun 05, 2018 05:56 am »

Yet another Home Run with today's saki... I am a bit ashamed to admit this... But I have no doubt played King Fool... Maybe one too many times, I've lost friends and lovers because of it. Even today, while I try harder, I see the outcome has not been as it is desired. I can achieve, I will achieve... I have no doubt in my mind- from the sheer progress... Yet I read these teachings from Hazarat Inayat Khan and I can not help but feel I am the weakness he describes, the one whom he makes example of and it is not anything to boast about. As of late, I have realized I am guilty of Gossip- where I've been hurt and shared my experience to a third party for validation. How silly... Today's saki Inayat Khan teaches us the importance of relationships and the sacredness in each. To treat each relationship as a private affair, to hold ones tongue despite the inclination to express and to recognize that if God exist in us all then it is for that and the Hope which transcends you practice these things.

My drums have beaten so loudly lately that I believe I am the cause of the negative impressions, at least residing in them more than positive. You see I've had nothing but good things around me yet in my pursuits to excel and rapidly I've taken many steps backwards or I hold not just myself but others to perhaps unrealistic standards and create a toxic reality- one that corrodes. There's more but it isn't necessary to be so loud... I must retreat... I can't believe I've gone days without meditation... I can't believe the Saki penetrates my soul yet again- this time through my admitted faults and shortcomings... Things I still struggle with.. Yet there is always Hope... And there is a Will, with steady progression. Perhaps it is as he says, it is important to take a step back and see how Creation provides alternative perspectives... Well I am drifting, rambling and assuming my reality is of importance here yet I am inclined to sharing because these lessons are on par and perhaps those reading relate or feel their own torches lit as a result...

So, without further delay:

The secret of a friend should be kept as one's own secret; the fault of a friend one should hide as one's own fault.

Bowl of Saki, June 4, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

A very important thing in character-building is to become conscious of one's relationship, obligation, and duty to each person in the world, and not to mix that link and connection which is established between oneself and another with a third person. One must consider that everything that is entrusted to one by any person in life is one's trust, and one must know that to prove true to the confidence of any person in the world is one's sacred obligation. In this manner a harmonious connection is established with everyone; and it is this harmony which attunes the soul to the infinite. ...

Dharma in the language of the Hindus means religion, but the literal meaning of this word is duty. It suggests that one's relation to every person in the world is one's religion; and the more conscientiously one follows it, the more keen one proves in following one's religion. To keep the secret of our friend, our acquaintance, even of someone with whom for a time one has been vexed, is the most sacred obligation. The one who thus realizes his religion would never consider it right to tell another of any harm or hurt he has received from his friend. It is in this way that self-denial is learned; not always by fasting and retiring into the wilderness. ... The one who knows what the relation of friendship is between one soul and another, the tenderness of that connection, its delicacy, its beauty, and its sacredness, that one can enjoy life in its fullness, for he is living; and in this manner he must some day communicate with God. For it is the same bridge that connects two souls in the world, which, once built, becomes the path to God.
   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_1.htm

A friend, in the true sense of the word, is nearer and closer than our own family, relations, neighbors, nation, and race. The secret of the friend should be kept as one's own secret: the fault of the friend one should hide as one's own fault; the honor of the friend must be considered as one's own honor; an enemy of the friend should be regarded as our enemy; a friend of the friend must be considered as our friend. One must not boast of friendship, but must practice it, for the claimants are so often false. In the despair of the friend, consolation must be given; in the poverty of the friend, support is necessary; in the shortcomings of the friend, overlooking is necessary; in the trouble of the friend, help should be given; with the joy of the friend, rejoicing is right.
   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_3.htm

Please read these volumes of study if you wish to dissect my babble or perhaps even more magical, gain clarity to you own affairs....

In Loving Service...

<3
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #181 on: Jun 17, 2018 04:44 am »

Every experience on the physical, astral or mental plane is just a dream before the soul.

Bowl of Saki, June 16, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Perhaps, ideas of a past or future life brighten the impression of these words
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #182 on: Jun 17, 2018 05:59 am »

Eric I have found that sometimes a third party or friend that knows well a mutual friend has helped me  very much in understanding and dealing with our mutual friend. So I am shedding some different liight on this subject. In this case it was very helpful to evchange info on how the negativity of our friend disrupted our relationship and friendship for both of us. Also we both were empowered in how to deal with the situation.

Yet another Home Run with today's saki... I am a bit ashamed to admit this... But I have no doubt played King Fool... Maybe one too many times, I've lost friends and lovers because of it. Even today, while I try harder, I see the outcome has not been as it is desired. I can achieve, I will achieve... I have no doubt in my mind- from the sheer progress... Yet I read these teachings from Hazarat Inayat Khan and I can not help but feel I am the weakness he describes, the one whom he makes example of and it is not anything to boast about. As of late, I have realized I am guilty of Gossip- where I've been hurt and shared my experience to a third party for validation. How silly... Today's saki Inayat Khan teaches us the importance of relationships and the sacredness in each. To treat each relationship as a private affair, to hold ones tongue despite the inclination to express and to recognize that if God exist in us all then it is for that and the Hope which transcends you practice these things.

My drums have beaten so loudly lately that I believe I am the cause of the negative impressions, at least residing in them more than positive. You see I've had nothing but good things around me yet in my pursuits to excel and rapidly I've taken many steps backwards or I hold not just myself but others to perhaps unrealistic standards and create a toxic reality- one that corrodes. There's more but it isn't necessary to be so loud... I must retreat... I can't believe I've gone days without meditation... I can't believe the Saki penetrates my soul yet again- this time through my admitted faults and shortcomings... Things I still struggle with.. Yet there is always Hope... And there is a Will, with steady progression. Perhaps it is as he says, it is important to take a step back and see how Creation provides alternative perspectives... Well I am drifting, rambling and assuming my reality is of importance here yet I am inclined to sharing because these lessons are on par and perhaps those reading relate or feel their own torches lit as a result...

So, without further delay:

The secret of a friend should be kept as one's own secret; the fault of a friend one should hide as one's own fault.

Bowl of Saki, June 4, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

A very important thing in character-building is to become conscious of one's relationship, obligation, and duty to each person in the world, and not to mix that link and connection which is established between oneself and another with a third person. One must consider that everything that is entrusted to one by any person in life is one's trust, and one must know that to prove true to the confidence of any person in the world is one's sacred obligation.

Dharma in the language of the Hindus means religion, but the literal meaning of this word is duty. It suggests that one's relation to every person in the world is one's religion; and the more conscientiously one follows it, the more keen one proves in following one's religion. To keep the secret of our friend, our acquaintance, even of someone with whom for a time one has been vexed, is the most sacred obligation.

A friend, in the true sense of the word, is nearer and closer than our own family, relations, neighbors, nation, and race. The secret of the friend should be kept as one's own secret: the fault of the friend one should hide as one's own fault; the honor of the friend must be considered as one's own honor; an enemy of the friend should be regarded as our enemy; a friend of the friend must be considered as our friend. One must not boast of friendship, but must practice it, for the claimants are so often false. In the despair of the friend, consolation must be given; in the poverty of the friend, support is necessary; in the shortcomings of the friend, overlooking is necessary; in the trouble of the friend, help should be given; with the joy of the friend, rejoicing is right.
   from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_3.htm

Please read these volumes of study if you wish to dissect my babble or perhaps even more magical, gain clarity to you own affairs....

In Loving Service...

<3

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018 06:11 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #183 on: Jun 17, 2018 03:44 pm »

Dear Steve,
Thank you for your interest. Inayat Khan mentions gossip in the writing the art of personality and on character building, I encourage you to read the entire transcript linked below. Of course, when we are involved with our friends it’s easy to take things personally... it is amusing to say the least that a Sufi seeks god in the heart of man yet must learn indifference along the path... once you see god working through even those you call an enemy, I can only imagine that love transcends all pains.

despite having this wisdom to fall back on I too find my very nature looking to others for validation and understanding. I think what you’re describing is different from the toxicity and entanglement of gossip. However- gossip, judgements and other transgressions are natural. This article is about mastery over self and will power. despite my shortcomings I continue on That sufism may help me live a life of peace, love and help me find a way to rise above duality.

From studying these works, meditating and finding time to detach from those intimate relationships I am able to gain clarity- sometimes I can understand actions of others even so I think it best to reserve judgement and turn that inwards. Always going back to God in Love.

I’ve taken snippets from the reading and pasted below. Again this is on how to improve yourself and do not expect you to agree with everything or conform to anything- I share with hopes that it too provides clarity as it does for me...
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_1.htm
It must be remembered that one shows lack of nobleness of character by love of gossiping. It is so natural, and yet it is a great fault in the character to cherish the tendency to talk about others. One shows a great weakness when one makes remarks about someone behind his back. In the first place it is against what may be called frankness, and also it is judging another, which is wrong according to the teaching of Christ, who says, 'Judge not, that ye be not judged'. When one allows this tendency to remain in one, one develops love of talking about others. It is a defect which commonly exists, and when two people meet who have the same tendency, they gossip together. One helps the other, one encourages the other. And when something is supported by two people of necessity it becomes a virtue, if only for the time being.
How few in this world know what an effect it makes on one's personality, talking ill of another; what influence it has on one's soul! Man's self within is not only like a dome where everything he says has an echo, but that echo is creative and productive of what has been said. Every good and bad thing in one's life one develops by taking interest in it. Every fault one has, as long as it is small, one does not notice it; and so one develops the fault till it results in a disappointment
every outward manifestation is nothing but a reaction of the inner condition. Therefore the first control that one has to gain is over one's own self, one's inner self, which is done by strengthening the will, and also by understanding life better.
In order to practice self-control in all one does in everyday life, the best thing is to develop in one's nature a certain amount of indifference. Every word that is said to one need not be taken to be so important that it upsets one's whole being, disturbs one's balance, and robs one of one's will power. There are things that matter; but there are many things in one's everyday life which do not matter much, and one is often apt to put undue stress upon them.
Faults? Everyone has faults. Oneself, one's friend, and one's enemy are all subject to faults. The one who wishes that his own faults should not be disclosed must necessarily consider the same for the others he meets. The one who knows what the relation of friendship is between one soul and another, the tenderness of that connection, its delicacy, its beauty, and its sacredness, that one can enjoy life in its fullness, for he is living; and in this manner he must some day communicate with God. For it is the same bridge that connects two souls in the world, which, once built, becomes the path to God. There is no greater virtue in this world than proving kind and trustworthy to one's friend, worthy of his confidence.
Depression, despair, and all manner of sorrow and sadness come from lack of generosity. Where does jealousy come from? Where does envy, aching of the heart come from? It all comes from lack of generosity. A man may not have one single coin to his name, and yet he can be generous, he can be noble, if only he has a large heart of friendly feeling. Life in the world offers every opportunity to a man, whatever be his position in life, to show if he has any spirit of generosity.
Namaste Brother
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #184 on: Jun 17, 2018 04:03 pm »

Dear Steve,
Thank you for your interest. Inayat Khan mentions gossip in the writing the art of personality and on character building, I encourage you to read the entire transcript linked below. Of course, we are very involved with our friends and begin to take things personally... it is amusing to say the least that a Sufi seeks god in the heart of man yet must learn indifference along the path... once you see god working through even those you call an enemy, I can only imagine that love transcends all pains.

despite having this wisdom to fall back on I too find my very nature looking to others for validation and understanding- gossip, judgements and other transgressions are natural. This article is about mastery over self and will power. despite my shortcomings I continue on That sufism may help me live a life of peace, love and help me find a way to rise above duality.

From studying these works, meditating and finding time to detach from those intimate relationships I am able to gain clarity- in trying to understand myself I find that I can understand others and when it is less personable you may eventually gain insights to the why when a person behaves in an unpleasant manner even so I find it best to reserve judgement and turn that inwards. Always going back to God in Love.

I’ve taken snippets from the reading and pasted below. Again this is on how to improve yourself and do not expect you to agree with everything or conform to anything- I share with hopes that it too provides clarity as it does for me...
https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_1.htm
It must be remembered that one shows lack of nobleness of character by love of gossiping. It is so natural, and yet it is a great fault in the character to cherish the tendency to talk about others. One shows a great weakness when one makes remarks about someone behind his back. In the first place it is against what may be called frankness, and also it is judging another, which is wrong according to the teaching of Christ, who says, 'Judge not, that ye be not judged'. When one allows this tendency to remain in one, one develops love of talking about others. It is a defect which commonly exists, and when two people meet who have the same tendency, they gossip together. One helps the other, one encourages the other. And when something is supported by two people of necessity it becomes a virtue, if only for the time being.
How few in this world know what an effect it makes on one's personality, talking ill of another; what influence it has on one's soul! Man's self within is not only like a dome where everything he says has an echo, but that echo is creative and productive of what has been said. Every good and bad thing in one's life one develops by taking interest in it. Every fault one has, as long as it is small, one does not notice it; and so one develops the fault till it results in a disappointment
every outward manifestation is nothing but a reaction of the inner condition. Therefore the first control that one has to gain is over one's own self, one's inner self, which is done by strengthening the will, and also by understanding life better.
In order to practice self-control in all one does in everyday life, the best thing is to develop in one's nature a certain amount of indifference. Every word that is said to one need not be taken to be so important that it upsets one's whole being, disturbs one's balance, and robs one of one's will power. There are things that matter; but there are many things in one's everyday life which do not matter much, and one is often apt to put undue stress upon them.
Faults? Everyone has faults. Oneself, one's friend, and one's enemy are all subject to faults. The one who wishes that his own faults should not be disclosed must necessarily consider the same for the others he meets. The one who knows what the relation of friendship is between one soul and another, the tenderness of that connection, its delicacy, its beauty, and its sacredness, that one can enjoy life in its fullness, for he is living; and in this manner he must some day communicate with God. For it is the same bridge that connects two souls in the world, which, once built, becomes the path to God. There is no greater virtue in this world than proving kind and trustworthy to one's friend, worthy of his confidence.
Depression, despair, and all manner of sorrow and sadness come from lack of generosity. Where does jealousy come from? Where does envy, aching of the heart come from? It all comes from lack of generosity. A man may not have one single coin to his name, and yet he can be generous, he can be noble, if only he has a large heart of friendly feeling. Life in the world offers every opportunity to a man, whatever be his position in life, to show if he has any spirit of generosity.
Namaste Brother

I continue to read your captions with interest. However sometimes even friends can abuse us and do not always treat us in ways that are fair or kind. Often we understand this thru the treatment dealt out to us to others as well and that some people expect too much and are unwilling to reciprocate no matter how much u may explain this concept of repriprocity. They have their own view that somehow they  are right and will not except any view but their own. Often what may be considered gossip is in fact reacurring behavior that is rigid in nature and goes unnnoticed until verified under different conditions and with more then one person. Recently I have been told what may be considered gossip and the faults of others that have helped me immensely avoid the continued and further abuse by so called friends. Also in the past I have been told disparaging things about others I considered to be friends which were in fact true and it would have been better if I listened to the so called gossip to save myself a lot of wasted time with people who really did not even have the capability to be true friends.
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018 04:31 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #185 on: Jun 17, 2018 04:23 pm »

Hi Steve,
Sorry I was writing very quickly without much time to construct my thoughts and words(rushed to work this morning) and would like to think more on what you said. I went back to try and clarify that understanding and gossip may be two different realities, I don’t think you go about talking illy of this person- just that something was not right and needed further understanding in yourself. If someone thinks they are right, We don’t need to invest so much energy trying to figure them out... why? in these moments I find myself rushing back to god in meditation and looking to detach and love. I have friends who tread different paths- it’s not for me to count what is owed or what is right or wrong, just that I can share in Love to the best of my ability with the personal belief that is a service and brings me closer to God. Real magic happens around this understanding...

Peace bro <3
Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Suess

« Reply #186 on: Jun 18, 2018 08:48 am »

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Right?
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2018 08:49 am by Dr. Suess » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #187 on: Jun 18, 2018 01:12 pm »

Hi Steve,
Sorry I was writing very quickly without much time to construct my thoughts and words(rushed to work this morning) and would like to think more on what you said. I went back to try and clarify that understanding and gossip may be two different realities, I don’t think you go about talking illy of this person- just that something was not right and needed further understanding in yourself. If someone thinks they are right, We don’t need to invest so much energy trying to figure them out... why? in these moments I find myself rushing back to god in meditation and looking to detach and love. I have friends who tread different paths- it’s not for me to count what is owed or what is right or wrong, just that I can share in Love to the best of my ability with the personal belief that is a service and brings me closer to God. Real magic happens around this understanding...

Peace bro <3

I think that we occasionally get these insights like ‘ oh I see what this is about now. It’s all about you and does not include any of me. It’s like a rut you dug and find it easy to go down and want me to do the same without question. What’s easy for me should be the same for you. But we may have a different way of lookin at it. Like let’s try something different too and see where that goes. But the other person is like no i’m Used to my way and your causin too much work for me.... so you might just have to pause for reflection and see where u have really started off in a meaningful direction even though a close friend may not see it that way. We can still be very appreciative for the times our friends have and will go out of the way to help and assist us when we have been in need while recognizing the pot holes people get into and just feel comfortable staying in them.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2018 01:32 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #188 on: Jun 19, 2018 10:07 am »

Meeting new people or making new friends, and perhaps spending less time with friendships that have grown stale, tired or dated can also be a new circumstance.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #189 on: Jun 19, 2018 09:41 pm »

Meeting new people or making new friends, and perhaps spending less time with friendships that have grown stale, tired or dated can also be a new circumstance.
I think it is a tragedy to view any friendship as stale, draining or dated- yet it is reality, so do we consider these old relationships friends or acquaintances  ... all the more reason I wish to cultivate indifference and love for the human experience ... maybe it’s a fools desire to want others to feel love when they think of you, worrying to much about the wrong thing or persons... how to reside in gods love and feel gods love so these things don’t matter... that seems good enough
If I can just relinquish these thoughts that are constantly pulling me away from inner peace
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #190 on: Jun 19, 2018 09:42 pm »

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Right?
Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #191 on: Jun 21, 2018 05:48 am »

Dear Jitendra,
I find that Amma and Inayat Khan indeed, Sufism are very similar. Both recognize that each soul has a unique path and what matters are the divine qualities- even in those who call themselves atheist. It's all for Love. The greatest message is to simply Love. True, our ego often conflicts with this awareness. Yet it is both Amma and Inayat Khan who teach- Faith & Awareness are the greatest tools to transcending duality, to being a great benefactor to society and to meeting face to face with our truest spiritual selves.

I would definitely call Amma a deva. I also think she is a true guru who has the ability to guide her disciples to enlightenment and she has given them the tool of the iam technique of meditation and many other helpful tecchniques to spiritualize consciousness and free us from delusion. Her unique path lies in the idea that no one has to change their religion to join her only practice their own religion. While Amma is widely regarded as one of India’s foremost spiritual leaders, Amma says that her religion is love. She has never asked anyone to change their religion but only to contemplate the essential principles of their own faith and to try to live accordingly.
Looking back, I think it is a trap to worry about what others think. The past is just that and as Amma herself says, we do not live in our storage. Draw from storage if we must but do not reside there. As Wahiduddin so graciously transmits, describe yourself as a Verb not a Noun. We are forever changing, striving towards perfection. And, as Murshid Inayat Khan elaborates in today's Saki-

Love lies in service; only that which is done not for fame or name, not for the appreciation or thanks of those for whom it is done, is love's service.

Bowl of Saki, June 20, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Love lies in service. Only that which is done, not for fame or name, nor for the appreciation or thanks of those for whom it is done, is love's service.

The lover shows kindness and beneficence to the beloved. He does whatever he can for the beloved in the way of help, service, sacrifice, kindness, or rescue, and hides it from the world and even from the beloved. If the beloved does anything for him he exaggerates it, idealizes it, makes it into a mountain from a molehill. He takes poison from the hands of the beloved as sugar, and love's pain in the wound of his heart is his only joy. By magnifying and idealizing whatever the beloved does for him and by diminishing and forgetting whatever he himself does for the beloved, he first develops his own gratitude, which creates all goodness in his life.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_22.htm

The Sufi moral is this: Love another and do not depend upon his love; and: Do good to another and do not depend upon receiving good from him; serve another and do not look for service from him. All you do for another out of your love and kindness, you should think that you do, not to that person, but to God. And if the person returns love for love, goodness for goodness, service for service, so much the better. If he does not return it, then pity him for what he loses; for his gain is much less than his loss.

Do not look for thanks or appreciation for all the good you do to others, nor use it as a means to stimulate your vanity. Do all that you consider good for the sake of goodness, not even for a return of that from God.

~~~ "Sangatha I, Saluk", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ Love lies in service; only that which is done not for fame or name, not for the appreciation or thanks of those for whom it is done, is love's service.
And so it is, the very God we run towards Loves regardless of what mankind understands as good or bad- Loves despite ones transgressions and what others may deem annoyances or even dullness. And what truly blows my mind are how both Inayat Khan and Mata Amritanandamayi both seek God in the heart of man- the very essence of Sufi religion.

In this awareness, each moment is a true work of Wonder... We can shed our past...
And I am reminded still, to enjoy the moment and Flow~ That our time here is very short when compared to the Everlasting. Finding inner peace can really make this place Heaven on Earth...

Namaste Brother. _^_ ~~~~
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #192 on: Jun 28, 2018 03:31 pm »

Today’s saki affirms my belief to rising above awareness of negative entrapment

The awakened heart says, "I must give, I must not demand." Thus it enters a gate that leads to a constant happiness.

Bowl of Saki, June 28, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

An unhappy person, being himself unhappy, cannot make others happy. It is a wealthy person who can help the one who is hard up, not a poor person, however much desire of helping he may have. So it is with happiness, which is a great wealth; and a happy person can take away the unhappiness of another, for he has enough for himself and for others.

Earthly pleasures are the shadows of happiness; because of their transitory character. True happiness is in love, which is the stream that springs from one's soul. He who will allow this stream to run continually in all conditions of life, in all situations, however difficult, will have a happiness which truly belongs to him, the source of which is not without, but within. If there is a constant outpouring of love one becomes a divine fountain, for from the depth of the fountain rises the stream and, on its return, it pours upon the fountain, bathing it continually.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_17.htm

Why does a mystic attribute such great importance to harmony? Because to a mystic, his whole life is one continuous symphony, a playing of music, with each soul contributing his particular part to the symphony. A person's success therefore depends upon the idea he has of harmony. Very few people in the world pay attention to harmony. They do not know that without it, there is no chance of happiness. It is only the harmonious ones who can make others happy and partake of that happiness themselves; and apart from them, it is hard to find happiness in the world.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_8.htm

The method of attainment is to endeavor always to make others happy and by experiencing happiness in the happiness of others. In the terms of the Sufi, it is Suluk. Any selfishness prevents us from appreciating another's happiness and therefore we shall be kept back, for the happiness of others is the gate to our own happiness. Real happiness is entering the gate. We must feel satisfaction in another's satisfaction ... If a person needs a certain thing and we can supply it, we should be happy, how ever small the thing may be.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/archives/constancy.htm

~~~ The awakened heart says, "I must give, I must not demand."  Thus it enters a gate that leads to a constant happiness.

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #193 on: Jul 04, 2018 05:05 am »

Man must first create peace in himself if he desires to see peace in the world; for lacking peace within, no effort of his can bring any result.

Bowl of Saki, July 2, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

<wisdom> from a spiritual friend and a great teacher inayat khan <blessings>

and what brings this peace? it is going within, focusing on the breath, dissolving these idea's of what who or why and opening ourselves up to the wonders of God, which surpass our limitations. Gods Love is so Great, no wonder we are constantly running back to him in our sincerer moments, which instills peace that raises the vibrations and shatters oppositions. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #194 on: Jul 27, 2018 03:37 pm »

todays message seems to touch on the name change here at the portal.  Cheesy

Belief and disbelief have divided mankind into so many sects, blinding its eyes to the vision of the oneness of all life.

Bowl of Saki, July 27, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

For the Sufi there exists no one in this world, neither heathen nor pagan, who is to be despised, for he believes in that God who is not the God of one chosen sect but the God of the whole world. He does not believe in a God of one nation, but in the God of all nations. To him God is in all different houses where people worship Him. Even if they stand in the street and pray it makes no difference to him. The holy place is wherever He is worshipped. The Sufi leaves sectarianism to the sects. He has respect for all; he is not prejudiced against any and he does not despise any; he feels sympathy for all.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_33.htm

The religion of the mystic is a steady progress towards unity. How does he make this progress? In two ways. In the first way, he sees himself in others, in the good, in the bad, in all; and thus, he expands the horizon of his vision. This study goes on throughout his lifetime; and as he progresses he comes closer to the oneness of all things. The other way of developing is to become conscious of one's own self in God and of God in one's self, which means deepening the consciousness of our innermost being. This process takes place in two directions: outwardly, by being one with all we see; and inwardly, by being in touch with that one Life which is everlasting, by dissolving into it and by being conscious of that one Spirit being THE existence, the only existence.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/X/X_1.htm

'There is One God, the Eternal, the Only Being; none exists save He.' The God of the Sufi is the God of every creed, and the God of all. Names make no difference to him. Allah, God, Gott, Dieu, Khuda, Brahma, or Bhagwan, all these names and more are the names of his God; and yet to him God is beyond the limitation of name. He sees his God in the sun, in the fire, in the idol which diverse sects worship; and he recognizes Him in all the forms of the universe, yet knowing Him to be beyond all form; God in all, and all in God, He being the Seen and the Unseen, the Only Being.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_I_1.htm

~~~ Belief and disbelief have divided mankind into so many sects, blinding its eyes to the vision of the oneness of all life.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: