Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21195 times)
Lucky Denver

« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2011 04:42 am »

Thank you my friend Smiley  Indeed, we hear it all the time, and yet the message can not be repeated or stressed enough about giving and selflessness.

One sentence that got me thinking in particular:

For the selfish one who enjoys himself and does not care for others, whether he enjoys things of the earth or things of heaven, his enjoyment is not complete.

The part that says "whether he enjoys things of earth or things of heaven" got me thinking of a selfishness that is sometimes overlooked.  We all have experienced or known someone who has experienced a selfish love of the things of the earth; some sort of material joy or worldly attachment.  But I have also seen such a thing as a "spiritual" selfishness: a love of things of heaven or spiritual nature, but only with concern for the development and spirituality of the self.  Indeed, there are those out there who look at ascension and higher consciousness as the goal, and yet they have no place or concern for others in those plans; they see their spiritual journey as only regarding themselves.  Indeed, enjoyment is not complete without sharing and care for others!
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2011 04:43 am by Lucky Denver » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2011 08:22 pm »

The ideal of God is a bridge connecting the limited life with the unlimited; whosoever travels over this bridge passes safely from the limited to the unlimited life.

Bowl of Saki, April 12, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

There is a side in man's being - call it spirit - which remains unsatisfied with all that one has attained in one's lifetime. The satisfaction of the spirit, which is the deepest being of man, lies only in the pursuit of the ideal. With all progress that humanity makes, idealism neglected will show at each step towards progress a great lack, and nothing can substitute that lack. If there is anything that fills the gap, if there is anything that makes a bridge between God and man, it is the ideal.

~~~ "The Message Papers, The Message", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

An ideal is something to hope for and to hold on to, and in the absence of an ideal hope has nothing to look forward to. It is the lack of idealism which accounts for the present degeneration of humanity in spite of all the progress it has made in other directions. There are many kinds of ideals: principles, virtues, objects of devotion; but the greatest and highest of all ideals is the God-ideal. And when this God-ideal upon which all other ideals are based is lost, then the very notion of ideal is ignored. Man needs many things in life, but his greatest need is an ideal.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/IX/IX_9.htm

If a man is standing on a staircase and remains on the first step, he may be a believer but he is not going up. Thus there are many believers who have a certain conception of God, but they are standing there without moving, while perhaps a person who has no conception of God at all may be moving. There are thousands of people who pronounce the name of God many times during the day, but who are perhaps most wretched. The reason is that they have not yet discovered the purpose of the God-ideal. It is not merely belief; belief is only the first step. God is the key to truth, God is the stepping-stone to self-realization, God is the bridge which unites the outer life with the inner life, bringing about perfection. It is by understanding this that the secret of the God-ideal is to be realized.

The God-ideal is so tremendous that men can never comprehend it fully, therefore the best method adopted by the wise is to allow every man to make his own God. In this way he forms whatever conception he is capable of forming. He makes Him King of the heavens and of the earth; he makes Him judge, greater than all judges; he makes Him Almighty, having all power; he makes Him the possessor of all grace and glory; he makes Him the beloved God, merciful and compassionate; he recognizes in Him providence, support, and protection; and in Him he recognizes all perfection. This ideal becomes a stepping-stone to the higher knowledge of God.

http://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php

Report Spam   Logged
Lucky Denver

« Reply #17 on: Apr 13, 2011 01:53 am »

My dear friend, thank you once again for posting these and keeping our Bowl of Saki full.  I always get excited when I see a new post here, as the messages are always riveting universal sentiments of truth and wisdom.

Particularly loved this quote today:

The God-ideal is so tremendous that men can never comprehend it fully, therefore the best method adopted by the wise is to allow every man to make his own God. In this way he forms whatever conception he is capable of forming.

I could not agree more and this is what I hope to be able to teach someone in my short time here.  People lose sight of the God-ideal because it is not their own.  They are content to blindly trust what someone ELSE says is at the top of those stairs, whether it is their friend, parent, rabbi, priest, guru, or whoever.. they are told to stay on the first step of that staircase and ponder about, read about, and "just have faith" about where it leads but they are never really told to GO there.  It is sadly all too common that people forget and actually forsake the individual relationship with God for chasing and following what someone else presents as the God-ideal.

Allah is not just around us but is a part of us, a part that is unique and individual and sacred to every one of us.  The only one on this Earth who can bring you to know that part is you, so never settle for taking someone's "word for it" because nobody has the understanding or the right to define your unique one-and-only relationship with Him.

Good day and sweetest blessings to all!!!!!

Love
Lucky
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2011 08:33 am »

It is the surface of the sea that makes waves and roaring breakers; the depth is silent.

Bowl of Saki, April 17, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

The bubbles are to be found on the surface of the sea. The depth of the sea is free from bubbles. The commotion is to be seen on the surface, the depth of the sea is still. The mind is the commotion of that something that is within us, that something which we call heart. The happiness, knowledge, pleasure and love that is stored in our innermost being is in our profound depth. Changing emotions and passions, dreams, ever-rising thoughts and imaginations, all belong to the surface, as the bubbles belong to the surface of the sea.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/II/II_41.htm

To attain peace, what one has to do is to seek that rhythm which is in the depth of our being. It is just like the sea: the surface of the sea is ever moving; the depth of the sea is still. And so it is with our life. If our life is thrown into the sea of activity, it is on the surface. We still live in the profound depths, in that peace. But the thing is to become conscious of that peace which can be found within ourselves. It is this which can bring us the answer to all our problems. If not, when we want to solve one problem, there is another difficult problem coming. There is no end to our problems. There is no end to the difficulties of the outer life. And if we get excited over them, we shall never be able to solve them. Some think, 'We might wait. Perhaps the conditions will become better. We shall see then what to do.' But when will the conditions become better? They will become still worse! Whether the conditions become better or worse, the first thing is to seek the kingdom of God within ourselves, in which there is our peace. As soon as we have found that, we have found our support, we have found our self. And in spite of all the activity and movement on the surface, we shall be able to keep that peace undisturbed if only we hold it fast by becoming conscious of it.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/I/I_IV_6.htm

Spiritual knowledge is nothing but this: that there is a constant longing in the heart of man to have something of its origin, to experience something of its original state, the state of peace and joy which has been disturbed, and yet is sought after throughout its whole life, and never can cease to be sought after until the real source has at length been realized. What was it in the wilderness that gave peace and joy? What was it that came to us in the forest, the solitude? In either case it was nothing else but the depth of our own life, which is silent like the depths of the great sea, so silent and still. It is the surface of the sea that makes waves and roaring breakers; the depth is silent. So the depth of our own being is silent also.

And this all-pervading, unbroken, inseparable, unlimited, ever-present, omnipotent silence unites with our silence like the meeting of flames. Something goes out from the depths of our being to receive something from there, which comes to meet us; our eyes cannot see and our ears cannot hear and our mind cannot perceive because it is beyond mind, thought, and comprehension. It is the meeting of the soul and the Spirit.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VII/VII_4.htm
http://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php?month=4&day=17
Report Spam   Logged
Lucky Denver

« Reply #19 on: Apr 17, 2011 10:25 am »

Eric my friend;

Thank you once again for sharing.  I LOVE these!

And may you all, my kindred spirits here, find the depths of the sea, the still of the mind, the peace in your heart.
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011 12:12 pm »

He who is looking for a reward is smaller than his reward; he who has renounced a thing has risen above it.

Bowl of Saki, May 15, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

When doing a kindness to others the first thing that must be considered is that it should be unselfish, and not for the sake of appreciation or a reward. He who does good and waits for a reward is a laborer of good; but he who does good and disregards it is the master of good.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_3.htm

Life consists of a continual struggle for gain, of whatever kind it may be. Gain seems to be the purpose of life... But by a still deeper insight into the subject one sees that every gain a person has in view limits him to a certain extent to that gain, directs his activities into a certain channel, and forms the line of his fate. At the same time it deprives him of a still greater or a better gain and of the freedom of activity which might perhaps accomplish something still better. It is for this reason that renunciation is practiced by the Sufis; for with every willing renunciation a person proceeds a step towards a higher goal. No renunciation is ever fruitless. The one who is looking for a gain is smaller than his gain; the one who has renounced a thing has risen above it.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/III/III_III_5.htm

Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011 03:12 am »

The perfect life is following one's own ideal, not in checking those of others; leave everyone to follow his own ideal.

Bowl of Saki, May 22, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Religion in the East is not made into a thing apart from one's life, as in the West where business, profession, and other things on the one side of life, and going to church one day in the week on the other side, together constitute religion, with a prayer before going to rest. But, strictly speaking, life is religion. When one has that ideal before one with whatever occupation one is concerned, business, industry, domestic life, or whatever it is, one carries it out, trying to be worthy of it, that is religion.

In the Hindu language, the same word, Dharma, means both duty and religion. Both are expressed by one word. 'This is your Dharma' means: 'This is your faith.' How beautiful the thought is! Whatever kind of duty it is, so long as you have an ideal before you and are performing that duty, you are walking in the path of religion.

We, with our narrowness of faith or belief, accuse others of belonging to another religion, another chapel or church. We say, 'This temple is better, that faith is better.' The whole world has kept on fighting and devastating itself just because it can not understand that each form of religion is peculiar to itself. Therefore, the ideal life is in following one's own ideal. It is not in checking other people's ideals. If a certain thing is one's ideal, that does not mean that another person will agree that it is best to offer prayers ten times a day. He may be doing better by following his religion in his shop than by going to a mosque and offering up a prayer twenty times a day. Perhaps somebody with that ideal cannot see that the other person's way is an ideal also. Leave everyone to follow his own ideal. ...

We see now that it is all a matter of his ideal whether a man differs from his neighbor, whether he is heavenly or earthly, as high as the Devas, the heavenly beings, or as low as the demons. His ideal makes him as high as the one, or as low as the demons. The greatness of man lies in the greatness of his ideal.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011 10:15 am »

It is a strange thing to me how our ideals seem to change in life. This a result of time and experience.

Jitendra
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011 07:44 pm »

it is natural

not strange
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011 06:20 am »

to me it is a natural occurrence

not strange

My little lotus blossom in the spring. There is nothing stranger than being me.
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest58
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011 06:22 am »

not strange

You can say that again!

Alfie
Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011 06:24 am »

not strange

My little lotus blossom in the spring. There is nothing stranger than being me. Even a quacking goose who misses my friend endless squirrel could tell you that.

You can say that again!

Alfie

O.K. I will then. There is nothing stranger than being him!

Laughing Goose
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011 06:34 am by Laughing Goose » Report Spam   Logged

'Awaken to the sound of Geese farting in the morning fog'....Loose Goose
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011 06:27 am »

not strange

You can say that again!

Alfie

Laughing Goose

Hey ya al' Did I hear an echo or was that squirrel matting down his fur?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011 06:29 am by Beatrice Landcaster » Report Spam   Logged
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011 06:35 am »

not strange

You can say that again!

Alfie

Laughing Goose

Hey ya al' Did I hear an echo or was that squirrel matting down his fur?

Even a quacking goose who misses my friend endless squirrel could tell you that.
Report Spam   Logged

'Awaken to the sound of Geese farting in the morning fog'....Loose Goose
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011 09:54 am »

Strangest thing happened on the way to the forum ....

I was enjoying a sip of saki, yeah the rice wine

spilt it all over, me and everything around me  Shocked

but all of a sudden, there was a moment of enlightenment !  Grin

and I felt surrounded by wisdom or was it words of Squisdom ?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: