Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21285 times)
guest88
« Reply #180 on: Jun 21, 2018 05:48 am »

Dear Jitendra,
I find that Amma and Inayat Khan indeed, Sufism are very similar. Both recognize that each soul has a unique path and what matters are the divine qualities- even in those who call themselves atheist. It's all for Love. The greatest message is to simply Love. True, our ego often conflicts with this awareness. Yet it is both Amma and Inayat Khan who teach- Faith & Awareness are the greatest tools to transcending duality, to being a great benefactor to society and to meeting face to face with our truest spiritual selves.

I would definitely call Amma a deva. I also think she is a true guru who has the ability to guide her disciples to enlightenment and she has given them the tool of the iam technique of meditation and many other helpful tecchniques to spiritualize consciousness and free us from delusion. Her unique path lies in the idea that no one has to change their religion to join her only practice their own religion. While Amma is widely regarded as one of India’s foremost spiritual leaders, Amma says that her religion is love. She has never asked anyone to change their religion but only to contemplate the essential principles of their own faith and to try to live accordingly.
Looking back, I think it is a trap to worry about what others think. The past is just that and as Amma herself says, we do not live in our storage. Draw from storage if we must but do not reside there. As Wahiduddin so graciously transmits, describe yourself as a Verb not a Noun. We are forever changing, striving towards perfection. And, as Murshid Inayat Khan elaborates in today's Saki-

Love lies in service; only that which is done not for fame or name, not for the appreciation or thanks of those for whom it is done, is love's service.

Bowl of Saki, June 20, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan

Love lies in service. Only that which is done, not for fame or name, nor for the appreciation or thanks of those for whom it is done, is love's service.

The lover shows kindness and beneficence to the beloved. He does whatever he can for the beloved in the way of help, service, sacrifice, kindness, or rescue, and hides it from the world and even from the beloved. If the beloved does anything for him he exaggerates it, idealizes it, makes it into a mountain from a molehill. He takes poison from the hands of the beloved as sugar, and love's pain in the wound of his heart is his only joy. By magnifying and idealizing whatever the beloved does for him and by diminishing and forgetting whatever he himself does for the beloved, he first develops his own gratitude, which creates all goodness in his life.

from  https://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_22.htm

The Sufi moral is this: Love another and do not depend upon his love; and: Do good to another and do not depend upon receiving good from him; serve another and do not look for service from him. All you do for another out of your love and kindness, you should think that you do, not to that person, but to God. And if the person returns love for love, goodness for goodness, service for service, so much the better. If he does not return it, then pity him for what he loses; for his gain is much less than his loss.

Do not look for thanks or appreciation for all the good you do to others, nor use it as a means to stimulate your vanity. Do all that you consider good for the sake of goodness, not even for a return of that from God.

~~~ "Sangatha I, Saluk", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

~~~ Love lies in service; only that which is done not for fame or name, not for the appreciation or thanks of those for whom it is done, is love's service.
And so it is, the very God we run towards Loves regardless of what mankind understands as good or bad- Loves despite ones transgressions and what others may deem annoyances or even dullness. And what truly blows my mind are how both Inayat Khan and Mata Amritanandamayi both seek God in the heart of man- the very essence of Sufi religion.

In this awareness, each moment is a true work of Wonder... We can shed our past...
And I am reminded still, to enjoy the moment and Flow~ That our time here is very short when compared to the Everlasting. Finding inner peace can really make this place Heaven on Earth...

Namaste Brother. _^_ ~~~~
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: