Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Bowl of Saki

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bowl of Saki  (Read 21359 times)
Lucky Denver

« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2011 01:53 am »

My dear friend, thank you once again for posting these and keeping our Bowl of Saki full.  I always get excited when I see a new post here, as the messages are always riveting universal sentiments of truth and wisdom.

Particularly loved this quote today:

The God-ideal is so tremendous that men can never comprehend it fully, therefore the best method adopted by the wise is to allow every man to make his own God. In this way he forms whatever conception he is capable of forming.

I could not agree more and this is what I hope to be able to teach someone in my short time here.  People lose sight of the God-ideal because it is not their own.  They are content to blindly trust what someone ELSE says is at the top of those stairs, whether it is their friend, parent, rabbi, priest, guru, or whoever.. they are told to stay on the first step of that staircase and ponder about, read about, and "just have faith" about where it leads but they are never really told to GO there.  It is sadly all too common that people forget and actually forsake the individual relationship with God for chasing and following what someone else presents as the God-ideal.

Allah is not just around us but is a part of us, a part that is unique and individual and sacred to every one of us.  The only one on this Earth who can bring you to know that part is you, so never settle for taking someone's "word for it" because nobody has the understanding or the right to define your unique one-and-only relationship with Him.

Good day and sweetest blessings to all!!!!!

Love
Lucky
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: