Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Being a friend

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Being a friend  (Read 851 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Oct 08, 2010 08:08 pm »

Nomaste

i would like to relay something that happened to me in regards to meat eating and the greatness of being a friend which Paramahansa Yogananda
exemplified:

Once i was going quite often to a service station in Long Beach. i had kind of strong view (to put it mildly) about not eating meat. My mother was coming out to visit me and i wanted to also convince her. i went to this service station and an elderly man came up to put some gasoline in the tank (In those days people did it for you) He saw that i had a picture on the gasoline tank of Paramahansa Yogananda. i was riding a motorcycle so he could see the picture clearly.
He explained "Oh that's yogaji. I said "Do you know him? He replied of course.
"We went to Mt. Washington and visited him." Are you a follower of his? He replied "Oh no  I  just was up there putting and organ in the place with a friend one week end. Somebody that we knew knew him and he invited us up the hill to put in a organ i replied.. Tell me about it. he said: " well you know they are all vegetarians up there and since my friend and I eat meat I asked my friend if we could go to the bottom of the hill and find a restaurant where there was meat. He replied "Yes" We did not know it but at that moment Yogaji (Paramahansa Yogananda) was standing right behind us. He said "Can I go too?" So he went to the restaraunt at the bottom of the hill with us.
I said: Really? did he eat with you? The old man replid "Yes" i said what did he eat. The old man said "Oh he had meat just like us." I said didn't you think that was a little hypocritical?  The old man replied quite emphatically "Oh no he was just like a little kid getting away from home"

Then as i rode away i started thinking...what was that all about? Suddenly like an epiphany i started laughing so hard tears came to my eyes. i thought to myself: Thank-You for the lesson Master i will leave my mother alone about this issue. Yet even then i thought how could that man not think the Master was hypocritical. Then I realized he was truly a man of no guile and the Guru was only trying to make him feel comfortable as a guest. Another lesson for this one. The Master was so many steps ahead of me that i had to back up in awe.  :bow:

In another story about a Master in the SRF lessons: He would eat meat on some occasions with his disciples when they were invited to places where meat was served
(Most likely as a courtesy there  weren't many vegetarians back then). He asked the devotees not to eat meat. One of the devotees thought to himself this guy is a poor example. He picked up on the devotees thoughts. At that moment there were some nails lying near the Master. He picked them up and swallowed them and said "When you can do that it will make no difference what you eat either."     God Christ Gurus
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2010 08:23 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
prabhatsinha

« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2010 08:32 pm »

Thanks steve for the wonderful story
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2010 02:39 pm »

Thanks steve for the wonderful story

yes...thank u steve for sharing with us

(((Hugs)))<3<3<3
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am »

It's a wonderful story indeed- thanks for sharing. I haven't walked in these parts for some time, due to some fairly intense questioning which I've been undertaking. I hope to be able to return soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2010 10:13 am »

Hello Live to Learn,

Nice to see you back here and posting !  Smiley

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
Don Diego

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2010 07:50 am »

Hello Live to Learn,

Nice to see you back here and posting !  Smiley

Into Blue

amore a prima vista

Don Diego
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2010 10:51 am »

Perhaps, Don Diegoji.

How are you, friend?

L T L
Report Spam   Logged
Don Diego

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2010 08:57 am »

Perhaps, Don Diegoji.

How are you, friend?

L T L

Muy bien y tu? Espero que estás bien también Live to Learnaji.
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2010 10:55 pm »

Estoy muy bien, gracias. Hoy, he tenido una conversación muy interesante con un amigo en México.
Report Spam   Logged
Don Diego

« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2010 08:23 pm »

Estoy muy bien, gracias. Hoy, he tenido una conversación muy interesante con un amigo en México.

Es la forma en como aprendes el espanol?

Don Diegoji   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2010 09:39 am »

Lo estudio en la escuela,pero me gusta practicar un poquito con Francisco. Era un amigo de mi querida amiga en Argentina durante mucho tiempo (before I knew her) Ahora, Francisco me ha dado una oportunidad muy emocionante.

He escrito unas canciones para Chris, y va a poner una en su programa de radio en enero.

Hablamos luego,

L T L

Report Spam   Logged
Don Diego

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2010 06:37 am »

Lo estudio en la escuela,pero me gusta practicar un poquito con Francisco. Era un amigo de mi querida amiga en Argentina durante mucho tiempo (before I knew her) Ahora, Francisco me ha dado una oportunidad muy emocionante.

He escrito unas canciones para Chris, y va a poner una en su programa de radio en enero.

Hablamos luego,

L T L

Estoy mull felis por ti
Espero que legalices tu cancion
Parese que Chris te esta ayudando en todo
Espero escuchar tu musica

y que dios te vendiga

Don Diego
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2010 08:22 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2010 12:10 pm »

Gracias, Don Diegoji.

Vas a oírla, por supuesto.

Sé que Chris está mi guía del Cielo.

Dios te bendiga, también.

L T L
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2010 05:50 pm »

hi Live to Learn & Don Diego !  Smiley

Good thing you speak Spanish, Live to Learn, otherwise Don Diego would be needing a translator, as it is I need a translator, lol !  Cheesy

Just kidding, nice that you two can communicate !

Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2010 07:42 pm »

Hey, Into Blue.

I wasn't going to go public with this until December time, but I've received an opportunity to appear on Mexican radio, courtesy of a friend of Chris'. He's a radio producer, and his show celebrates 25 years on the air there in January, he intends to dedicate the show to Chris, and I've recently written a new song about her, which he intends to play.

It's a wonderful opportunity for closure.

Blessings,

L T L
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: