Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

late night reflections

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: late night reflections  (Read 791 times)
guest88
« on: Oct 28, 2010 11:32 pm »

hey guys  Smiley
wanted to share
i was writing to myself but still used words like we... i can't really think of a better way of phrasing it other than sharing the original. i'm a little shy but am trying in sincerity to share this and receive insight
i worked at a daycare age group ranges from 7-10

they all had something weird and awesome about them that made them who they are but at the same time they all shared an inner knowing of something unspoken and everlasting that kept them together. feels like as i grow i become more internal and observational. still sharing a personal bond but also feeling separate from others. its like awareness of self brought the kids we were to who we are now. it feels like, because of this, others see themselves as different and sometimes have a hard time dealing with anothers personality. sometimes unsettled differences lead to defensive over opinionation and make it hard to really share a light-hearted bond with another. sometimes the idea of who we think we are and who we think others are get in the way of sharing peace in friendship. peace and comfort in experiencing our uniqueness and peace and comfort in knowing we share the gift of eternal discovery with everyone else. its harder to love another the way i would have as a child. maybe it's because discovering is meant to be trying but even than, i don't want to harbor negative thoughts towards another. we should remember the equality children share that keep them together.

so... i don't like experiencing negative thoughts to another if they're just being who they are
aside from retaining awareness in our equality is there anything else you do to help slip yourself in higher vibrations?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2010 11:59 pm »

i continue to live in your reflections and in your vibration. Is it not possible that at times we go outwardly? Though we know that we have habits we still indulge in them to some degree. In a sense is this not better than repression? We continue to seek the highest in ourselves and others yet we are not ashamed to admit that we still express at a lower level and our trying to observe and acknowledge our weaknesses. We see the problems that exist and we seek solutions but also recognize that we cannot always ignore the physical realm and its seeming limitations. In the process i feel that it is important to recognize that any ill feelings we have towards others we ourselves have attracted. Sometimes it is harder to deal with the feelings we have towards ourselves when this occurs.

Steve
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2010 12:05 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2010 02:02 am »

thank you namaste2all and steve i am going to have to read this again and try to fully absorb what you're sending

your right, 'to observe and aknowledge' today i see that i create my suffering to challenge an ideal and am humbled by god

god is the true teacher and yet god is so many things. i wish to embrace the perspective, i am a pupil of this earth and its conscious experience.

Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2010 05:19 pm »

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all else shall be added."    

^^^^^    i love that <3<3<3

i continue to live in your reflections and in your vibration. Is it not possible that at times we go outwardly? Though we know that we have habits we still indulge in them to some degree. In a sense is this not better than repression? We continue to seek the highest in ourselves and others yet we are not ashamed to admit that we still express at a lower level and our trying to observe and acknowledge our weaknesses. We see the problems that exist and we seek solutions but also recognize that we cannot always ignore the physical realm and its seeming limitations. In the process i feel that it is important to recognize that any ill feelings we have towards others we ourselves have attracted. Sometimes it is harder to deal with the feelings we have towards ourselves when this occurs.
Steve 

w0_0w  steve.....that's deeeeep !    Smiley     <3<3<3
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2010 05:23 pm by blue nova » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2011 09:35 pm »

hello
thank you namaste2all and steve. coming back to this thread has given me much to think about.
i'm a little confused though with something else, this may be the appropriate place to post.

it's something i've been thinking on for a while and yet can't completely articulate when it seems the answer is so obvious.
lately i've been wanting to understand what it means to detach from these human dramas. in the end of your post namaste you say to remove the seed of desire but i struggle here...

i struggle with self identity versus learning to let go of self
having identity and accepting none ?
survival makes me think we're a part of this world and yet there are teachings that ask to let everything go all the way down to the idea of who you are. and yet sometimes it is that idea which helps you grow or feel happy/fulfilled. it's a struggle because well... is passion a desire ? and can that desire be a calling from the infinite beloved, beckoning you to play yet again with nature ? being involved with the world around you- and yet being asked not to attach ?
self love versus selfless love- i can't see clearly  Embarrassed

todays message from the bowl of saki seems to relate
anything you wish to say or elaborate on is greatly appreciated
thank you

To become cold from the coldness of the world is weakness, to become broken by the hardness of the world is feebleness, but to live in the world and yet to keep above it is like walking on the water.

Bowl of Saki, September 15, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

... There are two essential duties for the man of wisdom and love; that is to keep the love in our nature ever increasing and expanding, and to strengthen the will so that the heart may not be easily broken. Balance is ideal in life; one must be fine and yet strong, one must be loving and yet powerful.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIII/XIII_14.htm
The spiritual path is easiest if there is not something pulling one from behind; and that force is the life in the world, one's friends, surroundings, acquaintances, and one's foes. Remain, therefore, in the world as a traveler making a station on his way. Do all the good you can to serve and succor humanity, but escape attachment. By this in no way will you prove to be loveless. On the contrary, it is attachment which divides love, and love raised above attachment is like a rain from above nourishing all the plants upon the earth.

~~~ "Sangita I, Nasihat", by Hazrat Inayat Khan (unpublished)

There is only one thing that helps us to rise above conditions, and that is a change of outlook on life. This change is made practicable by a change of attitude. .. For a Sufi, therefore, not only patience to bear all things is necessary, but to see all things from a certain point of view that can relieve him for that moment from difficulty and pain. Very often it is one's outlook which changes a person's whole life. It can turn hell into heaven, it can turn sorrow into joy. When a person looks from a certain point of view, every little pin-prick feels like the point of a sword piercing his heart. If he looks at the same thing from a different point of view, the heart becomes sting-proof. Nothing can touch it. All things which are sent forth at that person as bullets drop down without every having touched him.

What is the meaning of walking upon the water? Life is symbolized as water. There is one person who drowns in the water, there is another who swims in the water, but there is still another who walks upon it. The one who is so sensitive that, after one little pin prick he is unhappy throughout the day and night is the man of the first category. The one who takes and gives back and makes a game of life is the swimmer. He does not mind if he receives one knock, for he derives satisfaction from being able to give two knocks in return. But the one whom nothing can touch is in the world and yet is above the world. He is the one who walks upon the water; life is under his feet, both its joy an its sorrow.

Verily, independence and indifference are the two wings which enable the soul to fly.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIII/VIII_2_10.htm

http://wahiduddin.net/saki/saki_date.php

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2011 08:43 pm »

hello
thank you namaste2all and steve. coming back to this thread has given me much to think about.
i'm a little confused though with something else, this may be the appropriate place to post.

it's something i've been thinking on for a while and yet can't completely articulate when it seems the answer is so obvious.
lately i've been wanting to understand what it means to detach from these human dramas. in the end of your post namaste you say to remove the seed of desire but i struggle here...

i struggle with self identity versus learning to let go of self
having identity and accepting none ?
survival makes me think we're a part of this world and yet there are teachings that ask to let everything go all the way down to the idea of who you are. and yet sometimes it is that idea which helps you grow or feel happy/fulfilled. it's a struggle because well... is passion a desire ? and can that desire be a calling from the infinite beloved, beckoning you to play yet again with nature ? being involved with the world around you- and yet being asked not to attach ?
self love versus selfless love- i can't see clearly  Embarrassed

todays message from the bowl of saki seems to relate
anything you wish to say or elaborate on is greatly appreciated
thank you

First of all to think we/i have the all the answers is rather a stretch of imagination. i think it is important to realize that we are learning and evolving together here and do not assume a role of mentor or guru. It is for us to find our own path and guru. Having said this i think that we are trying to let go of self and in the process we are gaining an identity that was given to us by a higher force then the little egos we identify with. When we find the path that the universe has provided for us we become identified with a higher force that governs our choices in life.

We all struggle with our desires and having physical bodies is proof (for the most part) that we are still a bundle of desire that is struggling with misplaced identity. We are here for the learning and we are learning through our experiences, what is real and what is just our own desire nature that we are identifying with. In the process of detaching ourselves from this human drama we still must keep and observance of compassion and the love that is often sleeping in the unfolding creation that we are witnessing. We may have a passion for something without having desire for it. Yet most of us are identified with our passions so they become desires. Hope this helps are on going revelation of understanding which we are developing together dear friend.
Identifying a challenge is part of it's solution. Otherwise we live as sleepers in the dreamland of oblivion.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011 04:45 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
yoshi

« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2011 02:08 pm »

balance......balance......balance.......is the key  Wink

if we eat too much....body becomes overweight or off balance.

if we drink too much alcohol....we become alcoholics or off balance.

if we have too much sex....we become sex-a-holics or off balance.

etc....

participating in those things listed above....are fine....just don't become off balance !!   Smiley

do not become addicted to them or over-fixated....keep detatched from them...do not let them rule u...instead, u rule them !

original meaning of sin....UNBALANCED.....anything that leads us away from god ( leads our focus away from god). if we keep balanced...then god is possible/obtainable all the time.   

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2011 04:56 pm »

Thank you for your input Yoshi. Like usual it bears the stamp of your unique individuality and your home spun philosophy on life.  Grin i think you are right though; without balance we only teeter tooter between dual approaches to life's challenges.

Eric mentioned this: "i struggle with self identity versus learning to let go of self
having identity and accepting none ? survival makes me think we're a part of this world and yet there are teachings that ask to let everything go all the way down to the idea of who you are. and yet sometimes it is that idea which helps you grow or feel happy/fulfilled."

It is interesting to me that in the higher golden age of satya yuga most of the inhabitants of the earth know the divine plan and live their lives in accordance to it. Their sense of fulfillment comes from a higher purpose. In this sense are identities are connected to a larger whole or identity. We are one with the creators purpose and his goals become ours. Our consciousness expands beyond the temporary role we play in these forms in which we now reside. Perhaps this is more of a outlook suggested to us by higher beings of consciousness who have graduated from the emotional and physical realms in which most of us reside where we temporarily find our identities; our happiness and fulfillment. What makes a child fulfilled does not often give satisfaction and happiness to an adult who has grown tired with childish things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Corinthians 1:13

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011 03:35 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2011 08:53 pm »

guess i was just confused between living a life of non attachment versus living and learning in a world that ask of your involvement. but maybe my original outlook was misconstrued as non attachment does not mean non existent. so maybe when we're being asked to shed the illusory knowledge of self it is the ego we are deconstructing and not personality ?¿idk? ¿though... in the process of letting go, one thing remains- an idea. ...and im not sure if that's a good thing...     eh.... well, thank you ! have a great day ! jitendra and yoshi ! <8}
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Sep 18, 2011 03:48 pm »

guess i was just confused between living a life of non attachment versus living and learning in a world that ask of your involvement. but maybe my original outlook was misconstrued as non attachment does not mean non existent. so maybe when we're being asked to shed the illusory knowledge of self it is the ego we are deconstructing and not personality ?¿idk? ¿though... in the process of letting go, one thing remains- an idea. ...and im not sure if that's a good thing...     eh.... well, thank you ! have a great day ! jitendra and yoshi ! <8}

Hi littlerain recently i read this. i thought it might interest you since you often provide us with quotes from the sikhs. It also provides us with a good description of ego so we can get an on understanding of this subject:

Mantra for Ego: Aakhan Jor (The 33rd Pauri of Japji)

The ego is a slippery creature.  It is usually easy to spot out in the open in others, but hides under the shade of the Twisted Logic Tree in the forest of our own minds.  Some egos are loud and arrogant, drunk with their own beauty, while others sneak and scurry in the darkness, ashamed to show their own light.

They ride of the coattails of self-esteem and can, when you least suspect it, jump out in a costume designed to fool you into thinking they are their own healthy cousin...self-respect.  They also, however, and this is sometimes even more tricky, can ride on the boat of despair and water-log your ship into a feeling of hopelessness.

Ego is basically that which feels separation from the whole.  It is a consciousness of self rather than Self. They do have a plus side (for everything in the universe has balance), in that they allow you to experience your life as an individual and have a sense of separate identity.  However, they never evolved a sense of moderation, and for the vast majority of us, can build momentum and become steam locomotives of self-aggrandizement or deprecation.

Luckily, there is a mantra that is the ego's kryptonite.  The 33rd Pauri of Japji, written by Guru Nanak, the first Guru of the Sikhs and an enlightened master, is a poem of total surrender to the Greater Consciousness and is a mantra for ego.  The last line, "Nanak utam neech na ko-i" refers to the concept that all creation is equal in the eyes of God.  A small field mouse is beloved.  A great king is beloved, too.  It is a mantra of a level playing field, and reminds the subconscious that any power we have is an extension of the power of the Divine.  We are not the source of the flame, but we are all candles.

This pauri, or stanza, of Japji is said to remove negativity, smooth the ruffled feathers of your ego, prevent harm to another by your hand, and bring you into a greater sense of your own divinity.

You repeat this mantra 11 times for effect, and I often find myself singing it as a bedtime lullaby for my ego.  "Go take a nap," I tell it, while I find something better to do with my energy than follow its wild goose chases.

Try it.  Sing it soothingly to yourself.  It is like taking a shower in light.  Not that my light is any better than your light, nor your light any better than mine.  Both glimmering. Both shining. "Nanak utam neech na ko-i." 

Ramdesh Kaur is the Director of Marketing & Public Relations for Spirit Voyage. You can see more of her articles online at:  www.spiritvoyage.com/blog.
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011 03:54 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2011 02:00 am »

Report Spam   Logged
yoshi

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2011 05:57 pm »

remove the identity of body from your consciousness we are souls .  we are souls housed in a shell , temporarily, while in pursuit of Happiness while here on this physical plane.

soul is housed in shell....it gets attached to it,,,it starts to believe that it is a hard body ,,,,it has forgotten that it is soul.  it becomes attached to the physical surroundings of the body.... material objects.

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2011 04:43 am »

We go to the theater to watch a live performance of a play.   We are drawn so into the excellent stage props, music, lights, and actors that we become emmersed in the experience.  We are euphoric near the end and find ourselves with others in a standing ovation.  We leave, and may find a sense of seperation.

We have a couple of options.

1).  Go to see the play again.   Maybe see it over and over until it closes.  Maybe travel to see it as much as possible.

2).  Decide to replay the drama in our mind.

This scenario is to illustrate the External Objects of Sense (scenario #1), versus shifting to the Internal Objects of Sense (scenario #2).

In #1 we are dependant upon the ephemeral transitory formations (material realm) to fulfill our desire.  When we are centered here our desires will increase double-fold.   Whereas if we are able to center upon #2 and internalize, we may find all our yearnings fulfilled.  (i.e. - in #2, we may replay, change the story line, at will, anytime, anyplace.)

NOTES:
We do not negate the External Objects of Sense, but the key is to avoid knoting upon the External, and flowing moreso from the center of the Internal Objects of Sense.    It is also not to enter a vacuum, rather to enter a realm of more pliable substance, that enlivens the garment vehicle.

We are not saying that the "Mind" is the truer substance than the "Play"...  the Play and Mind are simply the parable.   Internal Objects of Sense do not equal Mind.
Focus conemplation upon External versus Internal Objects of Sense. 
&&&&&&&&

SatChitAnanda (ExistenceConsciousnessBliss)

i am riding with you. Just wonder though; some of us already get too hung up in the mind and the internal monologue that goes on there. A soliloquy can get a person trapped in his/her own world without making contact with others. What's your take on this?

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2011 04:49 am by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2011 05:33 pm »

We go to the theater to watch a live performance of a play.   We are drawn so into the excellent stage props, music, lights, and actors that we become emmersed in the experience.  We are euphoric near the end and find ourselves with others in a standing ovation.  We leave, and may find a sense of seperation.

We have a couple of options.

1).  Go to see the play again.   Maybe see it over and over until it closes.  Maybe travel to see it as much as possible.

2).  Decide to replay the drama in our mind.

This scenario is to illustrate the External Objects of Sense (scenario #1), versus shifting to the Internal Objects of Sense (scenario #2).

In #1 we are dependant upon the ephemeral transitory formations (material realm) to fulfill our desire.  When we are centered here our desires will increase double-fold.   Whereas if we are able to center upon #2 and internalize, we may find all our yearnings fulfilled.  (i.e. - in #2, we may replay, change the story line, at will, anytime, anyplace.)

NOTES:
We do not negate the External Objects of Sense, but the key is to avoid knoting upon the External, and flowing moreso from the center of the Internal Objects of Sense.    It is also not to enter a vacuum, rather to enter a realm of more pliable substance, that enlivens the garment vehicle.

We are not saying that the "Mind" is the truer substance than the "Play"...  the Play and Mind are simply the parable.   Internal Objects of Sense do not equal Mind.
Focus conemplation upon External versus Internal Objects of Sense. 
&&&&&&&&

SatChitAnanda (ExistenceConsciousnessBliss)

i am riding with you. Just wonder though; some of us already get too hung up in the mind and the internal monologue that goes on there. A soliloquy can get a person trapped in his/her own world without making contact with others. What's your take on this?

Jitendra

The internal objects of sense can be a subjugation of life's lessons and experiences into a world of mental conjugations. i suppose for some of us the mental constructs we create become a trap in themselves. To deny the rationalizations we create is also a pitfall on the spiritual path.

Jitendra

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2011 05:42 pm by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: