Spiritual Portal
Oct 19, 2018 01:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Daze of Heaven on Soundcloud

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Guru, Shaktipat, Sat Guru, Avatar, Guru shishya tradition...

Recent Items

Views: 8
Comments (0)
By: Nökken

Views: 6
Comments (1)

Views: 17
Comments (2)

Views: 17
Comments (2)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Guru, Shaktipat, Sat Guru, Avatar, Guru shishya tradition...  (Read 945 times)
namaste2All
Administrator

Light reflects from many facets of diamond

« on: May 17, 2009 05:31 pm »

I'm considering, reflecting, praying, working towards realization of "stuff" along these lines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaktipat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satguru

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru-shishya_tradition
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 10:05 pm by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged
Lady Urania

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009 03:19 am »

Namaste, do you have a guru to initiate shaktipat?
Report Spam   Logged
namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009 06:14 am »

Currently, absorbing Yoganandaji's Gita -- Chapter IV : Verse 34 + ("The All-Sanctifying Wisdom, Imparted by a True Guru).

(Apologies, un-prepared in this unfolding of moment to share written fellowship regarding "personal" shaktipat... although, yes, perceptive, this is a kernal / core of realization / quest / moment that is flowing)....

Blessings...

AUM Peace AMEN
God Christ Gurus
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 02:15 pm by namaste » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009 09:30 pm »

Thanks Namaste2All seems these days your mind is absorbed in the guru/disciple relationship, which no doubt is the precursor to the initiation you seek.
i particularly found the discription of the Guru shishaya tradition fascinating. As an artist one wonders about the gifts and inner knowledge that comes apart from human teachers and seems to come from something higher. All the techniques in the world can not impart the spark of inspiration. We can study and improve our skills. Perhaps we should think of the guru being involved in this as well as in the creative process.

Steve Hydonus

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2010 11:26 am by namaste2All » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stevehydonus
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s
Joy
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009 02:38 am »

Namaste,
Have you listened to the audio casete by Bro. Anandamoy called "The Importance of a True Guru, A talk on the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda". 

Steve,
I think that God/the Guru is involved in the creative process...that God/the Guru want us to create and use the gifts that we have been given. 

Joy
Report Spam   Logged
namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009 02:30 am »

Thanks, Joy   Have to see if that is one of the 20 yr old cassettes...  Of interest, a talk by Brother Bhumananda (Fall 2008 SRF Mag) "Spiritual Victory through Attunement with the Guru" was just this morning playing on ipod (first time)... hmmmnnn... good moment...  

So I will type... in fellowship... in love... blessings to ALL.... (bow to god in each -- All in many)... AUM Peace AMEN   God Christ Gurus...

all moments blending in sorts... you know how we see / hear of during the moment of death that all of life events flash and appear?   Well, interesting that seems during these transformational evolution vortex that may reveal upon our life thread journey -- many things converging, yet not clashing, nearly pushing limits ("pushing the envelope" in test pilot phrase) -- but yet an energetic balance -- ?   Well, seems this "moments replay" flow happens not so condensed (as this death thing), yet even spread over days, weeks, maybe month or few... cycles of this occurring, linking, connecting the dots...  showing meaning... grandness in flows...  and moments flowing into unbreakable chain of moments -- indivisible -- Four Ideas breaking down...  glimmers...  (although also seems I'm a little ignorant man, yet needing humbling, yet sooo ignorant... yet so unable...  but I'll always strive... so I pray...)

so seems clearing remnants of mind stuff (after 20 years in kinda buddha walk (Siddartha by Hermann Hesse))... strive, strive, strive... (disciple) effort, (guru) blessing, (god) grace -- unfolding moment of SAT GURU & Kriya always has / will be, yet to simply still, calm, raise vibration, tune consciousness...   And blessings, a couple of Kriyabans are kindred spirits for over 20 years... and of course Mother Center ( the hive full of honey! )...

So (in Kala / Time) 20 years ago sensed to ensure Shaktipat / Kriya not Ego decision, but Soul to surrender... back then could not completely comprehend / realize these words typed...   Br Dharmananda spoke few words, as I considered path (renunciant or what)... and when I reflect, it was not just what ears heard, something else was communicated (and consider how we hear Yukteswar speak of visiting Lahiri and similar communion)...  it was not really totally within the grasp of the "then" state of consciousness -- yet it certainly occurred (that communion of sorts)... so seems to this humble devotee (of our infinite beloved)...  

So, the point of departure of faith nearly 20+ years ago... it's essence, the core of it >>> dear one, do not simply let Ego shift / transfer to an organization / personality / teaching...  not to be anxious to reach the distant shore of shaktipat -- not to over romantacize -- (and another journey thread within that communion also -->>>) Do not be as the (fake) sanyasi saying to all, "I renounced wealth", when reality he was lazy, and never acquired, and took easiest path -- the energy of the striving step is significant -- the opportunity to resolve, to strive beyond and within -- remove desire and attachment -- this may then occur)...   so, what occurred?  Well, this occurred... strode off comfort of that shore (Kala -- 20+ years ago) and into that void... forcing the needed journey thread of striving strides...  for beloved Yoganandaji said (paraphrased)... "forget me if you will, but do not forget God, take God with you always".    This gave comfort, courage to stride into void...  and while in the "void" to reaching the shore of Shaktipat...  yet, bubbling up often was Yoganandaji... and those lessons and techniques...  so subtle they walked with, that in the recent unfolding of moment it becomes more apparent how even the simplest action / striving can mean sooooo much...

See, consider... it would have been easy to simply move fast (Kala 20 yrs ago)... yet all things have place, moment unfolding, grand pattern...  by grace "yearning" remained... transmuted, transformed, receeded, flowed back thru the years...  evolving... taking form in many / all days, things, events somehow...  then these last steps of the void...  well, then simply now, humbly to remain within unbroken moment... strive to remain / regain that center... and soon it will simply be... Shaktipat / Kriya...   (or not... must not let it be about timeline, or the object, or the destination, must work to simply let it be... let it happen)...  such an ignorant man...  good thing there is blesssings and grace ! 

Blessing upon ALL, may Sradha (heart's natural love) express within us ALL...
AUM Peace AMEN  
God Christ Gurus
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 02:16 pm by namaste » Report Spam   Logged
Joy
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009 07:44 pm »

Hi Namaste,

Thanks for sharing.  Yes, I agree, everyone has their own special unfolding on the spiritual path (whatever path one chooses and there are many). God chooses our Guru to show us the way home to Him.  Bro. Bhumananda's talk on "Spiritual Victory through Attunement with the Guru" is wonderful!  lots of fun, funny, and very devotional.  I understand from Steve that you might be going to Convocation.  If so, maybe we could meet as I am attending. I really enjoy Convocation.  It is a majical place/time.

Joy
Report Spam   Logged
namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009 02:40 pm »

Of course, realization is the goal...  yet, here is a sample of what has been drifting across from the internet and my mind...  Recent intellectual stuff...  (humble apologies)...

http://www.kriyajoga.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=29
Swami Atmananda Paramahansa -- before initiated as Sannyasa, Doctor of Medicine, specialization in Neurology -- the lineage shows all the SRF guru line plus 2 other from Yukteswar line ( Swami Satyananda Giri, & Swami Narayan Giri )  Other saintly influences: dvaita Guru Totapuri, Swami Sivananda Saraswati, Raman Maharshi.  As "public" info, some interesting stuff... 
(UPDATE:  I've discovered his line is from Satyananda thru Hariharananda (spelling)... and that he is now on his own as teacher... much may be found about this line)

Sarvakarmani manasa Samnyasyaste sukham vashi
Navadvare pure dehi naiva kurvan no karayan.

The embodied (Soul) who has controlled his nature having renounced all actions by the mind dwells at ease in the City of Nine Gates, neither working nor causing work to be done.
- Bhagvad Gita 5: 13

So when I get back home, I'll have to see Yoganandaji's commentary on Gita 5:13

Links of interest...
Another discussion group...
http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/f16/some-light-on-kriya-yoga-2209.html

Considering guru, sat guru...  the personal relationship between disciple and these "dispellers of darkness".  And then "initiation".    Also, considering that strides to attract divine friends may also include the company of various Saint, Sages (as SRF prayer evokes), and fellow devotees.   

I personally consider the SRF line of gurus perfect, loving, Masters (over their self/Self) and Living Masters (able without gross physical form to touch me)... and SRF as a "hive full of honey"...  yet, I also believe other lines from Lahiri are grand... each with a nuance of purpose... perhaps for different temperaments and/or geographies... 

the variance of the Kriya techniques among the different branches of Lahiri, seems almost to be nearly superficial emphasis...  as even without Kriya, yet with Srhadda (heart's natural love)... deepest yearning for god, devotion... is part of dynamo beyond, and nearly greater than techniques in some ways...   

I believe the challenge is to be (paraphrase Yukteswar quoted by Satyananda), " even in the ashes (of ignorance) one may find a diamond" yet remain "firmly seated / centered in one's own sadhanna"...  there may be a definite danger to become side-tracked, or such...  this meandering / searching is unique in this time... not yet taken a higher initiation, yet traveled closer to the moment...

Consider that each of SRF gurus (Larihi, Yukteswar, Yogananda)... each even in the obvious stage of great percolating consciousness from youth -- each had "transformational" moment with a Sat Guru...   and Yogananda -- took Kriya from his father (one of the traditional initiations)... and then sought many saints -- considering to gain the divine friends, and touch, and some even if they were Sat Guru...  and yet before and after meeting Yukteswar being granted states of superconscioiuness (even if lesser samadhi) than what Yukteswar conveyed...   the point is there may be many gurus (beloved friends dispelling darkness), yet only one Sat Guru -- and how is this in the context of a single life / eternity...

Interesting statements "SUPPORTING" Yoganandaji... this Swami tells it very blatantly that he views Yoganandaji as a great Master, and for those attacking to "shut up"... not sure what's up with all the other messages he has, but thought interesting...  He also talks about his personal experience with Anandamoya Ma -- his perception she is a great Avatar... hands passed thru her feet (made of light)... she was known not to cast a shadow at times...   (and I've heard of a story of how one of SRF monks discussing this concept about Yoganandaji)...   anyways.  here is the link...

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 02:25 pm by namaste » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009 06:53 pm »

Dear one it was with inspiration that i watched your video on Anadamoyama. i wonder when the narator has released this and if he had the priveledge of also being in the divine presence of beloved Amma (this century) who has the capacity to open this little devotees heart (my own) for a time. Such ecstacy. i pray that divine mother bless you also.

i think that we also have to think of the impact of the statement that Paramahansa Yogananda made: 'From Sri Yukteswar I learned that Babaji has choosen me to bring to the western world the technique of Kriya Yoga.'

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 08:40 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus https://myspace.com/stevehydonus/music/songs<br />http://stevehydonus.googlepages.com/  (Personal website)<br />email:ombabaji@hotmail.com (For CD\'s
namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009 03:01 am »

Thanks Steve...  That is exactly what I've been mulling over... soooo good to hear that echoed by you...

Thanks Steve... 
i think that we also have to think of the impact of the statement that Paramahansa Yogananda made: 'From Sri Yukteswar I learned that Babaji has choosen me to bring to the western world the technique of Kriya Yoga.'
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 02:24 pm by namaste » Report Spam   Logged
namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2009 01:52 pm »

Hi Namaste,

Thanks for sharing.  Yes, I agree, everyone has their own special unfolding on the spiritual path (whatever path one chooses and there are many). God chooses our Guru to show us the way home to Him.  Bro. Bhumananda's talk on "Spiritual Victory through Attunement with the Guru" is wonderful!  lots of fun, funny, and very devotional. 
Joy

Joy, thanks so much... the tape came at the right time...   I knew all I wrote looked like noise as I wrote, and would look even more so with due reflection and expanding consciousness / growth / realizations...   seems much of the full circle and beyond has been traveled... every unfolding of moment many threads are shown in tapestry...   

I now reflect back and see that as I stepped "away" from SRF in some terms 20 years ago, it was actually that the deepest Soul Searching had lead to fulfillment of yearning (as I was led to SAT GURU)...

Yet next steps would be "free will" to Realize SAT GURU... (not just mentally/intellectually cognize, but to Realize SAT GURU)... to permit law of "free will" to fully surrender and follow... *** but WHAT SAT GURU was / is -- that was yet lacking for 20 years+, and that was the Soul Searching that played over and over thru hours, days, and nights, and years... and sometimes, Karma was the teacher... pushing me back towards God, Christ, (SAT) Guru.       Seems heart needed to heal over prior mis-guided affiliations -- and ego crushed ! For balance to evolve, lessons to occur, opportunities to renounce not always by shunning, but thru non-attachment and thru balance within inner and outter (detachment, calmly active, actively calm)...;;;;     
 To grow to comprehend, and realize safety, that surrender was to none higher than to God THRU Guru's love within/without/ALL...   Guru as loving, best divine friend to introduce disciple, only as a merged one may perform...    *** And so, upon reflection, once Yoganandaji and SRF found, there's been little or no real yearning for any other teacher / teachings over these 20 years (even considering this last little bit where a final clearing test was offerered and needed to occur)... more so, only to realize how it wove within the tapestry...

For seems, always Yoganandaji was held nearby (or remained humbly, lovingly, just out of limited sight) as a dear one.   And seems, the yearning remained right there with God... and percolated over years WITH God, Christ, Guru...  even in many moment when ego / maya shouted it was ruler ! 

So this moment, surrender to Guru, follow Guru without question...   Yoganandaji said that upon shedding his mortal physical shell, the SRF lessons/ SRF teachings would be the guru... so if SRF lesson says morning EE, HS, Aum... and other... then I simply do that... somedays may be dry, some many graces, but simply follow (with love of God, Christ, Gurus)...   and beauty is it is BALANCE in inner and outter that Guru teaches... 

and I sense as seasons of earth shift out of summer (or fewer or more moons pass), then Yoganandaji will call within my heart that this little one is accepted and ready for that next step (formal SRF pledge and SRF Kriyas).  And if the world crashes in around me, or mortal frame is shed,... even without that step yet taken, I will not rush out of fear energy... I will die with God, Christ Gurus always nearby...

Blah, blah, blah... but thought out of respect for those who've listened to this noise, I should share at this point of the journey...  making, making, one day made...

Blessings
SAT TAT AUM
God Christ Gurus[/color]
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 02:42 pm by namaste » Report Spam   Logged
namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2009 03:10 pm »

I'll have to revisit this thread, as for some reason it was a method to share and/or get some support along the part of the journey... I'd like to go back and clear up some of the noise... but we'll see.

Things are very much clearing in regards to the ponderings in those written words...
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2009 05:18 pm »

I'll have to revisit this thread, as for some reason it was a method to share and/or get some support along the part of the journey... I'd like to go back and clear up some of the noise... but we'll see.

Things are very much clearing in regards to the ponderings in those written words...

i think it can be as simple as: Different things work at different times of our lives. We have to be ready to just let it all go. Because after all it is just this big movie show. Once certain parts and roles have been played with people and saints we just see it as a drama that we have gained wisdom from and move on to the next sequence of cinema delights. What is wonderful is that at times we find certain people and places coming back here and there and playing new parts in the show. They were good enough actors to play new roles in our personal script. The others we just leave behind until they come back maybe much later (another life or place when there is better understanding). Being enlightened has the prerequisite of this some what detached view of the observer along the way. The enjoyer of the movie. Just sitting in the chair in the theater and not feeling so terribly personal about the fact that we were there watching.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2009 05:30 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

namaste2All
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Jun 16, 2009 01:29 am »

Steve, thanks for the echo... Good words that mirror the intent of the original thread...  kinda layed it out there as the "observer"...  maybe a bit of noise (but it was stated so)...  and mostly that unfolding moment at the writting was known to be largely a focus of flux... known to be more a reflection than a stepping stone.  For when we leap into the void, eventually out of the flux may arise a level of true concentration / intuition beyond stepping stone lept off...

Ever consider that without Hitler's, mosquitos, or false prophets (or myriad of personalities - good and bad) that it would be a thunk dull world, and much harder to find our way?   Well, seems these roles in the play of life must occur to permit relativity -- a basis of to gauge potentials (growth or shortfalls)...     and in this concept, if all of us were to be in the same consciousness/state on the "repulsion / attraction" -- "away/toward"  True Being -- well, how would that work?    We all have roles to play... even the dark roles I suppose...  and in this sense, it becomes easier to see one's True Being could readily exist in any of these physical forms, stars born under...   focus of experience may shift, perhaps variations of consciousness -- yet True Being remains untouched -- observing...

Anyways,...   onward we journey...
Blessings...
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2009 01:59 am by namaste » Report Spam   Logged
Steve Hydonus
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012 09:30 pm »

Dear Scott i was able to listen to this videos in its entirety today. it brought tears running down my face. we appreciate the energy you have given us in your own spiritual unfoldment. i feel very fortunate to have been in the presence of a true guru. I will soon see amma again this summer and I'm so grateful, for this seems to be occuring again. you received shaktipat as well and we have shared so much together. the gurus blessings and grace continue. yogananda has said: the highest form of earthly love is friendship because in friendship there is no compulsion. (these things I keep in my heart) .... the guru or spiritual perceptor expresses the highest ideal of love and friendship ..he wants nothing but the disciples good and leads him thru incarnations if need be to the ultimate good or god.
Interesting statements "SUPPORTING" Yoganandaji... this Swami tells it very blatantly that he views Yoganandaji as a great Master, and for those attacking tand to "shut up"... not sure what's up with all the other messages he has, but thought interesting...  He also talks about his personal experience with Anandamoya Ma -- his perception she is a great Avatar... hands passed thru her feet (made of light)... she was known not to cast a shadow at times...   (and I've heard of a story of how one of SRF monks discussing this concept about Yoganandaji)...   anyways.  here is the link...

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 11:00 pm by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: