Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Magic in Modern Life

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Magic in Modern Life  (Read 339 times)
Lucky Denver

« on: Apr 04, 2011 03:46 pm »

Hello all, I hope I am typing this post in the correct forum!

Often when we think of places that give us a spiritual vibe or buzz, we think of things like.. nature, for example.  Indeed, nature can provide for the greatest of hideaways, free from duties, free from images, free even from thoughts.

But what about those of us or the time spent living in and amongst the life of the city?  I profess that there is spiritual magic to be found within even the most industrial or commercial of these.  It is difficult to describe, but in my own experience I have had the most disconnected and contemplative moments while actually existing right in the heart of the busy dizzy atmosphere.  It is the feeling where I am spending hours on the bus.. and I can see people, I see cars, I see buildings, I see "things" but even in such an active environment I learn to somehow just "be", to just sit and exist without a thought of it all as if I was one with every mind and every moment around me.  It is the feeling where I drop the token into the bus fare box and step on and off and have people brush past me in a hurry and drive past the billboards and pollutive factories as if it was all nothing but a fleeting second of eternal dreaming.

As I said, it is hard to describe and my attempt may be lost on those, but I suppose what I am getting at is a question of whether or not others can somehow find the spiritual magic and beauty in what appears to be the most worldly and materially involved of atmospheres.

Love to all
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2011 04:59 pm »

Hello all, I hope I am typing this post in the correct forum!

Often when we think of places that give us a spiritual vibe or buzz, we think of things like.. nature, for example.  Indeed, nature can provide for the greatest of hideaways, free from duties, free from images, free even from thoughts.

But what about those of us or the time spent living in and amongst the life of the city?  I profess that there is spiritual magic to be found within even the most industrial or commercial of these.  It is difficult to describe, but in my own experience I have had the most disconnected and contemplative moments while actually existing right in the heart of the busy dizzy atmosphere.  It is the feeling where I am spending hours on the bus.. and I can see people, I see cars, I see buildings, I see "things" but even in such an active environment I learn to somehow just "be", to just sit and exist without a thought of it all as if I was one with every mind and every moment around me.  It is the feeling where I drop the token into the bus fare box and step on and off and have people brush past me in a hurry and drive past the billboards and pollutive factories as if it was all nothing but a fleeting second of eternal dreaming.

As I said, it is hard to describe and my attempt may be lost on those, but I suppose what I am getting at is a question of whether or not others can somehow find the spiritual magic and beauty in what appears to be the most worldly and materially involved of atmospheres.

Love to all

Nomaste Lucky

i think if u look at y these cities r created in the first place u might have an idea if they were done so for a laudible outcome.
In the higher ages these cities will be dematerialized and looked at as a bruise on the surface of the earth; and not conducive to a spiritual atmosphere in the ultimate sense of the word since an atmosphere conducive to peace and the attainment of enlightenment is very different then one that is found in the hustle and bustle activity and restlessness of city life. Having said this; i live in Los Angeles County and am very happy with the fact that there r so many spiritual activities here and that there r so many meditation groups and saints that travel thru this area. In a larger view God is everywhere and ultimately we will find him everywhere so y not start where we r now placed? It sounds like that is what u r expressing.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2011 06:38 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2011 07:35 pm »

im tired of seeing people run over animals and billboards high in the sky and restless nights because city light is just as bright as daytime. cant see the stars. tired of angry traffic drivers. helicopters at all times of the day and construction work early mornings
tired of hearing neighbors through walls

but theres a lot of diversity in city life and every day is definitely a new adventure
just as much ups as there are downs

but i could enjoy a more desolate life every now and then
Report Spam   Logged
Lucky Denver

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2011 03:37 pm »

Nomaste Lucky

i think if u look at y these cities r created in the first place u might have an idea if they were done so for a laudible outcome.
In the higher ages these cities will be dematerialized and looked at as a bruise on the surface of the earth; and not conducive to a spiritual atmosphere in the ultimate sense of the word since an atmosphere conducive to peace and the attainment of enlightenment is very different then one that is found in the hustle and bustle activity and restlessness of city life. Having said this; i live in Los Angeles County and am very happy with the fact that there r so many spiritual activities here and that there r so many meditation groups and saints that travel thru this area. In a larger view God is everywhere and ultimately we will find him everywhere so y not start where we r now placed? It sounds like that is what u r expressing.

Jitendra

Indeed, you have stated exactly what I am trying to express.

I, too, feel the negative implications of cities in the sense of pollution, materialism, corruption, etc. and I am fortunate that my time in the city comes from commuting, as I come from a smaller town about an hour away and I don't think I could ever actually settle down right in the city.

In your words Steve, my message is that God *is* everywhere and we will find him everywhere, so why not start where we are now placed?  Yes, even if we are currently involved or even feel "trapped" within the city machine, that is no excuse to separate one's self from God or to ignore that He is, as you said, *everywhere*.

I'll be the first to sympathize with the notion of escape, the dream to "get out" and live a desolate life, far less materially driven and far more spiritually involved.  However, I am still against the idea that happiness or spiritual advancement *depends* on this for some folks.  Some feel that life, external and internal, will just automatically become better and they'll be a better person by default if they were to just up and switch locations, situations, etc.  Although I understand how a change of pace could and probably will be very helpful for many, it has to always be understood that change comes from WITHIN and this is why I could not agree more that we should be able to find God even in a place that seems to lack in God-spirit, because God is located in our hearts not in "nice places" on Earth.

Bless you all!
Lucky
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: