Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 04:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Beafsteak Tomatoes

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beafsteak Tomatoes  (Read 247 times)
Beatrice Landcaster

« on: Apr 14, 2011 08:17 am »

Soon ya' ll will see beefsteak tomatoes for all you juice filled friends. Kinda hope your thinkin about plantin your garden. I set up a likeness of yours truly for a scare crow. Last year I tried it and had no pests at all. Even the deer never came back. I heard the coyotes yelping for weeks after I set up the scarecrow. The Jehova's Witnesses felt they had some more important God's work to do at the neighbors houses.
That's O.K. Last time I talked to those kind folks I told them I already went to hell in a handbasket a few years back so I don't need to visit that place again. Been there done that. That was my final word. No sense beating a dead horse.

Beady
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 08:41 am by Beatrice Landcaster » Report Spam   Logged
yoshi

« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2011 02:07 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Caitlin

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2011 07:58 am »

Beefsteak tomatoes are some of the largest and meatiest tomatoes. They hold together well, are perfect for sandwiches, and are among the best tomatoes for eating raw. These large tomatoes (typically 10 to 16 ounces each) typically have a squat and irregular shape, making them poor candidates for mechanized processing, but ideal for home gardens and kitchens.

The following are five favorites:

1. Brandywine. Brandywine is an heirloom tomato, which means it’s open-pollinated and not a hybrid. It’s a large, meaty, pink, late-season tomato. Gardeners excuse its low yield and uneven ripening because of its classic tomato flavor.

2. Cherokee Purple. Cherokee purple is popular for its unusual dusty rose color, its dense and juicy texture, and its luscious sweet flavor similar to Brandywine’s. Some consider Cherokee Purple to be one of the best-tasting heirloom tomatoes.

3. Big Beef. Big Beef is a hybrid prized for its large beefy fruits and old-fashioned, homegrown flavor. A midseason tomato, it’s a heavy producer, bred to yield bright red, smooth tomatoes until frost.

4. Black Krim. An heirloom tomato from the Black Sea area of the former Soviet Union, Black Krim produces intense, slightly salty maroon tomatoes in mid season. Its color tends to be darker in hot weather.
Report Spam   Logged

does nioxin work
Koenigsegg CCXR, special edition cars for sale
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2011 12:07 pm »

Hey ya all sellin' tomatoes on my thread? Why don't you sell them at my vegetable stand?  With that there many varieties we could be a startin one hell of a store. Ya all got some juicy tales. What is that thing a ma jiggy ya all use for your name?  and what neck of the woods you a smellin out of? My cookin' skills made the natives join the AA (they had to wash it all down one too many times)so count me in on your recipes for your cook. Somebody thought my home cookin was good. Just look at that sqaushi. She's was garglin ma's special mouth wash to keep her boy friend from smellin those wonderful spices left behind. I've been pickin tomatoes and diggin potatoes. Ain't nothin like those fields back home.

Beatrice Lancaster.

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2011 12:25 pm by Beatrice Landcaster » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: