Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 06:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

GTWA- god talks with arjuna

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTWA- god talks with arjuna  (Read 629 times)
guest88
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2019 04:26 pm »

Interesting notes,
Krishna is referred to as ones inner-guide.

I find this battle takes place outside meditation as well.

Many times it seems more appropriate to me to let the sense desires come out rather than constantly suppressing them and letting them surface in awkward and socially unacceptable ways. Not sure how the Master would respond to this; perhaps it’s best to pray and seek guidance. Because we seldom know what’s best for us. In the meantime back to the kriya’s practicing the presence and cultivating a spiritual climate around us. God has a way of sheltering his devotees who are committed to enlightenment and sincere in their efforts despite their desires that work against their spiritual resolutions.
Hi Steve,
In the above post, the argument is that the senses are meant to be enjoyed. I consider myself a novice yogi and have heard Yogananda and Inayat Khan say something similar with what I am about to share. When it comes to renunciation, we are at different levels of understanding in our lives, all good. One should not force themselves into renunciation. The object then is to be in the World without being consumed by the world. Quoting Yogananda, "Anyone will find solitude tormenting if his mind dwells on what he has renounced and not on the all-absorbing Divine presence."
So back to the argument, the senses are meant to be enjoyed. I would say this is true and it is true that they offer us much much more. We are here, in these bodies, to learn as is being continually taught by Nature by means of dual expression. While it is true we can enjoy our senses, inside of us is the potential for so much more. We are more than a vegetable or the animal that barks at its own reflection. I think it's important to realize that we are here to Learn and Progress towards the ideal, which is the life purpose of every soul.
From one who often indulges the senses and desires in excess, eventually we recognize lasting happiness is not found by external means. Indulge if you will but strive to be ever mindful and centered on Love. The offering from the Gita is here to teach us how to invest and enable the rule of King Soul acknowledging the battle between Soul and Ego as it is taught by and unfolds through Nature.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: