Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 06:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Humility

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Humility  (Read 542 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Feb 09, 2010 07:57 pm »

Sometimes this soul searching seems so abstract

in translation this means I have a longer way to go than you, it seems you are closer in your search, your knowing

working on increasing my knowing as I continue my searching

thanx, Divine friend  Cool

Humility is a clear sign of spiritual progress. It is a tricky thing and we cannot really tell our spiritual progress in relation to others. Only a very high soul can accurately determine these things especially when we are a part of the same thread in this search. It is hard to know when someone will and can find a way to help. We just always have to be receptive and think of others. Compassion is a door way to expanding our consciousnes.

i have seen people who are not even consciously on the spiritual path do heroic things At those times i have to ask myself: would i have done that if i were in their position? God can work thru anyone he chooses. The more i realize this the more i gain my own humility. It seems you are working on yours Flying Squirrel.

Jitendra

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011 06:37 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2010 09:38 pm »

Humility is a clear sign of spiritual progress. It is a tricky thing and we cannot really tell our spiritual progress in relation to others. Only a very high soul can accurately determine these things especially when we are a part of the same thread in this search.

yes, very true - good reminder not to compare the spiritual progress to another soul's progress, we are each on our own journey

our own time line, progress happens when we are ready and when it is meant to be

grateful to those who God has chosen to work thru, in guiding us along the path

I believe Jitendra is one of the chosen ones, from what I have seen here

in humble thanks,
flying squirrel  Cool

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2011 06:53 pm »

Humility is a clear sign of spiritual progress. It is a tricky thing and we cannot really tell our spiritual progress in relation to others. Only a very high soul can accurately determine these things especially when we are a part of the same thread in this search.

yes, very true - good reminder not to compare the spiritual progress to another soul's progress, we are each on our own journey

our own time line, progress happens when we are ready and when it is meant to be

grateful to those who God has chosen to work thru, in guiding us along the path

I believe Jitendra is one of the chosen ones, from what I have seen here

in humble thanks,
flying squirrel  Cool

Circumstances humble us. That is what has happened to me. A friend recently helped me recognize my ego. That is what helps. We cannot see ourselves like others do. When friends r loving and we seek their help. They can help us. Sometimes ego is as simple as wanting things to occur the way u want them to. It just does not work that way. The question is how am i going to let things unfold naturally without interference. i have posed this to myself.Often people do not want our help and do not think they need it. There is a time and place to recognize it. We cannot interfere with someones free will choices. i think this is lesson i am currently going thru. It is a humbling experience to see others make mistakes u can do nothing about accept pray for them. Sometimes i try to take action but it can easily make things worst. Having the discrimination to know when to act in response to someones actions and when not to. That is very humbling to me.

Jitendra
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2011 11:11 pm »

hi steve i think we're going through similar. i write personal notes every now and then and things like trying not to force love in any relationship or offer the least resistance to someones will are recent themes

i like your insight on the ego
something i dont know much about but am pretty sure mines inflated like this !!!0!!! weee forumszs

how can you let things unfold naturally ? just live your life be yourself and when you're placed in a similar situation- maybe you'll act differently. we're in this human experience together brother lol!
deez iz yoUR PLAYGROUND

relaxxxxx
you're a very caring and sensitive individual and the work you put forward is much appreciated but maybe you're being asked to focus on yourself now if these are the kind of situations that occur  Huh?

ps. im finding joy in recognizing the, 'nameless' love that i am graced with day to day. like the gentleness of a stranger, new friends, animals, etc. but if we call it god or a nameless love IS IT REALLY NAMELESS!?!?! haha idk im just being stupid  Grin  Tongue

OK BYE Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2011 08:06 pm »

hi steve i think we're going through similar. i write personal notes every now and then and things like trying not to force love in any relationship or offer the least resistance to someones will are recent themes

i like your insight on the ego
something i dont know much about but am pretty sure mines inflated like this !!!0!!! weee forumszs

how can you let things unfold naturally ? just live your life be yourself and when you're placed in a similar situation- maybe you'll act differently. we're in this human experience together brother lol!
deez iz yoUR PLAYGROUND

relaxxxxx
you're a very caring and sensitive individual and the work you put forward is much appreciated but maybe you're being asked to focus on yourself now if these are the kind of situations that occur  Huh?

ps. im finding joy in recognizing the, 'nameless' love that i am graced with day to day. like the gentleness of a stranger, new friends, animals, etc. but if we call it god or a nameless love IS IT REALLY NAMELESS!?!?! haha idk im just being stupid  Grin  Tongue

OK BYE Cheesy

In the end it really comes down to us and how we react and handle all situations. We r not given a road map. Just have to b in tune. When other people get angry sometimes it might b better to do nothing accept pray for them. When others act in an unloving way we can always give them love in return and sometimes we have to know when to leave them alone. Yes; realaxxx and cast aside all mental burdens allowing God's perfect love peace and wisdom to manifest thru me....
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2011 08:13 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2011 05:10 am »

OK BYE Cheesy

Thanks Eric. Yes finding joy in recognizing the nameless love that we r graced with day to day. The gentleness of a stranger, new friends, animals etc. Yea we let our thoughts get so hung up with certain things that they come back to haunt us. They become too real and we imagine being hurt by them.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2011 05:17 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2011 12:02 am »

Brahmachariji offered...   that Devotion in this sense is "surrendering" our illusions, knot points, etc. to the Divine -- into the Divine Fire of the Kriya cycles... this is the "Fire Rite".     Praying in supplication our dearest of Dear, nearest of Near, for Her Divine help in releasing from the expectation to any specific outcomes...(devotion as surrender, simple and true ? !)    Trusting Divine Beloved will work not only thru Law (of Karmas - Cause and Effect), but thru Love Divine...  ? ! 

As the Judge must rule by Law, and sentence according to dictates of Law....   As Governor may pardon based on extenuating circumstances... so the default balancer of creation is Law (Judge as Karma), yet the Divine is like the Governor... the Divine may enact (transcendent - Within and Without) LOVE -- therby the Judgement of Law may be mitigated... 

But we must release our expectations, and accept with even-mindedness and loving dispassion...   trusting our Divine Beloved....   

supplicate for intervention, but in same breath, accepting what leads to Liberation...

? ? ? ?

Cheers! 
Jai Gurus ! Jai Gurus !  (Victory to the Dispeller(s) of Darkness !)

Dear friend; i wonder if u have noticed that things turn out less and less how u expect them to? Maybe it is because we r learning new lessons and things r never quite the same in our new lessons. So how can we have expectations? Yet sometimes we wonder; Why did we not see more clearer from the beginning? More and more intuition is needed. i suppose this is the intermediary between the ego and the soul to let us know the path towards safety...

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2011 12:03 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2011 10:06 pm »

Jitnendra,   Ha, that's simply where we sometimes stand in the Field at a point of the journey... (to seem it's all run amok!)   True indeed, insn't it... and when in the middle of the stream, the current can seem quite strong !      Embrace the Change as Positive... and it shall be !     Life is Change, else it could mean Death in stagnation ?   
Few moments from now and new Field will bring much stability...   remain diligent in Yogic rites and faith... it will help shift the balancing flow from the arm of the more subtle realms...  trust your legs.. .they are firmly planted and are strong... will carry us thru !God Speed Dear one !
Jai Guru !  Jai Ma !   (Victory to Dispellers of Darkness -- We take refuge in your effulgent light of Liberating Wisdom and Love !)

Each is bound to magnetize in flux of ephemeral realm... sometimes more, sometimes nearly none... 
   so if we sense a shift -- of increasing "let down of expectations", that does not necesarily mean we are not progressing spiritually -- perhaps, it is simply the ephemeral realm (Field) shifting...  the ephemeral (Field) is just a little sphere (of External) floating within Each / All.    If this is recognized, that (the expectation) is not "my true substance" -- it is only the Field -- I am the Observer of the Field... this is key...    and very quickly we may shift back to the realm of Yearning fulfilled, regardless of External Objects.   (it is the shift back to the place between the Sun and Moon)...

The formations of the ephemeral (world of duality) ever shift and ebb.   
Our garments of the Creation, (i.e. - Mind, Body) are of such elements (formations). 
They (formations) are of the External arm of the Magnet of Objects. 

If our consciousness is condensed in the External Realm, it shall ebb with that Realm.

Again and again proven as false and absolute folly, for devotee to percieve Goal is cesation of the ephemeral ebb -- absolute folly; this is one of Maya's greatest trinkets, to believe we may suspend the ebb of Prakriti (Mother Nature) Herself -- only have certain of Her flows in the Field !.   This (mass) Maya arising as (individual) Avidya is at best an "artificially-lighted harmony" whose permanance is as the creation herself -- ever in flux.    We understandably desire happiness over sorrow, but these "expectation" are of the ephemeral sphere -- how may the grosser manifest the finer expanse ? !    They (external objects of the Field) are not the true substance that will fulfill our true Yearning.   It is challenging and easy to make this slip (again and again), as when we begin to take up more positive habits, and begin to magnetize to the (ascending) spheres... well, we often require less blatant "lessons" and "amusements"...   our body and mind are beneficially cooled -- and the ephemeral oscillations have less substance (field) upon which to act.    It is like we become transparent, or semi-permeable -- the external objects and cause and effect may cool a bit... 

Nomaste i am absorbing your thoughts. i know u r giving me a bit of a pep talk: 'Embrace the Change as Positive... and it shall be !' i embrace it!  Our expectations are to have happiness over sorrow. Yet i am not even sure we know what true happiness and sorrow are. The external objects in the field our not the true substance so how can they give permanent happiness? 'If our consciousness is condensed in the External Realm, it shall ebb with that Realm'. Perhaps this is the lesson of patience that we r undergoing in all our striving. In this way we r exposed to what really is. Not what we imagine to b and think we know what is. The 'external objects do cool a bit as we see that our happiness goes deeper then those objects of maya. 'The ephemeral oscillations have less substance. Maya's greatest trinkets, to believe we may suspend the ebb of Prakriti (Mother Nature) Herself -- only have certain of Her flows in the Field !'. To ourselves? Our little ego. Another delusion! 'When we become transparent, or semi-permeable -- the external objects and cause and effect may cool a bit'...  Perhaps this y it was difficult to take a picture of Lahiri Mahasaya? In reality there was nothing there but the transparency of light to flow thru. An embodiment of humility.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2011 01:55 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2011 03:48 pm »

often to use words to mirror back to a post may simply be very much an exercise of manas cognitive mind...

hey namaste2All !  Cool

yeah, got that right, sometimes too much chatter and quoting of previous postings  Grin

and these one or two word replies, echoes it seems .....
gotta find a balance

and English too
drives squirrel crazy at times, all these Indian word insertions, like there is some magic in them !  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2011 08:52 am »

Jitendra,  (right on!)

What becomes clear is that as we attempt (out of loving compassion to use words), we are drawn into the ephemeral, and the "true" connection to the Knowing is somewhat vieled...   like if we are to spot a snow leopard... they are very rare to spot, and likely very shy... they will sense they are being observed and ebb away from observation.     The Divine flows can kinda be like that.   

It seems that there is indeed this place between the Sun and Moon that few know about...  and upon finding this sphere, it is also very tenous... we may not grasp it to hold it... we may only "get out of the way" to directly observe and be within that sphere flow.   This sounds nonesensicle words even as I type... sound like some philosphical statement (which is easy to say).   What remains obvious is that we as human will always be limited in our ability to express the deepest Divine experience, and that is as designed...  for the Divine Viels that form the creation must remain suspended.   

What is obvious is that we become not zombies, but more engaged.   But the manifestation of the Divine is myriad -- and not notes, but chords and progressions, etc.     Amma (Hugging Saint - Mata Amritanandamaya Devi) illustrates this... the Divine has formed in many ways expressive in that incarnate Great One...  but the Divine "mission" and "expression" settled upon the Divine Mother -- as other forms such as Krishna (which she was unified and manifested) ebbed, as they were more "detached" and "observational" -- and Ammaji explains that for the flow of this incarnate Great One, the forms of Divine Mother are better able to interact and heal the Divine Ones of the devotees.   So Each, will likely need to settle across and ebb through myriad manifestations of Divine...  and the Divine will show the flow that is to be (for that incarnation).

At any rate, consider that just because some of us do not post often... and then we post long, obscurities...  well, this is a laugh...  and it is nearly getting to be that why to speak words of such.    Please, be gentle... I understand why we communicate.   I'm simply offering and asking for consideration for some of us... periodically, we need to ebb from the creation... we are possible nearing our final journeys homeward.    It is awkward for my devotee friend, I can tell... he does not become an absolute hermit, yet he is very diligent in remaining away from the vibrations of the gross spheres.

I find more and more I am drawn outside to sit.   I understand more why Babaji (by Ganges) spoke to Sri Yukteswar (after 'The Holy Science' was completed) -  "The supreme guru smilingly declined. 'No, child,' he said, 'we are people who like the shelter of trees; this spot is quite comfortable.'
It was related that Sri Yukteswar's heart was "fast-beating", and that he in his haste ran off to his home to return with food for the group, only to find them gone.   He was not so happy.   Then we hear his next meeting with Babaji...
"'I told you I would see you, but didn't say how long I would remain.' Babaji laughed softly. 'You were full of excitement. I assure you that I was fairly extinguished in the ether by the gust of your restlessness.'
"I was instantly satisfied by this unflattering explanation. I knelt at his feet; the supreme guru patted me kindly on the shoulder.

If a Great One incarnate, such as Sri Yukteswar, is possessed of such fits of excitement... then will it not likely be so for many of us... that each incarnation we must continue to learn this lesson and how to tune to the Divine (admidst the clang of the human Field) ?   

Anyways.... so many words (again)...

As Yoshi often says...   ((( love )))   

Hope the divine always shows the flow in what is to be this incarnation. It makes it easier for us instead of pecking around under every tree looking for the path on our own. Yet somehow that seems to be part of the plan of being left on our own to figure out how we are going to do it alone or with God at varying degrees of separation leaving us the independence of free choice...

i always like this story that Sri Yukteswar related; 'we are people who like the shelter of trees; this spot is quite comfortable.' i can relate to this with you Nomaste as we have enjoyed such places together...
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2011 08:56 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2011 05:49 am »

ty for bumping this thread
these post are beautiful