Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 08:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

unconventional forms of meditation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unconventional forms of meditation  (Read 616 times)
guest88
« on: Jun 19, 2011 10:14 pm »

hello
i think there are different levels of meditation
some of which you might practice seem out of reach to me and what i practice may not even be considered meditation by those that devote more of their time to the subject.
lately going deep and experiencing transcendental bliss or astral projection does not interest me as much as just having a quiet place to myself and letting the imagination run wild.
i find running late at night meditative- the streets are quiet, the darkness plays tricks on my eyes- most everyone is asleep. or listening to music alone ... usually the goal is to connect in the quiet space and focus on whatever is needed in the moment

i know meditation is so much more
just thinking
what are some uncommon ways you meditate ?
Report Spam   Logged
Swami Peevananda

« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2011 01:44 pm »

hello
some of which you might practice seem out of reach to me and what i practice may not even be considered meditation by those that devote more of their time to the subject.
lately going deep and experiencing transcendental bliss or astral projection does not interest me as much as just having a quiet place to myself and letting the imagination run wild.
i find running late at night meditative- the streets are quiet, the darkness plays tricks on my eyes- most everyone is asleep. or listening to music alone ... usually the goal is to connect in the quiet space and focus on whatever is needed in the moment

just thinking

May I introduce to you a formula that is unbeatable for enlightenment. Just take a pill a day similar to multiple vitamins. In no time you will be brought to new levels of consciousness. There are few side effects however, such as an increased sexual drive which can be remedied by depo provera . Don't worry I was a sex therapist before becoming a Swami. (It comes with the territory for monastics, renunciants and soon to be celibates of the order.)

It stops sex offenders from repeating their crimes. Unlike surgical castration, where the testicles or ovaries are removed through an incision in the body,[1] chemical castration does not actually castrate the person, nor is it a form of sterilization. For this reason the term "chemical castration" has been called a misnomer.[2]

Chemical castration is generally considered reversible when treatment is discontinued, although permanent effects in body chemistry can sometimes be seen, as in the case of bone density loss increasing with length of use of depo provera .[3] Castration has, from time to time, been used as an instrument of public and/or judicial policy despite concerns over human rights and possible side effects.[4][5]

Any slight twitches of the vital organs can be decreased by Depakote:

Valproic acid is used alone or with other medications to treat certain types of seizures. Valproic acid is also used to treat mania (episodes of frenzied, abnormally excited mood) in people with bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder; a disease that causes episodes of depression, episodes of mania, and other .

If you start feeling an uneasiness at any time taking my multiple vitamin formula I will give you some ativans to remedy the situation.

Ativan (Lorazepam) is an anti-anxiety agent (benzodiazepines,mild tranquilizer) used for the relief of anxiety, agitation and irritability,

In your care and service,

Doc Preevananda
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2011 01:56 pm by Swami Peevananda » Report Spam   Logged
yoshi

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2011 11:59 pm »

u r silly, dr. p.

----------------------------

hello
i find running late at night meditative- the streets are quiet, the darkness plays tricks on my eyes- most everyone is asleep. or listening to music alone ... usually the goal is to connect in the quiet space and focus on whatever is needed in the moment i know meditation is so much more
just thinking

my usual meditation routine is 3x per day....morning, afternoon and night.  sometimes i cannot always perform my afternoon meditation....what that consists of is , i usually take a bath and listen to music , sing to god, commune w/masters and ones in my heart in a more light hearted manner yet still in a loving way and at the 'beach'...the morning and pm meditations are w/out music. 

my afternoon meditation.....'let my hair down',,,,enjoy being soul...fly around...'play' with christ and sometimes other masters....sit with christ/masters and emmerse in god....sometimes i bring light to his kutastha....tell him how much i love him/them.....a sort of 'fun time commune'.   

i have noticed that when emmersed in god... that other souls will appear.  suddenly...without me even thinking of them....they come....so we ask them to join us <3<3<3  sometimes, christ will suggest to me to light up their kutasthas too. 

as a kid...i would 'day dream' a lot.....more fantasy things...they would not include god, masters or ones in my heart.  i have learned tho....that bringing in god and masters during meditation,,,,my soul grows closer to god,,,,the meditations 'serve a Purpose' now.....

(((Hugs)))
yoshi

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2011 10:51 am »

hello

just thinking

May I introduce to you a formula that is unbeatable for enlightenment. Just take a pill a day similar to multiple vitamins. In no time you will be brought to new levels of consciousness. There are few side effects however, such as an increased sexual drive which can be remedied by depo provera . Don't worry I was a sex therapist before becoming a Swami. (It comes with the territory for monastics, renunciants and soon to be celibates of the order.)

It stops sex offenders from repeating their crimes. Unlike surgical castration, where the testicles or ovaries are removed through an incision in the body,[1] chemical castration does not actually castrate the person, nor is it a form of sterilization. For this reason the term "chemical castration" has been called a misnomer.[2]

Chemical castration is generally considered reversible when treatment is discontinued, although permanent effects in body chemistry can sometimes be seen, as in the case of bone density loss increasing with length of use of depo provera .[3] Castration has, from time to time, been used as an instrument of public and/or judicial policy despite concerns over human rights and possible side effects.[4][5]

Any slight twitches of the vital organs can be decreased by Depakote:

Valproic acid is used alone or with other medications to treat certain types of seizures. Valproic acid is also used to treat mania (episodes of frenzied, abnormally excited mood) in people with bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder; a disease that causes episodes of depression, episodes of mania, and other .

If you start feeling an uneasiness at any time taking my multiple vitamin formula I will give you some ativans to remedy the situation.

Ativan (Lorazepam) is an anti-anxiety agent (benzodiazepines,mild tranquilizer) used for the relief of anxiety, agitation and irritability,

In your care and service,

Doc Preevananda

Hey is your ego trippin' out? What cha talkin' about Primavera Noodles? Lord have mercy! What yu'all been smokin'? Dag nabbit I ain't seen such tom foolery since I was back in the cotton fields.  You let the devil play mischief with you with all that there stuff crawlin' in your head. There ain't no substitute for Good ol' revival tents to put you straight  back on earth; You been on some lofty altitude with no hope of comin' down. Lordy be, pick up the shovel get your ass back to the grind stone before the grim reaper enters your life and takes hold of your soul.

Beatrice Landcaster                         
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2011 12:03 pm by Beatrice Landcaster » Report Spam   Logged
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2011 08:59 am »

hello
lately going deep and experiencing transcendental bliss or astral projection does not interest me as much as just having a quiet place to myself and letting the imagination run wild.i find running late at night meditative- the streets are quiet, the darkness plays tricks on my eyes- most everyone is asleep. or listening to music alone ... usually the goal is to connect in the quiet space and focus on whatever is needed in the moment

just thinking

hey dude !  Cool

we each got our own style of meditation

what is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander, sorry Quackers !  Grin Cool

personally, I like your idea of  " having a quiet place to myself and letting the imagination run wild "  !

bit dangerous though sitting high in a tree, out on a branch

long ways down to the ground, yeah I know one needs to be grounded now & then, LOL !

best meditation I had was alongside this river
sat on the best branch, best view in the forest !
was so into the imagination running wild, I ran with the wind
fell off the branch !  SPLASH !!!  Shocked Grin right into the river !!!

felt like a new me, spiritual baptism so to speak  Cool
haven't been the same since
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2011 01:40 am »

Nomaste Eric i think what we do to enhance the meditation experience is very important to our meditation practice. To give in example; while i do not consider watching our own thoughts meditation, i do consider it very important to our mental and emotional balance. When we fall out of balance it is very difficult to have the meditation experience regardless of what meditation practice we use. The Buddhists also practice walking meditation. Sometimes it helps to get up and walk a bit and stretch and energize so that we can come back to the practice refreshed.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011 02:11 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2011 07:31 pm »

hello
lately going deep and experiencing transcendental bliss or astral projection does not interest me as much as just having a quiet place to myself and letting the imagination run wild.i find running late at night meditative- the streets are quiet, the darkness plays tricks on my eyes- most everyone is asleep. or listening to music alone ... usually the goal is to connect in the quiet space and focus on whatever is needed in the moment

just thinking

hey dude !  Cool

we each got our own style of meditation

what is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander, sorry Quackers !  Grin Cool

personally, I like your idea of  " having a quiet place to myself and letting the imagination run wild "  !

bit dangerous though sitting high in a tree, out on a branch

long ways down to the ground, yeah I know one needs to be grounded now & then, LOL !

best meditation I had was alongside this river
sat on the best branch, best view in the forest !
was so into the imagination running wild, I ran with the wind
fell off the branch !  SPLASH !!!  Shocked Grin right into the river !!!

felt like a new me, spiritual baptism so to speak  Cool
haven't been the same since

That's Alright Flying Squirrel you just entered my territory. Flying Squirrel will have to adapt and become a Swimming Squirrel as well! You just float on your back in a river of bliss. Join me.  Cheesy

Laughing Goose
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011 08:23 pm by Laughing Goose » Report Spam   Logged

'Awaken to the sound of Geese farting in the morning fog'....Loose Goose
guest88
« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2011 05:02 am »

Nomaste Eric i think what we do to enhance the meditation experience is very important to our meditation practice. To give in example; while i do not consider watching our own thoughts meditation, i do consider it very important to our mental and emotional balance. When we fall out of balance it is very difficult to have the meditation experience regardless of what meditation practice we use. The Buddhists also practice walking meditation. Sometimes it helps to get up and walk a bit and stretch and energize so that we can come back to the practice refreshed.

Jitendra

thank you
Report Spam   Logged
flying squirrel

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2011 06:06 pm »

That's Alright Flying Squirrel you just entered my territory. Flying Squirrel will have to adapt and become a Swimming Squirrel as well! You just float on your back in a river of bliss. Join me.  Cheesy

Laughing Goose

hey Quackers !  Cool

only in your dreams, ha ha  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
flying squirrel

« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2011 09:56 pm »

speaking of dreams Quackers !  Cool

I had a dream the other night, was floating on my back in the river of bliss, and all of sudden

this big fish comes by and invites me to dinner !  Grin

I had to decline as I was in the middle of the most blissful mediation,
do you think he will ever forgive me ?

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: