Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 02:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What draws us here?

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What draws us here?  (Read 707 times)
omkar
« on: Jun 27, 2011 06:12 pm »

Cheesy  when i first read the heading on this thread....the first thought that popped into my mind....

''i dont know...but it better be darned well worth it....seein's how i left such a one-der-full world behind for this cold , spite-full, fullo-o-hate place..." Undecided Grin

sorry if that thought seems...odd, bitter....but it is the truth.  i remember being born...the first thought in my mind was..." what the heck have i gone and done now ? "   then the crying of a ''newborn'' started...what appeared to be a newborn crying was really a soul pleading w/god....'oh god,,,take me back,,,take me back,,,pleeeaaaaaseeeee !"    Wink

part of me wishes....that i was 'dimly aware' of the battle of hard-world vs spirit.......having this knowledge w/out people listening to me.....tis/was a buggar !   it's like...knowing that a war is coming and trying to warn others and they not listen..... Undecided

ah well....c'est la vie....

<3<3<3 (((LoveHugsOM)))
yoshi

We have to come "down" here, in order "to let go". We have to liberate ourselves by letting go of our desires. All of them, except that one desire for God. The great Yogananda put it this way, "Finish your desires, and pray, 'God, let all my wishes and desires melt into this one: Knowing Thee!'. If you cannot give up your desire for Indian Curry, you will have to be born again here, in order to enjoy it, because in the Astral World, there is no Indian Curry to enjoy. It is the cosmic law of karma. Our own wishes and longings that draw us back here..."

Jitendra got it right. Let's be content with everything, God presents to us. Let us not be too emotional about joyful and sad events in life, because they are only entertainment of Divine play. It is there for us, to progress on the path of liberation. Lahiri Baba Mahasaya defines liberation as 'complete detachment'. The holy techniques which you practice are a necessary tool to use. All else is already in you. You own the Sacred Heart.

Love to you, Anne, and a wonderful day today and many such years to come!

o.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011 06:16 pm by omkar » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: