Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What is OM?

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What is OM?  (Read 2026 times)
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« on: May 31, 2009 11:44 pm »

hi White Eagle,

I cannot help in regards to the specific questions about the OM technique, but I am wondering if perhaps you are noticing the noises because you are trying so hard to focus on the silence ?

Let me give you an example ~ when I first started meditating, I was told that one has to empty the mind of all thoughts, not so easy to do. There were always thoughts coming and going, and the harder I tried to focus on not having thoughts, it seemed that more thoughts would enter the mind.

Then I decided to relax, not to worry about the thoughts, not to focus on the thoughts but to let them drift into the mind, then let the thoughts leave the mind - I just decided not to think about the thoughts. And soon, it was easier to sit in the silence. I also found out there are many ways to meditate, I just had to find the way that works for me.

Maybe this idea might be of help to you, but like I said, I really can't comment on the OM technique - but just use the idea of not focusing so much on the noise, perhaps just chant your OMs and listen to the sound of the OM and if there are other noises - just let the noises exist - but do not listen to the noises and maybe they will eventually be less noticeable to you. I hope this is of some help to you, if not - just toss my suggestion out the window, lol !  Grin

blessings,
Into Blue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: