Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 12:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

past/present/future ?

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: past/present/future ?  (Read 1095 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2011 07:49 pm »

Namaste to you Blue Nova we are fortunate to have you with us. Your reply is very well thought out. Which shows we use are thoughts and mind for important functions here in this cosmic drama. This might also help in our understanding:

In the state of ecstasy the yogi knows the body to be a motion picture of divine energy, which in turn is a dream of God's consciousness; and he, the Self, is an eternal part of that dreaming consciousness. PY

Practice of the eightfold yoga dissolves the waves of likes and dislikes, the desires that infest the intuitive feeling of chitta (heart). When the waters of chitta are free from waves of sensations, thoughts, likes, and dislikes, the clear waters of intuition reflect the soul as a perfect image of the Spirit-Moon. Then the yogi unites his soul reflected in the calm heart with the actual Source, the Moon of omnipresent Spirit. PY

Chapter IV  verse 27 & 28 God Talks With Arjuna The Bhagavad Gita Paramahansa Yogananda

in one of your last post you spoke of not judging the way another perceives reality because there's just so many ways to live this life

hmm
thinking and being- two different realities ?

Thinking and the body work as tools for the soul. 'Being' is direct contact with the soul. When thinking and emotions are quieted it is then that we experience the expansiveness of the soul. In this deep state we are in communion with the soul and not our thoughts and emotions. Our thoughts and emotions are quieted. A deeper state called nirbikalpa samadhi is possible to the advanced yogi who can be in communion with the soul during exacting duties and experiences of life. These beings have cleared all vestiges of their karma and are desire free. There awareness can exist on all plains of existence simultaneously. They also can traverse time and in their consciousness everything exists in the eternal 'now'.

When we have different perceptions of reality we share are perspectives and learn from one another. On occasion someone comes into our lives who helps us tremendously because of this we develop faith in some of the things that they say which we have not yet experienced. Without faith we are left with only our personal experience which can be very dangerous since our experiences are rather limited. Because of an expansion of consciousness there are great souls that can help us immensely on the path to our home in spirit.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
prabhatsinha

« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2011 05:45 pm »

Fully in the moment does not include thinking thoughts. Thoughts distract us from the experience of being. Why suggest anything? One does not suggest but speaks from experience. Experience of the ever present bliss of the moment. One practices sitting until such vistas open to him/her.

well said and true, Steve!

Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2011 07:07 pm »

prabhatsinha wrote:

Experience of the ever present bliss of the moment

_/\_   <3<3<3
Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2011 07:24 pm »

Thank you for sharing - to ALL posters...  so many wise, contemplative words shared.

the funny thing is,   "It takes one to know one".   

It is by Divine Grace Mercy Compassion, that we have any inkling of Divine "Companions" (sat) and Mayic "Companions" (asat) ?   That's the wonder to little me...

all companions learn.  view life as school.   various ages.....various grades.....the younger students have something to learn from the older students.....students learn from the Teachers.  Lessons can be handed down from student to student, or tutoring can happen.  even the older students and even Teachers can learn from the younger students. 

i help my childs teacher now and then.  i volunteer ,,,help out teacher and students.  i have seen when the teacher learns from the students.  it is ...a 'circle'.....of sorts.

earth, or the physical realm is a school.  souls of all grades are here to learn.  we all desire to graduate from school....and it is our desire for our brother and sister souls to graduate too.....or find god again....self realization....

as there is a blend of grades in school...there are a blend of souls upon earth .......all here to realize, learn.......

Teachers.  they can be students as well as professors....  Smiley

in physical school we have subjects such as math...science...english...etc

in soft school we have subjects such as jealously...greed...lust..etc

we are soul .....viewing or aka life though body....we are experiencing two schoolings at once.

anyway...back to ur topic dearest Namaste2all  Grin  students of like grades will hang out with students of like grades....yes ?  a senior in highschool will usually hang with seniors......etc

as a physical body recognizes another as a senior, a soul will also recognize another senior soul......or junior or freshman, etc

(((Hugs)))

Report Spam   Logged
prabhatsinha

« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2011 02:36 pm »

Thank you for sharing - to ALL posters...  so many wise, contemplative words shared.

the funny thing is,   "It takes one to know one".   

It is by Divine Grace Mercy Compassion, that we have any inkling of Divine "Companions" (sat) and Mayic "Companions" (asat) ?   That's the wonder to little me...

all companions learn.  view life as school.   various ages.....various grades.....the younger students have something to learn from the older students.....students learn from the Teachers.  Lessons can be handed down from student to student, or tutoring can happen.  even the older students and even Teachers can learn from the younger students. 

i help my childs teacher now and then.  i volunteer ,,,help out teacher and students.  i have seen when the teacher learns from the students.  it is ...a 'circle'.....of sorts.

earth, or the physical realm is a school.  souls of all grades are here to learn.  we all desire to graduate from school....and it is our desire for our brother and sister souls to graduate too.....or find god again....self realization....

as there is a blend of grades in school...there are a blend of souls upon earth .......all here to realize, learn.......

Teachers.  they can be students as well as professors....  Smiley

in physical school we have subjects such as math...science...english...etc

in soft school we have subjects such as jealously...greed...lust..etc

we are soul .....viewing or aka life though body....we are experiencing two schoolings at once.

anyway...back to ur topic dearest Namaste2all  Grin  students of like grades will hang out with students of like grades....yes ?  a senior in highschool will usually hang with seniors......etc

as a physical body recognizes another as a senior, a soul will also recognize another senior soul......or junior or freshman, etc

(((Hugs)))
very good blue nova!

Report Spam   Logged
blue nova
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2011 07:26 pm »

(((prabhatsinha))).... Smiley   <3<3<3
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2011 08:42 am »

We are in a state of deep ignorance called maya which makes us think what we experience is real. The ideas of time and space are illusionary and the fabric of this dream is the fallacy we have bought into. Our personal ignorance is called avidya or individual ignorance. We think that we are this body and this ego and these thoughts that inhabit it.

Time = CHANGE
Space = DIVISION

Space Time Fabric  -- Seems they intertwine, this Change and Division.

The River may CHANGE course, but always runs downhill towards the Sea.   So does River (Time) really "change", or does the Land (Space) that it lies upon "change" ?  Or both ?  Or neither at core ?

Is upstream (future) really divided from downstream (past)?    What portion of the river (experience of life / moment) do we divide into the NOW ?   

Four Primal Ideas (Illusions) -- Time, Space, Atom, Word (Holy Vibration)

my first say...is no.  the NOW can be illusion...depends on what consciousness we view life through....human or  soul .  if one is deep into human mind... more than likely illusion is what it see life thru.  if one sees life or interprets life thru soul, then life is not an illusion.

In the state of ecstasy the yogi knows the body to be a motion picture of divine energy, which in turn is a dream of God's consciousness; and he, the Self, is an eternal part of that dreaming consciousness. PY

Practice of the eightfold yoga dissolves the waves of likes and dislikes, the desires that infest the intuitive feeling of chitta (heart). When the waters of chitta are free from waves of sensations, thoughts, likes, and dislikes, the clear waters of intuition reflect the soul as a perfect image of the Spirit-Moon. Then the yogi unites his soul reflected in the calm heart with the actual Source, the Moon of omnipresent Spirit. PY

Thinking and the body work as tools for the soul. 'Being' is direct contact with the soul. When thinking and emotions are quieted it is then that we experience the expansiveness of the soul. In this deep state we are in communion with the soul and not our thoughts and emotions. Our thoughts and emotions are quieted. A deeper state called nirbikalpa samadhi is possible to the advanced yogi who can be in communion with the soul during exacting duties and experiences of life. These beings have cleared all vestiges of their karma and are desire free. There awareness can exist on all plains of existence simultaneously. They also can traverse time and in their consciousness everything exists in the eternal 'now'.

Fully in the moment does not include thinking thoughts. Thoughts distract us from the experience of being. Why suggest anything? One does not suggest but speaks from experience. Experience of the ever present bliss of the moment. One practices sitting until such vistas open to him/her.

!!!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked !!! wow
so much to absorb and such perfect timing. lately i've come back to the whole past/present/future thing- thinking what happened! my my how distracted i've become.
so much to go back an learn/relearn ! thank you to all who have posted here

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: