Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

General Information on Meditation

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Information on Meditation  (Read 645 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 20, 2011 06:20 pm »

Why do we meditate? For peace of mind. It comes gradually. U get better at it as the years go on. U sit in the silence withdrawing the senses. When we calm ourselves we begin to see what we have put in the mind. The idea is to let it b and not energize the thoughts. Do not pay attention to the playbacks. Zone them out. When we read the newspaper or watch a show we do not let our consciousness go outwards. We sever that relationship with the outside world. We should keep our attention on the third eye as much as we can. This is the strongest portal in the human body to the spiritual world. If we do not think about thoughts; it is half the battle. When we meditate we displace the thoughts like a boat going thru water displacing the water.

Gradually something goes on inside. We r so wrapped up in the world that we do not see what is going on inside. We get so involved with the world. We gain peace of mind and intuitive perception: Direct perception of truth. We get this intuitive feeling of what we should be doing. It comes thru us.

It may seem like we r wasting r time because we r setting; Yet mediation is action. It is the highest action. We just want to run upstairs and do something, however meditation opens the doors. Here is a simple way of getting started. This is the process:

1. Spine erect. Try to keep body away from the back of chairs and couches. Avoid slouching which constricts the energy flow.

2. Usually we feel tension because we r used to doing things with the body. Relax all the body parts.

3. Attention is at the point between the eyebrows. Upturn the eyes. Not inward but parallel and up.

4. Call out to the saints. For instance: "reveal thyself"

5. We sit in the silence.

6. Chant a little or repeat an affirmation

7. In the beginning we feel we have to say something. That is the thinking process.

8. We put our attention at seeing the lite, feeling the peace or hearing the om.

9. Yet it is not necessary to hear or see anything.

The more we meditate, the more we learn what we put into our minds. Irritating drives, gossip and news billboards everything that has come into our minds during the day comes out into our meditation. Eventually we learn to stay away form things that r negative and affect our meditations. When we sit to meditate at nite it will all replay. We do not need that. We learn to push it out of our consciousness.

In the morning and before u go to sleep r good time to meditate. U r calm and not so many thoughts form the day have come into your mind in the morning. Like wise u put a peaceful presence in your mind at nite that takes u thru your sleep where the sand man takes u.

In the beginning u r attached to your life but eventually u become attached to meditation. Eventually we learn to live our lives so they do not affect us and our meditations adversely. If we have all these bad habits; we put ourselves in a prison house. The world teaches us to find happiness in the world. It is fun in the beginning but it comes back to bite us. Eventually we think: 'If i had only started earlier' and had better habits. It is hard to change habits. U don't have to change all of them. One at a time. Slow by slow. Slowly we turn. U know the saying. We get discouraged because we always want to do everything now.

Read something spiritual. At first it is difficult to read something at first. Later u develop the habit. It is not just words but what is behind the words. A quote will get the mind working towards being absorbed.

Get a good work out and u will be no longer bound by the muscles. They will relax. Breathing. Is there any special breathing. Yoga has different kinds of breathing yet u can just breath normally. It is like u r watching the breath and it helps u disassociate form the body.

We r used to the world revolving around us. When we really start  watching with commitment then something will take place.

Inspired ideas came mostly from Brother Vratananda. Don't hold him responsible because i have put my two cents worth in also~the Hollywood Temple (2011)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2011 09:05 pm by **steve ~ hydonus** » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2021 02:19 am »

I'd like to ask him if it is common to have a type of richocet effect while pursuing meditation?

Aside from a growing impatience, my practices seem to pull me faster into a self sabatoging reality.

At first I thought maybe my karma is being sped up? Then I thought it meant I wasn't ready to renounce certain habits. Like drinking coffee every day?

Whatever the case, when I try to meditate and invoke a mind set I am met with later on a completely different attitude that would compromise the previous one. It could be days later. Or weeks. Or even immediately after meditation.

It would also appear that people and events are more present in my life as I attempt to pull out from certain relationships and social events. Almost like a test.

I have become more restless at times when practicing meditation.

I think this means there is something inside me that requires further understanding. If, for example, I am having too much Ego and another time too much Spirit by way of attitude, perhaps an understanding of how to navigate both mind sets needs to be applied, like a type of harmonizing. Not to deny one over the other.

I wonder if anyone else feels like Maya happens tenfold when pursuing meditation. Or is it we are becoming more aware of the illusions? But why would that also create irritability?
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2021 04:48 am »

What result do you think meditation should give you?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: