Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 01:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Eating out of habit....

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Eating out of habit....  (Read 811 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Mar 18, 2012 02:35 am »

Have u ever noticed that sometimes u feel perfectly fine not eating. As a matter of fact u may smell and feel things more acutely. U may b able to focus more attentively. U may feel free of a habit for a while. U may loose a little weight and look better for it. U definitely will clean out your body and u definitely will b more freer from another human habit.

There r many saints who have lived who never ate a thing. Read the Autobiography and u will learn that many saints lived off of cosmic energy instead of matter. Yogananda has told us that in the higher ages human folk will rely less and less on food and more and more on the the energy from the Sun rays and cosmic energy from the cosmos. So y do we just eat without thinking? Good question wouldn't u say? Out of boredom?

i went into a travel spot today and thought well what will i eat today? Then thought to myself: It is after 6 PM and i have ate nothing up till now and u know what? i feel pretty damn good. So y should i feel that i have to fill some kind of emptiness inside? God can fill up my emptiness with his love, joy and bliss. i am going to remain empty so that i can b filled with a more important ingredient. That manna of God that Christ spoke of. And y not? Y can't i live off that kind of bread for a while?

Saint Anthony lived off of bread and water for 20 years and he didn't have multiple vitamins like we have today. So there is a higher sense of sustenance. He also lived in a cave. Who r really the fortunate ones? We look at our lives with all the modern conveniences and a comfortable bed to lay our ass in at nite. But have we just become slaves of our senses? Who is really wealthy? What a mixed up culture we live in. i would say that many of those wondering sadhus in India are freer than us and more happier than us.

We can enter a blissful state where we do not recognize the coldness or hotness outside. We r content. Sure we might b a ways from meditating in a loin cloth in the freezing Himalayas yet maybe we too have experienced times when we felt above our environment. Such r the blessings of depending on a higher source of wealth. There is a saying: that is that money speaks. There is another saying for those such as ourselves. We can say to those who r carbon copies of all the chickens in chicken coups in every city in this country. Money speaks? Around here it doesn't even whisper.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2012 03:15 am by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
yoshi

« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2012 02:16 pm »

when i 'reconnected' with god / the christ consciousness or whatever one chooses to call 'It'....i ate veryvery little maybe a half glass of orange juice in the morning.....a piece of toast during the day .....water.  when one is filled with Bliss and Knowledge....there seems to be no room for anything else....no desires exist for anything else.

sure we eat out of boredom ....we also eat because 'main stream society' says to do it.....there are pressures from the world,,,commercials for food/restaurants...u must eat in order to survive.   same reason we have persons out there with eating disorders.....because the 'main stream society' says that slim/skinny is beautiful....'sexy'.  Cry   one's weight should not determine their 'beauty'....it stems from within.

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
guest88
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2012 06:16 pm »

eating for me is sometimes a thing of celebration
i enjoy cooking and eating all kinds of food and experiencing different cultures spices and flavors
i think the sun is amazing but i simply love food X_X  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2012 12:57 am »

same reason we have persons out there with eating disorders.....because the 'main stream society' says that slim/skinny is beautiful....'sexy'.  Cry   one's weight should not determine their 'beauty'....it stems from within.

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi

Beauty is determined many ways. As many ways as there r relationships. What applies to one relationship may not apply to another. A women may love a man who is smaller than her although she usually favors men with broad shoulders and that is taller. i saw a man and woman kiss each other and the woman was much taller than the man.

Then there is a spiritual beauty. Isn't it possible to b sexy because u have a spiritual magnetism? Yes; i do think so. However we were talking about food. i suppose the conversation could b expanded to include how much we eat or how little we eat to be 'sexy'. What seems sexy may b different from person to person and relationship to relationship. i could think that i look better thinner and someone may think i look better with more weight.  i wouldn't b concerned about main stream society and its norms. If i really cared about someone and they thought i looked better with more weight on i would consider eating more. That is: If i wanted to b sexy to them- regardless of what society thought. The point is this: Sometimes we get certain ideas in our heads because of what has happened to us in the past. What we fail to realize is that our life is changing and so are the people in it. Let us not get caught up in the rut of our own thought patterns and remain open to the thought that others might see us totally different than we have thought and the way we have been conditioned to think.

As for loving food: i do not think that loving food is a bad thing. i just think it is good if we r less dependent on material things and more dependent on spiritual things. Just think if the food u loved was the manna from God. What a concept! This is just one person's opinion. There are as many opinions as there r people. There is no right or wrong. God made variety in his play and intended it that way. That is why we can enjoy all the variety in his creations and not get hung up on any set way of seeing things.  Smiley

Jitendra

eating for me is sometimes a thing of celebration
i enjoy cooking and eating all kinds of food and experiencing different cultures spices and flavors
i think the sun is amazing but i simply love food X_X  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 01:48 am by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2012 02:10 am »

I was once related a story from one of the followers of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

who, when engaged in a discussion about the merits of fasting, what to eat and what

not to eat, suddenly found his dear teacher Rinpoche, stopping for a local hamburger.

Upon eating it with relish before his horrified follower's eyes, he said between bites,

"Do not place so much importance on food."
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 02:12 am by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
flying squirrel

"in the state of wonderment"

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2012 08:54 am »

Hey Serena !  Cool

Thanx for sharing

sometimes makes you wonder about some of the Squisdom some of these ' spiritual teachers ' preach   Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 09:00 am by flying squirrel » Report Spam   Logged
flying squirrel

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2012 08:59 am »

Then there is a spiritual beauty. Isn't it possible to b sexy because u have a spiritual magnetism? Yes; i do think so.

Hey ! I'm too sexy for a spiritual squirrel, LOL !   Grin Cool

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 09:01 am by flying squirrel » Report Spam   Logged
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2012 10:05 am »

sometimes makes you wonder about some of the Squisdom some of these ' spiritual teachers ' preach   Grin

Rinpoche was listening to his followers argue on and on about eating.  I think that his action was indeed wise.
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
yoshi

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2012 03:13 pm »

for me.....enjoying food very much or even loving it is not 'bad'.  i just realize it for what it is and stay detached from it.  dont want my 'love' for pizza bringing me back to this 'place'  Grin Wink  when my soul leaves body 'this time around'....i want consciousness to be focused upon god...not the food i am leaving behind from this world, so i am then drawn back here instead of to god <3<3<3

one's who are close to spirit / god / soul.....emit or radiate a certain magnetism,,,,blissfull - peacefull - loving magnetism....which can be mistaken by another for 'sexual magnetism' / or a love other than Divine.  especially if the one being drawn / magnetised is on a different 'spiritual level'.

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi
Report Spam   Logged

~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
flying squirrel

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2012 03:33 pm »

Squirrel enjoys pizza too  Grin

I am detached from it

leaving it on my plate

til I decide to eat it !  Grin Cool

Report Spam   Logged
yoshi

« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2012 03:38 pm »

I was once related a story from one of the followers of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

who, when engaged in a discussion about the merits of fasting, what to eat and what

not to eat, suddenly found his dear teacher Rinpoche, stopping for a local hamburger.

Upon eating it with relish before his horrified follower's eyes, he said between bites,

"Do not place so much importance on food."

_/\_ good story....  thank u serena for relaying it to us.... Smiley Smiley Smiley  _/\_

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi
Report Spam   Logged

~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2012 02:01 am »

Rinpoche was listening to his followers argue on and on about eating.  I think that his action was indeed wise.

i get it Serena It is so nice to have u with us! Sometimes u have to resort to the most unusual methods to shake people out of their sleep and confused minds! No better way then to do something completely contradictory to your teachings to break others out of conformity to certain practices that amounts to law. There is really nothing that is permanent in this creation; even our most treasured beliefs and practices.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Laughing Goose

Goose me till I'm blue

« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2012 07:37 am »

Squirrel enjoys pizza too  Grin

I am detached from it

leaving it on my plate

til I decide to eat it !  Grin Cool

Hey Squirrel you might think you are detached from it but I dd the dishes. It was stuck to the plate and I had to use a scouring pad too get the cheese off. I think you must have micro waved it to the plate. I guess hoarding nuts and saving pizza for the winter fall into the same category.  Grin

Laughing Goose
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2012 08:25 am by Laughing Goose » Report Spam   Logged

'Awaken to the sound of Geese farting in the morning fog'....Loose Goose
elfunrocker
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2012 11:15 am »

Eating out of habit may include rabbit....yum tastes like chicken! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2012 07:18 am »

Eating out of habit may include rabbit....yum tastes like chicken! Cheesy

U must b very careful of what u speak Elfunitis the rabbilopes will jump on u all over while the chickens will pluck out every feather that u have accumulated for all the chickens u devoured.

The Judge of the animal kingdom.  Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2012 08:43 am by Jai Guru~Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: