Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 04:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Developing relationships with others.

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing relationships with others.  (Read 2222 times)
Shannon
« Reply #15 on: Jan 27, 2016 08:52 pm »

Hi Steve - glad to know you haven't had such experiences online.  It can be pretty frightening.  Surely other women know what I am talking about.  A percentage of the population is mentally ill.  I tend to attract such folk  - because I seem so 'nice'.  Lol.

Peace Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2016 09:04 pm »

Hi Steve - glad to know you haven't had such experiences online.  It can be pretty frightening.  Surely other women know what I am talking about.  A percentage of the population is mentally ill.  I tend to attract such folk  - because I seem so 'nice'.  Lol.

Peace Smiley

Oh! Not that i don't attract mentally ill people. i think i'm a magnet (Hilarious laughter). It just takes longer to find out--in my experience-- and its better to find out as soon as possible! (more laughter). i have had a lot of true to life experiences and stories!!!!!!! In many ways i have been called to 'help' such people. That is probably why i served in mental health for years. But...... i have seen some duzzies that work in the field. Much of the time it is difficult to separate the clients from the mental health staff!! Now there's a place u really find that everyone has their own personal sort of craziness!!! Having a Masters or Doctorate in the field by no means makes u immune. Perhaps i just have learned, to some degree, (no pun intended) to understand my own personal form of craziness over the years. It's a good thing u know... to know your own...that way u can avoid inflicting it on others!!

Women experiencing challenges? Try men who have had women call the police and make up false charges against you because they feel scorned. It works both ways dear one! Surely men know what i am talking about! A woman rejected in love can be very angry and dangerous. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. There is nothing as unpleasant as a woman who has been offended or whose love has not been returned.  Angry

Believe me. If it wasn't for advice from spiritual friends i still might not have completely recognized the harm some women have tried to do to my life and reputation behind the scenes. But shouldn't we be fair...both of us and admit that we are working out a lot of karma this life?  Cry

<That is quite evident to me about you and myself>  Lips Sealed We have chosen this path before coming into this incarnation. That was our destiny and that is why we are evolving so quickly.  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2016 11:08 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Shannon
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2016 02:13 am »

Oh yes, I am definitely working out karma this life - every life I hope.  And sincerely, I would not presume I am evolving quickly.  Not at all.  I am not even a decent yogini.  Kindness and helping others is part of a meaningful life, but haven't you ever been in a situation when you thought you were helping but you were in fact in dangerously way over your head?  I once slept with a baseball bat under my bed for a year, terrified of someone (a devotee no less) I thought I was 'helping' through friendship.  There is Love, but then there is psychotherapy.  Lol.  When I became a mom, I realized there is a difference between putting yourself out there, and putting yourself out there recklessly. No, call me a coward but it makes more sense to at least try to stay off the radar of those who might harm you becuase they live in an alternate reality.  Don't get me wrong.  In life, I still have 'fringy' friends.  I don't expect people to be perfect.  We are all a little imbalanced in different ways - me included.  But at least in regular, physical life, you have a lot more clues about a person.  The vibration is stronger - and weird quirks are more evident.  On the web, one can be blindsided.  People present themselves in a calculated way.  I use my instinct and intuition both in life and on the web.  My intuition is still not clear about you, Stevie-boy!  Ha ha.  For the past few years I have leaned toward your being a nutcase because of various things you've said - and a certain vibe -  but then there is the music, and an underlying possibility that maybe you're alright and I am overly guarded.   Not sure.  God is constantly pushing me.  Maybe time will tell.   :-)
Report Spam   Logged
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2016 02:51 am »

Oh yes, I am definitely working out karma this life - every life I hope.  And sincerely, I would not presume I am evolving quickly.  Not at all.  I am not even a decent yogini.  Kindness and helping others is part of a meaningful life, but haven't you ever been in a situation when you thought you were helping but you were in fact in dangerously way over your head?  I once slept with a baseball bat under my bed for a year, terrified of someone (a devotee no less) I thought I was 'helping' through friendship.  There is Love, but then there is psychotherapy.  Lol.  When I became a mom, I realized there is a difference between putting yourself out there, and putting yourself out there recklessly. No, call me a coward but it makes more sense to at least try to stay off the radar of those who might harm you becuase they live in an alternate reality.  Don't get me wrong.  In life, I still have 'fringy' friends.  I don't expect people to be perfect.  We are all a little imbalanced in different ways - me included.  But at least in regular, physical life, you have a lot more clues about a person.  The vibration is stronger - and weird quirks are more evident.  On the web, one can be blindsided.  People present themselves in a calculated way.  I use my instinct and intuition both in life and on the web.  My intuition is still not clear about you, Stevie-boy!  Ha ha.  For the past few years I have leaned toward your being a nutcase because of various things you've said - and a certain vibe -  but then there is the music, and an underlying possibility that maybe you're alright and I am overly guarded.   Not sure.  God is constantly pushing me.  Maybe time will tell.   :-)

I tell ya honey ya'al been a hecklin' away when ya shoulda joined me in the corn fields back home where that there Stevie-boy.well ya know he's been a corn huskin' and even smoken some of that there corn silk with me one day. We'al got to talkin' about milkin' the cows and a baling some hay. Y know those there Barns getta pretty hot in the summer in the top where we put the bales of hay. But he kept on a workin till it was through and we gota havin' one of those shindig parties that led us to getta knowin just who we are and where we've been. I'll tell ya there ain't a better laugh i go outta dat der boy. Shove your panties and yo sniffle snuffers in bag and ride out to the ol farm and join us for the corn huskers convention next year. That a way ya'll won't be a mistakin' the vibes ya'al been smellin' round the fringe. Ya know honey ya'l got to be a Nut Cracker to get in a Nut Case. Ya'll just remember what ol Beady told ya. Ya hear? i've been round a few years and i can smell fruitcakes a mile a way.

Beatrice Landcaster
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2016 08:00 am by Beatrice Landcaster » Report Spam   Logged
b
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2016 04:31 am »

ANNAMALAI SWAMI - FINAL TALKS

Question: 'All is one' may be the truth, but one can't treat everything in the world equally. In daily life one still has to discriminate and make distinctions.

Annamalai Swami: I once went for a walk near the housing board buildings [government flats that were built in the 1970s about 300 metres from Annamalai Swami's ashram]. There was a sewage trench on one side of the building. I could smell the stench of the sewage even though I was a long way away. I stayed away from it because I didn't want to be nauseated by the bad smell.
In circumstances such as these you don't say, 'All is one.
Everything is the Self,' and paddle through the sewage. The knowledge 'everything is the Self’ may be there, but that doesn't mean that you have to put yourself in dangerous or health-threatening places.
When you have become one with the Self, a great power takes
you over and runs your life for you. It looks after your body; it puts
you in the right place at the right time; it makes you say the right
things to the people you meet. This power takes you over so completely, you no longer have any ability to decide or discriminate.
The ego that thinks, 'I must do this,' or, 'I should not do that,' is no
longer there. The Self simply animates you and makes you do all the things that need to be done. If you are not in this state, then use your discrimination wisely.
You can choose to sit in a flower garden and enjoy the scent of the blooms, or you can go down to that trench I told you about and make yourself sick by inhaling the fumes there.
So, while you still have an ego, and the power of discrimination that goes with it, use it to inhale the fragrance that you find in the presence of an enlightened being. If you spend time in the proximity of a jnani, his peace will sink into you to such an extent that you will find yourself in a state of peace.
If, instead, you choose to spend all your time with people whose minds are always full of bad thoughts, their mental energy and vibrations will start to seep into you.
I tell you regularly, 'You are the Self. Everything is the Self.' If this is not your experience, pretending that 'all is one' may get you
into trouble. Advaita may be the ultimate experience, but it is not something that a mind that still sees distinctions can practice.
Electricity is a useful form of energy, but it is also potentially
harmful. Use it wisely. Don't put your finger in the socket, thinking,
‘All is one.'
You need a body that is in good working order in order to realise the Self. Realizing the Self is the only useful and worthy activity
in this life, so keep the body in good repair till that goal is achieved.
Afterwards, the Self will take care of everything and you won't have to worry about anything any more. In fact, you won't be able to because the mind that previously did the worrying, the choosing and the discriminating will no longer be there. In that state you won't need it and you won't miss it.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016 08:58 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2016 12:53 pm »

i am starting to remember the chants i used to sing at SRF. It would b nice to be round other SRFers to sing them. Some of them r very visual in nature. But often spiritual songs of my own seem to pop up in my head so they r part of my consciousness always. No doubt my desires will manifest as they do seem to quite often. God seems to spare me those that r not so good. That is what i have found. There is divine protection. It surrounds us. Ask for divine protection dear friend. God will protect u from forces that have disturbed you. They will mysteriously b taken out of your life.

Others may need your help for a time. Today i was in a restaurant and a waitress told me 'i am so glad i met you!' i am glad i met her also. She was receptive to my spirit. If others r not u may just let them go. Sometimes u just have to b honest with others. They may not like what they hear. But it will take away the fear of new people coming in your life. Life moves on. It brings to us people and circumstances. Everything that comes to you comes from the Masters. Embrace it and see it as from God. There is no need to fear life. Everything is for a purpose. Even those things that have been very difficult. Somewhere some how we have created them. But as Babaji has told us... just a little bit of practice of Kriya will spare us from 'dire suffering and colossal fear.'  All is well. There is so much beauty and wonder around us that is entering our life daily but we ourselves often shut it out with our own preconceived ideas, notions and social conditioning. i have no idea sometimes why these words come to my mind. They come from some where else at times. They are just as much for me as u or anyone else that may b listening.

There are people who r dangerous and treacherous. It is a mistake to think that the intentions of everyone that comes in our lives is good. But to always b on guard is to forfeit the blessings that come into our lives. Listen to the kindness offered by others and ignore the hell that some have created for themselves. If they truly want your help.... U may have to help from a distance. But some of them will want something you cannot give them. If you tell them that and they still can't accept it you will have to let them go and tell them they must go until they  have genuinely changed their attitude or perhaps u yourself have found that yours also needed changing. If you find yourself around people who mistrust you and your intentions; It is often because you yourself mistrust the intentions of others. If you cannot trust the intentions of those around you it is often because you cannot trust your own intentions.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2016 01:39 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SI

« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2016 12:56 am »

That is probably why i served in mental health for years.

Were you kind of like one of those nurses on one flew over the cuckoos nest?

If it wasn't for advice from spiritual friends i still might not have completely recognized the harm some women have tried to do to my life and reputation behind the scenes.

Sorry you went thru whatever it was.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2016 01:09 am »

I once slept with a baseball bat under my bed for a year, terrified of someone (a devotee no less) I thought I was 'helping' through friendship.

Wow!

People present themselves in a calculated way.

Too true, it's one of the only tools I have to talk with other spiritual folks. Or am I?

My intuition is still not clear about you, Stevie-boy!  Ha ha.  For the past few years I have leaned toward your being a nutcase because of various things you've said - and a certain vibe -  but then there is the music, and an underlying possibility that maybe you're alright and I am overly guarded. 

Me too! Jus kiddin
Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2016 01:28 am »

On the web, one can be blindsided.  People present themselves in a calculated way.

exactly right, this is the way i feel whenever typing or presenting my case to a client when i'm trying to sell something.

calculated... i like that

Steve checks out with me! ^_^ then again, i'm not a female  Grin Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2016 01:53 am »

Grin. Lol.  The internet is excellent for connecting with others you share something in common with - especially if those things are unusual for where you physically are.  Not everyone is scary - or scared! I am a special (basket) case due to over exposure, ha ha.  I have met just 4 people in life whom I encountered first through online boards. All four turned out to be pretty much as they were online.  I think they felt that I was, too.  It isn't all smoke and mirrors.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016 01:54 am by Shannon » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: Jan 30, 2016 02:54 am »

i see i am under scrutiny these days. May i ask why?.... i do not even have a potential relationship. At least no one has indicated it to me. i am fortunate for my friends though!
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
b
« Reply #26 on: Jan 30, 2016 03:50 am »

I think we are all under scrutiny at all times and therefore should behave as best we can (no one is perfect). Even the masters, however great their reputations, are scrutinized - often viciously. It is only wise to be careful about who one interacts with in life, whether online or off. I truly believe there is some exchange of mental energy that happens in every relationship we have.

On another note, I think there are more threads going than there are people on this forum. These conversations are very hard to follow as you forget which thread the discussion was under. I see I have been made a moderator. If this was true, I would have merged these topics. I don't really intend to do any moderating here though, but thanks anyway for the priviledge.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016 03:53 am by b » Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #27 on: Jan 30, 2016 03:54 am »

i am starting to remember the chants i used to sing at SRF. It would b nice to be round other SRFers to sing them. Some of them r very visual in nature. But often spiritual songs of my own seem to pop up in my head so they r part of my consciousness always. No doubt my desires will manifest as they do seem to quite often. God seems to spare me those that r not so good. That is what i have found. There is divine protection. It surrounds us. Ask for divine protection dear friend. God will protect u from forces that have disturbed you. They will mysteriously b taken out of your life.

Others may need your help for a time. Today i was in a restaurant and a waitress told me 'i am so glad i met you!' i am glad i met her also. She was receptive to my spirit. If others r not u may just let them go. Sometimes u just have to b honest with others. They may not like what they hear. But it will take away the fear of new people coming in your life. Life moves on. It brings to us people and circumstances. Everything that comes to you comes from the Masters. Embrace it and see it as from God. There is no need to fear life. Everything is for a purpose. Even those things that have been very difficult. Somewhere some how we have created them. But as Babaji has told us... just a little bit of practice of Kriya will spare us from 'dire suffering and colossal fear.'  All is well. There is so much beauty and wonder around us that is entering our life daily but we ourselves often shut it out with our own preconceived ideas, notions and social conditioning. i have no idea sometimes why these words come to my mind. They come from some where else at times. They are just as much for me as u or anyone else that may b listening.

There are people who r dangerous and treacherous. It is a mistake to think that the intentions of everyone that comes in our lives is good. But to always b on guard is to forfeit the blessings that come into our lives. Listen to the kindness offered by others and ignore the hell that some have created for themselves. If they truly want your help.... U may have to help from a distance. But some of them will want something you cannot give them. If you tell them that and they still can't accept it you will have to let them go and tell them they must go until they  have genuinely changed their attitude or perhaps u yourself have found that yours also needed changing. If you find yourself around people who mistrust you and your intentions; It is often because you yourself mistrust the intentions of others. If you cannot trust the intentions of those around you it is often because you cannot trust your own intentions.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply, Steve.  I think you have spoken wisely, and I appreciate it - it isn't just coming from you, either, though you are surely one of the messengers.  Spirit is speaking too.  Have you ever read the book Hinds Feet on High Places?  It is a beautiful story about transformation.  The main character is a crippled young girl named Much Afraid who follows the Good Shepherd to the High Places though her foot is clubbed and the journey is steep.  Everyone has challenges to overcome.  I am passing through a deeply reflective and emotional glen on my way to the mountain at this time.  I cannot emphasize enough the depth of this phase, most of it inwardly driven as it needs to be.  You must not read too much into anything I say or don't say at this time, because it is transitional and I am so deeply focussed on what is brewing inside - processing - that all else barely registers.  A butterfly in its cocoon is not aware of the sun that shines on it, yet it unfurls its wings and flies in its own time - once that old shell is no longer useful.  

I think you are a good person.  Have never said otherwise.  Sharing fear is part of the new me opening up.  In general, I only share the good and strong parts.  But that has not served me very well in the past.  As you know, everyone needs their own time for comprehension.  You cannot just tell someone something.  They have to live it or observe it for themselves. My sharing with you the inner wondering of wether or not you are a 'nut' is not meant to be derogatory or mean.  It is respect, the puppy showing its under belly, a person being honest about where they are at.  If I did not care or question at all, I would not come here.  So!  That said, let us lighten up, okay?  If you are already light - super!  I am a little heavy sometimes.  You know my chart. Bless you and your owls, and your music.  I am off to tuck the kids in bed. Peace -
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: Jan 30, 2016 04:04 am »

I think we are all under scrutiny at all times and therefore should behave as best we can (no one is perfect). Even the masters, however great their reputations, are scrutinized - often viciously. It is only wise to be careful about who one interacts with in life, whether online or off. I truly believe there is some exchange of mental energy that happens in every relationship we have.

On another note, I think there are more threads going than there are people on this forum. These conversations are very hard to follow as you forget which thread the discussion was under. I see I have been made a moderator. If this was true, I would have merged these topics. I don't really intend to do any moderating here though, but thanks anyway for the priviledge.

Sorry i must have a hard time counting... let me see 2 4 8 16 32 something like that. But it seems to me that there are more people then threads. Ha Ha You were chosen for your looks b. Its that new cactus look that's so contagious. About the scrutiny: 'When this you see remember me and please don't judge me too harshly.' It seems like to me that the best scrutiny we can do is on ourselves.That is the only place we can do some real changing and improving. Hey if you want perfection your looking in the wrong place- out there and in me.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016 04:23 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: Jan 30, 2016 06:01 am »

I tell ya honey ya'al been a hecklin' away when ya shoulda joined me in the corn fields back home where that there Stevie-boy.well ya know he's been a corn huskin' and even smoken some of that there corn silk with me one day. We'al got to talkin' about milkin' the cows and a baling some hay. Y know those there Barns getta pretty hot in the summer in the top where we put the bales of hay. But he kept on a workin till it was through and we gota havin' one of those shindig parties that led us to getta knowin just who we are and where we've been. I'll tell ya there ain't a better laugh i go outta dat der boy. Shove your panties and yo sniffle snuffers in bag and ride out to the ol farm and join us for the corn huskers convention next year. That a way ya'll won't be a mistakin' the vibes ya'al been smellin' round the fringe. Ya know honey ya'l got to be a Nut Cracker to get in a Nut Case. Ya'll just remember what ol Beady told ya. Ya hear? i've been round a few years and i can smell fruitcakes a mile a way.

Beatrice Landcaster

hey beady

Those corn silk smokes were too much. u have some stiff tastes. Smokin them was like smokin a strong cigar. I've got a nut cracker but the nut cases i'm talkin about are the ones that are already cracked. Never had a chance to go crazy on them. They went crazy on me. They went ballistic. Never even had romance with them. The spin-doctor in their head let them know about me before they even got close to knowin' about who i was. When we let spin doctors control our decisions we end up living a life in our heads instead of what really is out there in reality.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2016 06:51 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: