Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 03:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Christ Conscious Center, Kutastha, third eye etc.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christ Conscious Center, Kutastha, third eye etc.  (Read 4688 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #45 on: Oct 05, 2017 01:56 pm »

Resurrecting this thread, but the spiritual rewards we've been promised by the great saints are too hard to achieve, objectively too difficult.

Time to quit? Nope, but when there is no reinforcement, no positive feedback, meditation just becomes a grinding along without real enthusiasm.

I don't know what's wrong with me or with Raja Yoga, maybe nothing, maybe it's just supposed to be a boring grinding along and Yogananda wrote his book just as an enticing supersalesman. He was successfull and I'm very glad I bought his teachings and went thru his discipline, but I imagined something far more lively than this meditative dullness.

I believe that u r going thru a temporary period. We are all satisfying desires here on this planet. When our desire for spiritual growth and understanding is uprooted by other worldly desires the gurus help us with those as well and we are exposed to others with similar desires. It is not that you are not making progress and finding people with similar aspirations because i have some of the same struggles u have. I think we just expect too much when our thoughts and consciousness is still very materialistic. Yet we find others who have made some progress as limited as it may seem. If we cannot or do not continue our association with others of like mind and aspiration we are likely to fall further into worldly associations.

Please consider someone who has found enlightenment. It is important to associate with those who can lift us out of our own despair and and spiritual doldrums. Amma will be in Italy next month. I believe being in her presence will help you. It always exposes me to spiritual inspiration and lifts me out of self indulging despair. Being around materially minded people day in and day out can thwart are spiritual progress and dull our spiritual awareness. If we have not made sufficient progress on our own we may at times find ourselves on a spiritual oasis amid a vast spiritual desert around us. This can be discouraging and we often have to reach out to others and recognize help when it knocks softly at our door. It is important to continually bring the presence of others of like mind into our orb as well as asking for the help of the great ones. Our thoughts and moods are often great barriers to spiritual unfoldment. These have been present for many incarnations and such samskaras are not so easily removed as we comfortably fall back into the amnesia of our previous habits of many incarnations.  Yet we come to have more compassion when recognizing that changing our thoughts is not as easy as it may seem. Having friends like u here brings out the highest qualities in me as well.

Thank-You
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2017 02:51 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: