Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Christ Conscious Center, Kutastha, third eye etc.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Christ Conscious Center, Kutastha, third eye etc.  (Read 4677 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2015 02:38 am »

Steve thanks for reminding, we can never talk too much about the SE, the Spiritual Eye.

If we were able to concentrate constantly on that while carrying out our duties we would already be within the saints.

I appreciated all you post and this part I find particularly inspiring and is what I'm goign to practice, at least trying to practice:

Brother Bhaktananda used to take care of the gardens at self realization fellowship. Paramahansa Yogananda would walk in the gardens. he would come up to him and say: every now and then lift your eyes and say that what your doing is for God and Guru. it is 1 way to connect with God.

I think our job will carry power that way.

If we have a job which is not mental rather physical, we can draw coordination, efficiency or simply work with a blissful mind.

If we are committed to an intellectual job, we can receive inspiration and creativity. connecting with God means connecting with his infinite creative power, which will flow back from the mind to the results of the job. I'm firmly convinced about that.

Often our duties r so all consuming and intense that we loose our spiritual practice during the day. This has been my personal observation.

I also believe that as spiritual aspirants our minds have a tendency to belittle or take too lightly the experiences we may have and to take our physical and material life more seriously.

I have found myself seeing things in the spiritual eye and hearing things with my spiritual ears that I can easily write off as imagination. While it may be important to recognize that we can believe things that are not true because of our imagination... i still feel that the boderline between imagination and true spiritual experience is often not as distinct as one would think.

After some understanding of the subtle nature of spiritual experiences I have recognized that each one of these experiences is noteworthy and we should continue to feel enthusiastic when they occur. They inspire us to continue in our practice.

We are fortunate to have meditation techniques that help develop our spiritual awareness. I am encouraged to be around others such as mccoy who make a concerted effort to practice and discuss such things as the spiritual eye.
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2015 02:46 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2015 02:59 am »

I have found myself seeing things in the spiritual eye and hearing things with my spiritual ears that I can easily write off as imagination. While it may be important to recognize that we can believe things that are not true because of our imagination... i still feel that the boderline between imagination and true spiritual experience is often not as distinct as one would think.

Imagination vs. true spiritual experience, hard to say isn't it? Is imagination something that is formed in the mind, or is it coming in thru the same spirit (or thought?) channel that a real spiritual experience does? Or is a spiritual experience something that forms in the mind as thought just like imagination?

And who can really tell another how this really works, just because someone has true spiritual experiences and talks a great talk, maybe it is all their own imagination that they believe so hard in, it manifested as something very spiritual?
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2015 12:25 pm »

SI, there is no other proof than subjective proof, and that can be indeed tainted by imagination.

On the other side, there are minds which can by nature (not my case) or by development (my case I reckon) analyze in an objective way such episodes and assign an objective degree of reliability to their objective existence.

In other words, I can remember all the past occurrances of supernatural episodes in my life (not all of them glamorous many subtle) and assign subjective degrees of reliability to them, often using an objective bayesian procedure. The bayesian method has been formulated by Reverend Thomas Bayes in the late 17th century and has been recognized to be the way human reasoning often proceeds.

We have an a priori probability, which depends on the objective knowledge in that field.
We have an empirical probability (likelyhood), which depends on data collected
We have a posterior probability,   mathematical conditional combination of a priori and likelyhood function.

I may come up with a posterior probability that describes the degree of reliability of such supernatural experience (the probability that it is indeed objective and not a figment of my own fantasy or imagination).

I'll start up with a 50% priori, which means total neutrality; the experience has the same probability of being true or false. This because I want to start in the less biased way as possible. I may also change the priori, for example, noticing that I was in a very lucid and objective state of mind, no influences, so the a priori probability was less favourable to imagination.

The critical analysis of the experience, any connection with hard evidence or the lack of it, can yield a likelyhood score, always expressed in unitary likelyhood: zero= experience imagined; 1 or 100% = experience absolutely true and objective.

I don't know if you guys followed me but, when I have time, I may prepare a very simple calcsheet based on the conjugate normal priors by which anyone can apply such method.

I'd like to score some of my past experiences. It is crucial that the evaluator, ourselves, be objective, critical and not influenced by the outcome.

Some of my past supernatural experiences woudl score a very high degree of probability of being true.

For example my experience of seeing with the astral sight while sleeping.
Or my experience of being X-rayed by a clarvoyant who told me an anatomic detail she would have never been able to know in other ways.

Some others would rate low. For example my seeing or dreaming the devil pretty often as a young boy.

Subjective spiritual experiences are more difficult to rate, as Steve implies since they are often tenuos or subtle. The best discrimination should apply there.

As soon as I'll prepare the spreadsheet I'll publish it here with a case history.
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2015 12:29 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
SpiritImage

« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2015 08:15 pm »

Interesting, I guess it would also depend on the reliability and accuracy of remembering what happened.

In the world of audio, some claim that they remember what something sounded like years ago, and swear they have either acquired that sound again or will never hear it like that again. The argument is how can they reliably know without a doubt what they experienced long ago, taking into consideration current physical & mental abilities and matching with past physical & mental abilities, as one parameter for example.

Also thanks for sharing some past experiences, you & Steve and others have so many it seems of these little episodes, and I have basically none. Am I not advanced enough or are these apparitions apprehensive about me? When I was younger I used to dare in my mind ghosts or satan or whatever to show themselves, and knowing that if that happened, it would only further prove God's power/existence, so maybe I'm left alone.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2015 02:07 am »

Interesting, I guess it would also depend on the reliability and accuracy of remembering what happened.

In the world of audio, some claim that they remember what something sounded like years ago, and swear they have either acquired that sound again or will never hear it like that again. The argument is how can they reliably know without a doubt what they experienced long ago, taking into consideration current physical & mental abilities and matching with past physical & mental abilities, as one parameter for example.

Also thanks for sharing some past experiences, you & Steve and others have so many it seems of these little episodes, and I have basically none. Am I not advanced enough or are these apparitions apprehensive about me? When I was younger I used to dare in my mind ghosts or satan or whatever to show themselves, and knowing that if that happened, it would only further prove God's power/existence, so maybe I'm left alone.

i believe that like anything else... a lot of it is the law of association. Want to be a musician or a sports jock. U need to associate with such people see what they fo... what they practice... be influenced by their aura... their vibration. So i have spent many years around spiritual people... around saints.. i have spent many years watching what they do. I practice many things they practice. It helps. It rubs off a bit.

That is one important reason I had this idea about this forum. It is time to give back what I have gotten. You'll have some of these experiences Jeff. It will happen. There are many initiations we go thru in life. Developing the right attitude towards practice and life is essential. I have found that this preparation continues for me. I see how I have changed as a spiritual being. This is the most important thing to recognize. To look back and see that you are a different person. You have such a different response to lifes drama and other people's actions.

I see that happening in you Jeff. It is nice to see that progress. That self evaluation. That ability to be receptive to others. That subtle humility that recognizes we have so far to yet go and we want to be receptive. We want to listen. Because we know that each moment is one more chance for our enlightenment and a truer understanding.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2015 02:08 am »

i believe that like anything else... a lot of it is the law of association. Want to be a musician or a sports jock?....
 U need to associate with such people...see what they do... what they practice... be influenced by their aura... their vibration. So i have spent many years around spiritual people... around saints.. i have spent many years watching what they do. I practice many things they practice. It helps. It rubs off a bit.

That is one important reason I had this idea about this forum. It is time to give back what I have gotten. You'll have some of these experiences Jeff. It will happen. There are many initiations we go thru in life. Developing the right attitude towards practice and life is essential. I have found that this preparation continues for me. I see how I have changed as a spiritual being. This is the most important thing to recognize. To look back and see that you are a different person. You have such a different response to lifes drama and other people's actions.

I see that happening in you Jeff. It is nice to see that progress. That self evaluation. That ability to be receptive to others. That subtle humility that recognizes we have so far to yet go and we want to be receptive. We want to listen. Because we know that each moment is one more chance for our enlightenment and a truer understanding.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2015 02:21 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #21 on: Dec 01, 2015 07:47 am »

i believe that like anything else... a lot of it is the law of association. Want to be a musician or a sports jock?....
 U need to associate with such people...see what they do... what they practice... be influenced by their aura... their vibration. So i have spent many years around spiritual people... around saints.. i have spent many years watching what they do. I practice many things they practice. It helps. It rubs off a bit.

Well, from some of the reports I have read from many people, some of the experiences I could do without. So hopefully only the best will rub off. Maybe I will get thru just one day and will be able to say, that battle was completely, concisely, perfectly won.

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: Dec 02, 2015 07:33 am »

Well, from some of the reports I have read from many people, some of the experiences I could do without. So hopefully only the best will rub off. Maybe I will get thru just one day and will be able to say, that battle was completely, concisely, perfectly won.

i could not agree with u more SI. Sorry if some of my experiences  effect u adversely. Perhaps your strong points will influence my weaker ones!
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Dec 02, 2015 07:45 am »

Steve thanks for reminding, we can never talk too much about the SE, the Spiritual Eye.

If we were able to concentrate constantly on that while carrying out our duties we would already be within the saints.

I appreciated all you post and this part I find particularly inspiring and is what I'm goign to practice, at least trying to practice:

Brother Bhaktananda used to take care of the gardens at self realization fellowship. Paramahansa Yogananda would walk in the gardens. he would come up to him and say: every now and then lift your eyes and say that what your doing is for God and Guru. it is 1 way to connect with God.

I think our job will carry power that way.

If we have a job which is not mental rather physical, we can draw coordination, efficiency or simply work with a blissful mind.

If we are committed to an intellectual job, we can receive inspiration and creativity. connecting with God means connecting with his infinite creative power, which will flow back from the mind to the results of the job. I'm firmly convinced about that.

That quote by Brother Bhaktananda keeps coming back.
The power of thought to influence behavior and habit is amazing.

Once i heard Amma say something. She said 'The Master and devotee are one." It was like a zen koan. It opened up my heart chakra. It was so imbued with her power. i know you will never underestimate your courage and resolve to practice looking and being in the third eye mccoy. It has strengthened my own practice.

Ever since I read that u said that Paramahansa  Yogananda said it is one of the quickest ways to spiritual realization. I forgot the exact words but wouldn't mind hearing them again if u can remember.  More frequently... i practice the higher kriyas which develop seeing the chakras and the third eye. Similarly part of Amma's iam technique does also.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015 07:50 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: Jan 15, 2016 08:08 pm »

Here i am not speaking of ghosts. i would say that i am very fortunate to have jyoti mudra and the higher kriyas to start getting glimpses of the lite which i am speaking of here on this thread. Even though they may be at first physical in nature we can still have something to focus r awareness on. If we see nothing at times we will still have  moments of intense peace that well up from the souls deep well of inspiration. Keeping our eyes in an upward gaze helps in access to these realms. Letting the eyes drift below an even level brings us to subconsciousness and sleep. If u do not even access these moments remember i was in the same place when i first started meditating. It seemed like only drilling and practicing.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016 07:48 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2016 10:52 pm »

Keeping our eyes in an upward gaze helps in access to these realms. Letting the eyes drift below an even level brings us to subconsciousness and sleep.

Good advice, though I have never drifted off while meditating, my eyes do tend to forget.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2016 07:22 pm »

I recently read something that mccoy wrote:

In page 1097 of the SCOC the great Master Paramhansa YOgananda writes:
Often it's not possible to have a good meditation. Getting up early for work; household chores; kids; sleepiness; restlessness.
Whereas it's always possible to center on the spiritual eye.

Keeping our eyes in an upward gaze helps in access to these realms. Letting the eyes drift below an even level brings us to subconsciousness and sleep.

Good advice, though I have never drifted off while meditating, my eyes do tend to forget.

U r really fortunate in this sense since many of us- including myself- have had to wrestle with nodding off and sleep during meditation. Meditation is a relaxing practice which makes it easy to relax too much.

Gazing at the third eye can be done while taking a shower, going to the bathroom, brushing teeth, eating, driving as a passenger in a car etc. It is a good practice to get into.

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 07:31 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SpiritImage

« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2016 12:57 am »

U r really fortunate in this sense since many of us- including myself- have had to wrestle with nodding off and sleep during meditation. Meditation is a relaxing practice which makes it easy to relax too much.

I guess I am trying to remain aware instead of sliding into a trance or something like that. When meditating, feeling energy and serenity, for me, I'm fully aware and vigilant. A very interesting balance that takes half the time spent to get to.
Report Spam   Logged
Shannon
« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2016 03:14 am »

I often meditate before bed after the kids are in theirs - when I am less likely to be interrupted.  By that time, my body is tired!  Often I am sleepy.  I find it helps to shower first - a shower is invigorating, and staves off sleepiness a bit.  I also like the ritual of getting 'clean' - almost as if for a date, or special event.  I sit with my hair wet, but my body relaxed and put in my twenty or thirty minutes.  Often my back hurts, even after all these years, becuse my posture is awful; too much time spent in front of computers! But I try not to think about that and do my best.  My meditation space is beautiful, and private.  It helps SO much to have a little corner set aside just for that.  Years ago, the only place I had in our home was an extra bathroom nobody used.  I had my meditation space set up in the bathtub!  it was perfect.  Ha ha.  These days I use a corner in my bedroom, but it is lovely and set-aside - there is nothing to do in that space but that which it is meant for.  After, I go to bed - but even in bed, I continue the meditation and drift off to sleep communing with God.  The older I get, the more I realize we have to be kind to ourselves and do our best.  Maybe God would prefer I spend an hour with an erect spine, sitting in lotus position!  But, I am sure He is pleased by whatever I do, as long as I do something.  Nodding off is a problem, but falling asleep with God is also a very good thing to do.  No?  We cannot all be monks! 

Loving Him is Like That

Have you ever slept next to an ocean -
Felt the breatheless awe
of unending space
So close to your beating heart?

Loving Him is like that -

Waking, soaring with gulls
Knowing the day will be special
For having slept near something so

Vast
Rhymthic
Comforing