Spiritual Portal
Jul 17, 2018 05:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Steve Hydonus' music on MySpace!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite part of Autobiography of a Yogi

Recent Items

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: āya

Views: 16
Comments (0)

Views: 12
Comments (2)

Views: 11
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite part of Autobiography of a Yogi  (Read 227 times)
āya
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: Jul 12, 2018 05:04 am »

While I am not yet finished with the book, and feel I must go back to particular chapters to comprehend the nature of a spiritual reality better- I have found this line by the Levitating Saint quite humorous and profoundly deep for any of those who walk the path....

“Master, you are wonderful!” A student, taking his leave, gazed ardently at the patriarchal sage. “You have renounced riches and comforts to seek God and teach us wisdom!” It was well-known that Bhaduri Mahasaya had forsaken great family wealth in his early childhood, when single-mindedly he entered the yogic path.

“You are reversing the case!” The saint’s face held a mild rebuke. “I have left a few paltry rupees, a few petty pleasures, for a cosmic empire of endless bliss. How then have I denied myself anything? I know the joy of sharing the treasure. Is that a sacrifice? The shortsighted worldly folk are verily the real renunciates! They relinquish an unparalleled divine possession for a poor handful of earthly toys!”

I am also reminded of this line from Two Penniless Boys in Brindaban where Yogananda is put to the test by his brother Ananta
"You well know, Ananta, I seek my inheritance from the Heavenly Father."
"Money first! God can come later! Who knows? Life may be too long."
"God first! money is His slave! Who can tell? Life may be too short."

....._^_ <3<3<3 Yes, this book is a blessing which I hope to keep close to my heart.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2018 05:19 am by āya » Report Spam   Logged

~Peace~

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: