Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 01:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite part of Autobiography of a Yogi

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite part of Autobiography of a Yogi  (Read 1337 times)
Goldwolf

« on: Jun 12, 2009 12:35 pm »

One of my favorite parts of the book Autobiography of a Yogi is when Lahiri Mahasaya meets his Angelic guru, the King of Yogis. I like when in the book it says tigers howled nearby, but ,my heart was free from fear.

Does anyone else have a favorite part that they would like to share?
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2009 11:01 am »

One of my favorite parts of the book Autobiography of a Yogi is when Lahiri Mahasaya meets his Angelic guru, the King of Yogis. I like when in the book it says tigers howled nearby, but ,my heart was free from fear.

Does anyone else have a favorite part that they would like to share?

Jai Guru

Could you tell me where this is in the Autobiography?

As for me: i would definately have to say 'The Resurection of Sri Yukteswar' and 'Kriya Yoga' : Those two chapters. Because the chapter 'The Science of  Kriya Yoga' inspired me to take the lessons and get Kriya. It is the one technique that finally started opening me up to experiences with the inner life. The chapter on the 'Resurection' helped me understand how much more there is to this creation and other levels of creation: The material world, the astral world and the causal world and how we can work on these levels in our own lives and manifest them in our activities here on earth. We can thank God for this whole book which in no uncertain tems took us out of the dark ages and into a higher state of existance. With that knowledge we have the keys to open the doors to our own spiritual upliftment and evolution. For this we can be grateful.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2009 11:42 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Goldwolf

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2009 08:59 am »

Hey Steve. I thought I was so smart starting this thread but I failed to state why I like the said part in the great book. The area this part is in the Materializing a Palace in the Himalayas chapter 34, the third page close to the bottom of the page.

Tigers howled nearby, but my heart was free from fear. I suppose that I like this part because by the grace of God I became fearless when I was eighteen I think. I had a spiritual experience before I finished reading Autobiography of a Yogi the first time I was reading it (I have total read it six times, I plan on read # 7 after I reveive Kriya initiation). Years before my spiritual experience as a young boy not even ten years old I drown and saw the other side. The good place. Because of these two blessings I became fearless, I try not to be egotistical about it.

I found the story of how Lahiri Mahasaya met his angelic guru Babaji so majical. Even as I read AY the first time the story seemed so real. The part I mentioned was one of the parts that just stood out to me. Autobiography of a Yogi is an incredible book. I never doubted any area of the book, not even once. Every time I read AY it motivated me to start back meditating. Time and time again I let the world beat me down. I thank God that nowadays because this little frog never gave up I have, in a sense, hopped out of the pail. I am starting to see the world as a dream. Without divine assistance such as my being led to AY and to actually read it I would not have begun to see the nature of human beings as holy. True union with spirit, as Yoga is, is a path that many continue to come to because of our beloved Autobiography of a Yogi.

Now that I think about it, this forum is for me divine assistance. There are other boards, good ones, including one that is huge, but for some reason this one for me is the most comfortable. I'll still wander the Web but this isn't a bad hang out at all. It is a church in a sense. There are certainly people who frequent this board who could make a good holy person, like a priest or priestess. We all learn from each other. Even if someone doesn't learn anything for years it helps to read from or participate with friends on the same path.

If anyone who reads this post has not read Autobiography of a Yogi I encourage you to do so. In addition to being a spiritual journey of true greatness there is adventure as well as a little humor. Taking it one step further, if one were to read Autobiography of a Yogi and then take Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons and practice then for 100 days that person would know for certain there is a God. Very rarely in todays world can a person be offered proof of the devine power. Reading the mentioned spiritual classic is the first step. I wish you the best my friends.

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2009 11:40 am »

Now that I think about it, this forum is for me divine assistance. There are other boards, good ones, including one that is huge, but for some reason this one for me is the most comfortable. I'll still wander the Web but this isn't a bad hang out at all. It is a church in a sense. There are certainly people who frequent this board who could make a good holy person, like a priest or priestess. We all learn from each other. Even if someone doesn't learn anything for years it helps to read from or participate with friends on the same path.

Goldwolf i think it is like a magnet. We are all building up that same magnet with our presence. We are stronger in numbers and we help each other with a common goal.

Steve Hydonus

Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Goldwolf

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2009 11:41 pm »

This mission just got even more impossible. Just joking. Kind of an inside joke. You have to watch the special features for the movie Mission Impossible 2 to get that one. I don't know if that is even as funny as the whole Surrender Kitty thing. I read the name a couple of times but just didn't know what it meant. Once the mystery came to life it cought me off guard. I didn't know what to think.

The beauty of the great classic Autobiography of a Yogi is that after the book is over, it isn't over. I have the video The Life of Paramahansa Yogananda. To me this seems a continuation of certain material in AY or supplemental material. What is the continuation of the classic in our own lives? How can we day by day live by the ideals presented in this book that are the foundation of Self-Realizaiton Fellowship? We are part of the first or second crop of Yogis harvested as good fruit from SRF and the blessed line of gurus. What seeds will we plant for future generations? Surely we will plant in fertile ground so that the harvest of the next century and others to follow will be unstoppable as it is written. Even if we only do a litte, we did something. I'll do my part, I'm sure you'll do the same, let's keep it movin.

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2009 09:51 pm »

Goldwolf i reread the section you are referring to. It is said that a little practice of Kriya Yoga will save one from dire suffering and collosal fear. Also that just chanting the name of Babaji with reverence bestows an instant blessing. Thanks for directing me back to this story to remember.

Jai Guru
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009 07:19 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Goldwolf

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2009 12:35 am »

Hey Steve.

I suppose I was in a hurry, the full title of the SRF published video is The Life of Paramahansa Yogananda The Early Years in America (1920-1928). Also I'm sure you meant to write reverence and not reference.

I sometimes concentrate on the divine images of the great masters. I try to see some area of myself that I can improve. I suppose this type of study helps at least a little.

I know that I read somewhere in Autobiography of a Yogi that Babaji guards all sincere Kriya yogis. I'm on my way so I hope that includes me as well.

I'm sure that you can understand where I'm coming from Steve @. I'm changing. Hearing countless waterfalls of divinity every time I meditate is having a good, actually holy effect on me. It is true that when one experiences the "word of God" one repents. Also the technique of concentration does it's job alongside the OM technique. It works.

Yes my friend, a little practice of this sacred lost found art that I am approaching will save me from death. My dream body is entering a golden age of miracles. I have comfort, knowing, that at will I can rest in the arms of the Dragon *.

I pray that the King of Yogis will bless our lives for our devotion.

* Calling God the Dragon is a result of "Goldwolf" watching the movie Excalibur numerous times.
@ I'll send you my full contact info "Steve" soon, soon enough, or sooner than that, should be getting a cell phone by August 1st!
& Posting these p.s. notes is myself copying the style that notes are used in AY. This is done respectfully in light humor, may God bless our lives.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2009 07:22 am »

Hey Steve.

Also I'm sure you meant to write reverence and not reference.

Thanks for the correction Goldwolf. i have been reading this section that inspires you with much interest. The latest finding i had i will add to the 'Dreams' section of our forum.

Steve Hydonus
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
miracleman

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2009 03:02 pm »

DEAR GOLDWOLF HAS NICE QUITE HARMLESS WHITE FANGS

YES I GOT THE OPPERTUNITY TO SEE A FILM "WHITE FANGS" BASED ON A BOOK BY JAMES LONDON
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN WOLF & HUMAN WAS EXIHILARATING,TO SAY THE LEAST,PROVIDING THE VIEWERS A RARE SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE !
Report Spam   Logged
Goldwolf

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2009 04:30 am »

Hello everyone, greetings Miracleman. I just might be harmless. Before the power of God I can do no more than an ant and even less than that.

I'm actually an ascertive person. I used to be a bit more aggressive in the past but now that I'm older I see no sense in the macho attitude

I wrote down the White Fangs movie name, thank you. I'm taking a wild guess that you might like the movie Hero featuring Jet Li. There is another movie called Hero so beware of imposters.

By the way, have you read Autobiography of a Yogi yet? If I were to be reborn and could recieve as a gift one book to save me from darkness AY would be that book.

Report Spam   Logged
prabhatsinha

« Reply #10 on: Aug 01, 2009 09:38 pm »

Hi Gold wolf!
What is your age? please tell me more about yourself?
prabhat
Report Spam   Logged
miracleman

« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2009 09:52 am »

yes goldwolf
we are bit curious
afterall a wolf is a mean animal
nothing to with spirituality !
Report Spam   Logged
Goldwolf

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2009 11:12 pm »

Hello everyone. Hello my friends prabhatsinha and miracleman. Sorry for the late reply. Prabhatsinha and Miracleman, the questions you ask me lack love, therefore how can I respond with an answer that would satisfy you? I say this to you my friends. I wish you the very best on your path, seeing that you come to me not as friends, as a man with virtue I say I forgive you and I hope that this may change in the future. I wish you the best my friends.

Now to attempt to answer your questions. My age is forever, as I am noble, I will always have good karma. A little about myself. I feel it is better to die than to do the wrong thing. I feel that what is best in life is to love and be loved.

You may be curious, my friends, I may or may not know why. I suppose, my friend, it can be said that a wolf is a mean animal having nothing to do with spirituality if the new testament is of the shepard and sheep. I pray my friend that you remember the old testament as the wolf being spiritual, sometimes the good till the land for the greater good. A fact in nature is that wolves seldom attack humans, but who knows, this Goldwolf may be a mean animal if cornered, otherwise he is surely a gentle giant.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. Farewell for now my friends. May our Lord God Bless us all.
Report Spam   Logged
prabhatsinha

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2009 06:50 pm »

Hi Gold wolf!
I am sorry fo the inapropriate question I have asked to you.
Prabhat Sinha
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2009 08:19 am »

i think it's best to take things with a light heart. No one met any harm. When we start taking things too personal we really make this world toooo real. i hope no one has done that.

Steve
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: