Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Fire Walk with Me

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Walk with Me  (Read 1272 times)
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« on: Jul 27, 2012 09:59 pm »

Someone said to me that that the fire walk doesn't burn your feet mostly because of the infinitesimal layer of ash on the coals insulates your feet along with walking swiftly limits your feet's exposure to the extreme heat, rather than your ability to focus or "self hypnosis."  I haven't followed this recent event in the news closely, but I decided to ask my brother about his Tony Robbins fire walk, taken  years ago in the mid 1980s; I had questions about how exactly it's done.  He said that he walked about 15 feet altogether and that "They have someone walk alongside of you." outside of the corridor of coals.  I asked him about it because my impression was that people in the burning incident were walking in a little different format... maybe as a large group, one right after another.  Could that be?    My brother said that "they told you not to hesitate and to repeat the mantra, 'cool moss.'"  I wonder if the recent group (over 1,000 people) that had people badly burned was so large  that it impaired some participant's ability to focus...  what if there were people in the corridor with you and they hesitated? 

More on my brother's experience:  "I didn't want to go, after all it was $400, but another person I knew in [his profession] kept saying how good it was and that it worked.  There were about 300 people and the seminar was "Conquering Your Fear."  We were told to bring 3 fears but I only brought two:  my fear of dogs - I'd been bitten twice badly - and my fear of big waves, like 15 feet or larger (he's a surfer).  My brother said that during the seminar Tony Robbins used neuro-linguistic programming, taking the group through guided imagery, and a sort of hypnosis.  At one point all the seminar participants were lying down and my brother said "I already knew why I was afraid of dogs but not why I was afraid of larger waves."  "Suddenly", he said, "I remembered a time when I was about 14 and in Malibu when the surf was big. I was lying on my board, paddling up a wave when suddenly a guy riding a wave above me lost control of his board and it shot out from under him and hit me hard, right in my chest.  The next thing I felt was someone pulling me out of the water by my hair and up onto their board.  I had 3 cracked ribs."  I said to my brother, "You were saved from being drowned!"  "Yes." he said.  He then told me that after the seminar he was still cautious around big dogs but that he no longer felt fear around them and that he no longer felt afraid of big waves.  By the way, he said that during the seminar when he finally remembered why he was afraid of big waves - what happened when he was 14 and hit by the board and knocked out - the recollection was so intense and so surprising, he sat up (he was the first one to sit up - everyone else was still lying down) and Tony Robbins pointed at him. "He knew" my brother said, "that I had 'gotten it.'"

Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2012 05:34 am »

Interesting post Serena, thanks but no thanks on firewalking  Smiley

I am a little confused though on the fears part. Was releasing the fears part of the seminar hypnosis , or did walking across the coals have a connection to releasing the fears ?

Nitewish
Report Spam   Logged
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2012 08:34 am »

Evidently it is not just the insulation of the light coating of ash,
or walking quickly ~ that is, minimizing your contact with the coals...

it is the neuro-lingustic programming that Anthony Robbins assists the
seminar participants with that enables them to no longer be afraid of
their own particular fears.  My brother said that the "Fire Walk" across
the coals that is the culmination of the event is an expression of the loss
of the fears that one came to deal with.
Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: