Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 09:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Critical Thinking

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Critical Thinking  (Read 221 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Nov 19, 2012 12:28 am »

If we are not open to being introspective and looking at our own views from the view of others and in a self reflective manner then: How will we be able to improve ourselves in all ways including spiritual? However many people consider that they are being criticized when critical thinking is being used which is an important part of self improvement and understanding others and their views~Steve Hydonus

"Critical" in this context does not mean "disapproval" or "negative." There are many positive and useful uses of critical thinking, for example formulating a workable solution to a complex personal problem.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Within the philosophical frame of critical social theory, critical thinking is commonly understood to involve commitment to the social and political practice of participatory democracy, willingness to imagine or remain open to considering alternative perspectives, willingness to integrate new or revised perspectives into our ways of thinking and acting, and willingness to foster criticality in others.

Meaning

Critical thinking clarifies goals, examines assumptions, discerns hidden values, evaluates evidence, accomplishes actions, and assesses conclusions.

"Critical" as used in the expression "critical thinking" connotes involving skillful judgment as to truth, merit, etc. "Critical" in this context does not mean "disapproval" or "negative."
There are many positive and useful uses of critical thinking, for example formulating a workable solution to a complex personal problem, deliberating as a group about what course of action to take
,or analyzing the assumptions and the quality of the methods used in scientifically arriving at a reasonable level of confidence about a given hypothesis.

Critical thinking is a type of reasonable, reflective thinking that is aimed at deciding what to believe or what to do.[1] It is a way of deciding whether a claim is always true, sometimes true, partly true, or false. Critical thinking can be traced in Western thought to the Socratic method of Ancient Greece and in the East, to the Buddhist kalama sutta and Abhidharma. Critical thinking is an important component of most professions. It is a part of the formal education process and is increasingly significant as students progress through university to graduate education, although there is debate among educators about its precise meaning and scope.[2].

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2012 12:55 am by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
elfun
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2012 08:50 am »

I am all knowing and i feel it is not necessary for me to reinterpret and insinuate what another member may be thinking concerning their posts. LOL  Wink  If i may decide to comment about an entry by taking each section out of context and then stating what i feel that particular section means to the humanoid who posted it then i assume i would probably be 'stepping over the line' thinking i could just say whatever i thought about the content of the post and reinterpreting it my way. I don't feel expressing my own personal opinion on the forum as to what the meaning and intent of a post means according to my own humanoid opinion is proper forum etiquette and then acting like a 'know it all expert' in every field of spirituality and then expect that the other humanoids should then accept it as fact. Being open minded and inquisitive i feel is what we should be as humanoids. We certainly can learn from other humanoids but i feel Only God knows all and my knowledge or wisdom may also just be my own humanoid opinion because i assume i am here to learn like all other humanoids. Although we may still have some animal 'instinks' left over from past lives and we may say something that could sound kinda 'stinky'. But sometimes some may feel somewhat superior to other humanoids and animals and may think that their opinion IS the right one because they follow a particular spiritual path that they may feel is the ONLY pathway to 'hooking up' with the God source. Sometimes i think one may be following another humanoids pathway and it may be that God intended for that humanoid to walk that path alone because sometimes we need to see just one set of footprints in the sand behind us because sometimes we may need to just piggyback for awhile so we don't get sidetracked and fall into a ditch! Possibly the ditch could have some kind of past life animal like an alligator just waiting there for a free meal!!! Warning to all squirrels in the vicinity! I have seen a rental apartment burning because a humanoid was torching the hair off a dead squirrel for supper! Yikes!... Wink Grin  
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2012 08:58 am by Elfun » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: