Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 07:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

~attitude?~

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~attitude?~  (Read 142 times)
elfun
« on: Nov 18, 2012 11:54 am »

Your living is determined, not so much by what life brings to you, as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you, as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Note: Some other members here may have another opinion per other members postings on our forum but i find that some members just can't seem to just read them without 'expressing' themselves or finding some reason to interject their 'own' opinion sometimes without finding something to criticize about what is written in the post without not yet knowing it's intent. It would be nice that if someone feels the need to express 'their' own opinion that they could possibly do so in a more humble manner if they may have another opinion as to what was posted. NOTHING is written in stone! Sometimes things that people post are just somewhat generalized and are here for thought just in case someone may be able to read the post and find something that may pertain or have relevance to something in their own lives. The sharing of our 'spirituality' together here on the forum should be done without 'attacking' other members posts by expressing THEIR own personal opinion as to what THEY may think the post meant. It may have an entirely different meaning to the member that posted it. But by insinuation as to what the other member meant and to it's meaning by way of their own interpretation to that post becomes a 'judgement call' as to it's intent. But making accusations as to what the other member was thinking and then making a statement on this forum as to what the member was thinking per the post is unfair to the other members who post on this forum. God is the judge of truth and WE are not here to judge other members posts. If the posts are offensive in language or in some other manner that is offensive 'at' another member this will not be tolerated per this forum by the administration. That does also include those 'in' the administration in some form or another. Sometimes it seems that there are people that just feel the need to judge others and their opinions just have to be able to express their own opinion no matter what and it's kind of like they just want to start some kind 'argument' and that i feel creates negativity and that is NOT what this forum is about. It may be that they are wanting or are just needing attention in some form or another. By expressing their own opinion on the forum as what the other members meaning may be per the post is that THEY are trying to interpret it's meaning AT the other member. This forum will be inclusive to other members posts and opinions but NOT in a negative manner. This forum is here for others to share posts and contribute to the forum and it's our invitation to others to join the forum and hopefully become a member that can post something without some kind of personal judgment call per other members posts. If one feels the need to make an 'assessment call' and become THE judge as to the meaning or nature of the post  they should just maybe keep their opinion to themselves if they are not sure as to why the member posted it and to it's meaning and relevance to them. If your not sure as to what the meaning of the post is of the member who posted it then maybe they should just send a private message and ask the questions if one may feel the need to know more about the post and to maybe have a better understanding of the post. I do not feel it is proper way to act on the forum by posting a reply with an opinion that may be misinterpreted by another member as to the content of the post and what it actually means to the other member that posted it. It would probably be best to keep it to one self and allow others to just post and hopefully as i stated above, this forum will remain non judgmental of another members posts. Just enjoy their posts and if you find something in the post that may have some kind of relevance to your own personal life great, that is the kind of 'sharing' we do here. NO need to judge and then try to interpret the subject matter by giving 'their' opinion as to what the post represents. Members who come to this forum should feel free to post anything that may feel may have some kind spiritual meaning to them and if they feel they would like to post then they should not have to feel as though their post will be misinterpreted by another member and then have another member pass judgment as to the meaning of their post. I say just read it and if something in the post may help you see something in another perspective, great! If it is something positive and has love attached then feel free to post. This is what this forum is all about. To be inclusive to ALL posts and personal thoughts to be shared but without judgment and personal interpretation of the post and to the nature of a post. I say just enjoy our members contributing to the forum and sharing of their own 'spirituality' in whatever form that may be. As i stated before if you enter and come with love to be shared we become an even larger family of spiritual energy that is destined to reconnect with the God source of our being.... elfun bids adieu, "peace and love to all of you"!   Wink Smiley Cool
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2012 08:04 am by Elfun » Report Spam   Logged
yoshi

« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2012 05:41 pm »

** cheers elfun ! **    Smiley

love&hugs&om
yoshi

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2012 07:27 pm »

Your living is determined, not so much by what life brings to you, as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you, as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Note: Some other members here may have another opinion per other members postings on our forum but i find that some members just can't seem to just read them without 'expressing' themselves or finding some reason to interject their 'own' opinion sometimes without finding something to criticize about what is written in the post without not yet knowing it's intent. It would be nice that if someone feels the need to express 'their' own opinion that they could possibly do so in a more humble manner if they may have another opinion as to what was posted. NOTHING is written in stone!   Wink Smiley Cool

I find this to be true Elfun. Several times i have been criticized for my posts or i have just been censored for what i have said without asking about my post and it's intent or assuming that someone knows the intent. In some cases i can just be making an observation. i feel that there is a way to find out about things without assuming the worst about people's posts. It is nice when someone will call me and ask about my intent. That seems to be a kind approach but apparently some of us have a hard time communicating.

i admit to learning everyday about communication. Isn't that part of reason we are here? To learn from one another? i am not here to play teacher but also student. We are all students on the spiritual path not Gurus. i think that the members who offer the most in posts often get criticized the most. Sometimes i wonder if someone really wants me to post or respond. i am getting a bit gun shy in that sense and find it is better to stay distance from some others to be harmonious to their opinions. Especially if they can accept none but their own. Spiritually speaking: It should not really matter what others think of me but rather that i respect them and their views.

i want to say that i find many of your posts interesting though and like to think about them and by replying i can integrate there meaning into my own consciousness. In that sense i may not have the same thoughts about what you said as you did. When i write music and songs and poetry i often find that others have a much different interpretation of what i said than what i did. But it makes me happy that they got something out of it for themselves in the process. It interests me to know what others think of my posts and the meaning of the creativity that channels through me.

By the way i have found that people are for the most part kind and considerate here. i myself, have found no reason to criticize what others have said about me or my posts or take offense. Yet i know without a doubt that others have felt different about my posts and have taken offense. i suppose the best thing for me to do is remain open to the fact that perhaps i do offend people at times. i apologize out there if that has been the case. Sometimes, though, i wonder, is there anyway to please everyone? If we take offense too many times we must ask ourselves if it is a mark of ego and chinks in our armor.

We are all over sensitive in some regard. This is in reality ego manifesting to take too much offense to what others think of us. It shows difficulty in self confidence and self worth manifesting as a poor self image. No body really has the capacity to take away our self dignity when we connect ourselves with being God's children.

There is a term applied to conversing in spiritual circles and with/having different views it is 'critical thinking' i have posted about it under the topic 'critical thinking' because i believe it is an important approach to spirituality and philosophy. I believe it relates to what we have talked about at this post.

Steve Hydonus
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2012 07:57 am by Elfun » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: