Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 05:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Anger

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anger  (Read 2479 times)
guest88
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2016 09:27 pm »

and you think we are OLD? lol!!!  Grin Wink Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2016 03:39 am »

i know u r usually kidding around SI but if there is something u really want to know about u can ask me. Somethings r better left for conversations on the phone.

I wasn't really asking about anything, you mentioned if we were conspiracy theorists or psychologists. I hope I'm not.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #32 on: Mar 15, 2016 06:44 am »

i got angry last night and gave into it and got other people involved. it was a mess, i was pretty foolish

growing up my mom and sister used to tell me i have anger problems

a buddhist monk told me i have deep-seeded anger issues that may cause me to lose those closest to me

admitting i have an anger problem has been hard to face, im usually quite content and find it difficult to pin point the origins of the anger. holding it in though doesn't necessarily help and not doing anything makes me feel weak thus a momentary satisfaction in lashing out

followed by some regret

recognizing this is a step but not sure what more to do other then try to regain control which can be hard to do sometimes
i know i need more discipline which i'm practicing

i have found some very admirable qualities about you over the years. Very few people are able to identify and admit their own imperfections and then do so publicly. Very few people i have met have a enduring sense of seeing the good in others and having faith in others even though 'those others' may not be acting in a spiritual or kind manner. In this sense i take refuge in your vibrations and i am fortunate to have you/them with me. There are many things we are working on Eric.... sometimes all our lives. We all have our crosses to bear... our 'demons' to exorcise. You are just more honest about it.
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2016 01:08 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: Jun 18, 2016 05:22 pm »

Since I started this path my anger outbursts have been drastically reduced.

I'm not sure what kind of advice I have, except the last time it happened to me I felt so much different afterwards, (it really broke my serenity I was working on), there was a lot of energy in my head, but it was not the kind I wanted, but if I remember at that point I tried to expel it as it seemed it was something inside of me that at that point in time, since it was there within my grasp, I could then try to cast it out. I also take indian ginseng almost every day, great relaxer but adds energy as well.

Small irritations often lead to bad moods and anger. i agree with u SI...After we have been on the path for sometime anger outbursts r not only reduced but eventually they r completely eliminated. We then become more and more in tune with the small fluctuations of emotions and irritations in ourselves and others. These r all detriments to our spiritual practice and cause emotional turmoil and irritations in our meditation practice as well. If we analyze ourselves and others we become aware that these challenges occur most often because of living too much on the sense plane. People usually gravitate towards irritable angry and moody people or away from them because of their own self control or lack of self control. After a while we learn to avoid such types to protect our own spiritual development.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016 05:30 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: Jun 26, 2016 03:30 am »

Anger is like a forest fire-- it destroys everything in its path.... friendship, love, affection, peace of mind---- everything.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #35 on: Jun 26, 2016 08:57 am »

hello steve

ty for such kind words... -:)

cheers friend
Report Spam   Logged
kingfisher111

« Reply #36 on: Jun 26, 2016 08:52 pm »

I like what Thich Nhat Hanh says about anger.  To try to love it, like a child.

Anyway, acceptance of emotions and awareness is definitely the first step, and you should be glad when you can do that.

Maybe you find something useful in his words on the matter:

Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: Jun 27, 2016 08:49 pm »

hello steve

ty for such kind words... -:)

cheers friend

Amma says that every emotion has a vibration. If a man is 😠 angry with his wife....she in turn passes that anger to the children and the children spread that vibration to their classmates.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SI

« Reply #38 on: Jun 28, 2016 07:36 am »

Amma says that every emotion has a vibration. If a man is 😠 angry with his wife....she in turn passes that anger to the children and the children spread that vibration to their classmates.

We know this, if you're angry it permeates the air, it changes the vibe, others can change because of it. You have the power to make the situation go the way you want.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:30 pm »

I just hope we can remain friends with others and our friendship grows. My hope is to not burn 🔥 bridges. But one match can cause a forest fire.....and so anger can cause unimaginable damage to relationships of all kinds.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
ding dong

« Reply #40 on: Jun 29, 2016 10:15 pm »

lol
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: Oct 23, 2016 11:43 am »

I like what Thich Nhat Hanh says about anger.  To try to love it, like a child.

Anyway, acceptance of emotions and awareness is definitely the first step, and you should be glad when you can do that.

Maybe you find something useful in his words on the matter:

Art

When I first listened to this I did not recognize that only the questions were in a different language but when Thich Nhat Hanh answered he spoke in English. This topic is a very important one for people experiencing anger and for those needing to develop compassion. I believe that there are some very good answers here. I intend on spending more time listening again!

Steve Hydonus

P.S. you may also enjoy the video below. When we have anger we suffer. It is compassion to recognize such suffering in others. When someone is angry they cannot be happy. It is for us to listen. If we are happy we will not return anger for anger. We will have an entirely different approach. We will give compassion. If we do not have compassion to give we can start developing it.

There is a time we cannot agree with others and may even have to stand up and resist their ignorance. However we do not have to do so with anger but as a witness of our own behavior mindful of the fact that we at times must remain firm in our stance but always ready to listen to others...their pain their suffering... their anger.

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2016 04:12 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
guest88
« Reply #42 on: Oct 24, 2016 06:06 pm »

P.S. you may also enjoy the video below. When we have anger we suffer. It is compassion to recognize such suffering in others. When someone is angry they cannot be happy. It is for us to listen. If we are happy we will not return anger for anger. We will have an entirely different approach. We will give compassion. If we do not have compassion to give we can start developing it.

There is a time we cannot agree with others and may even have to stand up and resist their ignorance. However we do not have to do so with anger but as a witness of our own behavior mindful of the fact that we at times must remain firm in our stance but always ready to listen to others...their pain their suffering... their anger.

Great video. Great conclusions. Thank you. I can attest to this, that is, I live this every day when encountering angry people driving on the road. Some days my mood is so good when I witness an angry driver on the road and they choose to interact I simply get out of their way and not think twice on it. Other days, my mood is more cynical- my ego is large... when the same thing happens I will laugh at them or even give them their anger right back by putting on a show- hoping to excite them more so.

It takes a great discipline to master compassion and a greater drive to cultivate a sense of everlasting peace.

Thanks friend! 
Report Spam   Logged
the 10 moods of dr. kook

« Reply #43 on: Oct 25, 2016 03:52 am »

Great video. Great conclusions. Thank you. I can attest to this, that is, I live this every day when encountering angry people driving on the road. Some days my mood is so good when I witness an angry driver on the road and they choose to interact I simply get out of their way and not think twice on it. Other days, my mood is more cynical- my ego is large... when the same thing happens I will laugh at them or even give them their anger right back by putting on a show- hoping to excite them more so.

It takes a great discipline to master compassion and a greater drive to cultivate a sense of everlasting peace.

Thanks friend! 

Your comments made me smile I know there have being many times that other cars want to mate with me from behind. I slow down to let them. Although their enthusiasm seems to extinguish quickly as I slow down for copulation. What do you think Eric? Maybe they recognize just because I have light colored long hair doesn't mean I'm a woman and then there are the females who do it also. Perhaps I shouldn't attempt an explanation....just let them get up close to get a good look and shine them the moon. I'm not paranoid but my suspicions are confirmed. Like Trump I'm just a well liked man!

Dear Dr. Kook,

Is it paranoia when your suspicions are confirmed?

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016 03:58 am by the 10 moods of dr. kook » Report Spam   Logged
guest88
« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2017 06:44 am »

Yogananda offered that
"Anger arises from thwarted desires."

Thwarted means we attached to "expectations of a specific outcome", and were let down when it did not happen that way.

I continue to strive to understanding how to stop the cycle -- that attachment...

1). It seems perfectly natural to have an "expectation",
-- having an expectation does not seem contrary to Truth or Harmony - not at least on it's own,
I think this because God's Creation (this Universe) is ruled by LAW of cause and effect,
and God gave us a mind and reason and such to see "possibilities",
and even see the "probability" of a specific "possibility" arriving outwardly in events.
(I.E. - to expect)

2). It seems the issue is with "attaching" and "specific"
 (not remaining pliable and flowing)...
{  this "attachment to a specific outcome" is what gets me...  it is what sets me up for the rollercoaster ride !  }

For example, if someone cuts me off in traffic,
Do my thoughts and emotions boil up ?
Do I send 'dagger eyes', bad vibes their way, and bring up a wall of seperation ?
Do I have to understand why -- because sometimes it seems best to give the "why" to "God"... and not think we have to bring some justice by our reaction on the road, etc.

BUT Yogananda also advises that we should not be a door mat -- do not "bite", doesn't mean we shouldn't "hiss" in a measured manner.

&&&&&&&&&&&&
do we simply say,
"God, you are expressing in that one... I don't have to understand why, but goodness what a show, what a fuss! "
"Maybe they are a clock worker trying to get to work, or to pick up a child, or distracted by a headache, or work issue..."

Do we think how tough it must be for that person to live in their own close-looped energy ?     ( I used to experience mild road rage and more aggressive driving -- it's a terrible place to be -- I remember it made me unhappy to be like that...  )

But when it comes down to it... we have to guard ourselves -- and God will move us away from those persons and situation that are not resonate (i.e. - that are negative).   We do not, and should not be a door mat...   compassion for one's center is also very much a core path...   

Anyways,,   just sharing some of my life's observations...
Cheers,

Most of us have to deal with anger sometime in our life.
We may not express anger outwardly yet we are very aware that is is arising within.
It is due to frustrated desire. So how do we deal with frustrated desire?
Many times in life things are not going to go the way we would like them to.
This is part of the reason we are with other people; God has put us all together
and then said; "now let's see how you get along"?

Some people express their anger differently of course. As a matter of fact sometimes we find that people will take
a very different course of action because of their anger .  To satisfy themselves that they are
not angry  it is because of the person they feel who created difficulties that they have taken this covert action.
This sureptitious action only complicates the relationship further.
What webs we weave for our selves that entangle ourselves.

So how do we confront our own anger? Perhaps one of the best ways is to be patient
With ourselves and at the same time expressing ourselves because otherwiise
we will be like a hot pan of water with a lid on it: Ready to bubble over at anytime.

Like usual meditation is a good way to distance ourselves from anger because we observe
our feelings rather than getting embroiled in them. Yet we still need to communicate with
the other person we are angry with. We do not dissolve karma by treating others cold,
leaving them or expressing overt anger towards them. Karma between two
individuals exists because of a close relationship developed in the past.
We may think we can dissolve our feelings by taking convoluted actions
but eventually they will catch up to us.

Jitendra

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intention of throwing it at someone else.
You are the one who gets burned.

Buddha

Going back to these post is nice. I’ve been festering and having trouble letting go. At least now I can momentarily dissolve this ruminating and wicked impressions by understanding anger from a detached perspective. See I’ve been trying to rationalize things but I don’t think I was finding any solution because my ego gets in the picture, which is so easy to do when you are so closely involved with another. Then I go back to what the monk told me about meeting my soul mate and possibly losing the relationship if I don’t let go of my anger. I can’t say if I’ve met my soul mate yet or, if there even is such a thing but it makes me happy to read your advice with exercising patience. I don’t want to be resentful or feel lonely and I don’t want to care about a falling out. I know you suggested talking it out with the other party but there’s a time and a place for everything. Me personally I’m ready for the independence without the heartache lol. when the time comes I don’t want to run someone away because we had a bad falling out. And I mean that with most of my friends who have decided to leave or friends I may make down the road. Don’t mean to digress too much or sound ungrateful for my current situation... getting healthy again in the meantime and it’s wonderul- this post is just to say that I get bothered every now and then and haven’t been able to let go of anger or whatever other negative attributes I’ve concluded to be ego. I say some of it is healthy but then there’s holding on for to long Huh? Shrug
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: