Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 05:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Iodine- Has Mans Diet Changed?

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iodine- Has Mans Diet Changed?  (Read 319 times)
guest587
« on: Oct 02, 2022 03:41 am »

Iodine is considered an essential mineral- but man does not produce enough iodine on his own. Has Man always been iodine deficient or has man deviated from Gods natural creation?

Iodine is an essential mineral you must get from your diet.

Interestingly, your thyroid gland needs it to produce thyroid hormones, which have many important responsibilities in your body (1Trusted Source, 2).

The recommended daily intake (RDI) of iodine is 150 mcg per day for most adults. For women who are pregnant or nursing, the requirements are higher (3).

In fact, one-third of the population is at risk of deficiency, particularly those who live in areas that have only a small amount of iodine in the soil, including European countries (1Trusted Source).

Iodine deficiency can lead to swelling of the thyroid gland, known as goiter, and hypothyroidism, which can cause fatigue, muscle weakness and weight gain (1Trusted Source, 2, 4Trusted Source).

This article explores 9 iodine-rich food sources that can help prevent a deficiency.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/iodine-rich-foods
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2022 11:01 am »

Eric, AFAIK, iodine deficiency can be a problem usually only in vegans.

Seaweeds are not an optimal source because Iodine content can vary widely, possibly being too much and making damage instead of being beneficial. People have had their thyroid damaged by iodine excess.

The other suggestions in the article sound good, like the easiest way to avoid iodine deficiency is to use iodized salt, as cited in the linked article.

Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2022 03:41 pm »

Do you wonder why God would have us dependent on something our body can not produce on its own? 
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2023 10:26 am »

Do you wonder why God would have us dependent on something our body can not produce on its own? 

I don't know, God made us dependent on material food, which is hard to obtain sometimes and that we cannot produce on our own. That is part of the curse of living on a matter-dependent planet.
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2023 05:07 pm »

I'm not so sure about that. I don't consider being here a curse. I believe mother was gracious enough to allow us the opportunity to learn the lessons this planet, nature and duality have to offer. Eventually we will recognize this planet and all that is outside as belonging to One.

That is my personal belief, and I do not expect you to agree, respectfully.
Report Spam   Logged
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2023 08:47 pm »

I'm not so sure about that. I don't consider being here a curse. I believe mother was gracious enough to allow us the opportunity to learn the lessons this planet, nature and duality have to offer. Eventually we will recognize this planet and all that is outside as belonging to One.

That is my personal belief, and I do not expect you to agree, respectfully.

Eric, I agree with your considerations, but I like the word 'cursed' in this context, meaning we are cursed by our own karma to live on this planet where we witness many hellish conditions.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: