Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 09:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Belief

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Belief  (Read 201 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Nov 25, 2014 10:43 am »

It is never a question of belief. The only scientific approach one can take on any matter is whether it is true.

Such words from the Jnanavatar left me breathless when I read them the first time.

They are of such a startling simplicity yet undisputably true. Our beliefs count for nothing, the universe goes on notwithstanding them. Thruths are what they are, they don't need our belief or recognition.

This sentence is invaluable, priceless, of inestimable Worth.

People may not believe in a spiritual reality. Yet such a reality exists, utterly impervious to the beliefs of the skeptics., who usually do nothing to investigate the matter in any depth.
Before Christopher Columbus, people believed the earth was flat. The earth was a geoid, regardless of the common beliefs of that age.

Whenever people tell me: " I do not believe that" I laugh and retort: "the objective reality minds nothing of your beliefs".

Belief in today's world is quite scarry. Because so many people believe they are rite. Look at the war it has caused and all because of the mind and what it believes. Yet at times we must take a stand and fight for a belief when it is apparent to us that a group of peoples beliefs or someones beliefs are detrimental to spiritual progress and compassion to ourselves and others. Often in that struggle we learn something about our own beliefs. On the other hand belief can be a very beautiful thing. We can believe that we can manifest something and if our belief is strong enough we can manifest the object or quality of our belief.

When we get together with other people are beliefs are challenged and often need to be revised. Often we do not recognize that what we assume to be true is quite often what we believe. Yet our reality is only ours it might not be someone elses. This is a very humbling thought and experience. Our beliefs are constantly changed by our encounters with other people. I have learned so much about my own beliefs by being around people who see things differently. I constantly witness God using others to make us look at ourselves and our beliefs. Sometimes we are forced to change our beliefs in the face of new expanding realities and sometimes we are strengthened in our own beliefs by seeing the illusions of other people's beliefs.

Many people define their reality by their non belief because it limits their ability to experience. Many many times i have witnessed that. Life and the expansion of consciousness is so much determined by our ability to except the fact that we have limited ourselves greatly by our personal values and beliefs and our ability to be receptive to new views about reality as they emerge in our awareness. That is what I have lately believed mccoy and therefore have found myself experiencing.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2014 11:23 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: