Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Kindness

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kindness  (Read 675 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Dec 19, 2012 09:16 pm »

i have found that people who are innately 'fanatical' about certain lines of thought and religious views will cling to various paths. For instance there are: Christian fanatics and Yoga and Moslem fanatics etc. Self-appointed Masters or people who let a little knowledge get to their head. Isn't the first and foremost  quality of a Master humility? How do we gain this quality?

Closely related to this is the topic: Kindness. It seems like being spiritual should include kindness. It does not mean just because we follow a certain line of thought or a certain spiritual view that we are also kind. For instance: being a meditator does not necessarily make a person kind and loving. Nor does being  vegetarian do this. There are many old souls who are more loving then myself who do not meditate and are not vegetarian. i am just working at my spiritual aspirations. i do not claim to be anything special; like a teacher or guru. Yet we do have the capacity to become much more than we ever imagined and various ways towards that goal will help us get there faster (and even in this life time).

Yoshi  Smiley : So yes i agree with you: we can become one with God. Why would you think that i do not believe this to be so? None of us are 'ordinary souls'. We all have a uniqueness to give to the world. However, it is also important on the spiritual path to not decieve ourselves into believing that we have overcome things we have not. i have spent time with you Yoshi and i know that like me; you still have a lot of body identification to shed.

So i have tried to respond to your post below. Since you have told me you do not believe it is personal in nature and did not seem to think it important to discuss it personally instead bringing it up on the forum. i find it a challenge to anticipate your reactions because i feel as though i have crossed over personal boundaries when you tell me so in private (that i have done so publically) yet when i recieve the 'green light' to speak freely on the forum you may have a problem with what i say. What is one such as myself to do? Sometimes i wonder if i should just ignore your responses since as you know; you are welcome to discuss them in person.

i wonder. though...with some people we look into a mirror of our own expectations and our  own fantasies that we have created. The intensity just helps it become clearer. There is nothing so personal as what comes out of our minds imagination to create and the personal element of relationships make them each different and unique in their own way. You can backdate a computer that is not working, to obtain information from a previous time before things went awry. Yet there will still be information lost. But try to backdate relationships to a previous time before there was a personal element is another matter. Human beings are not computers and they move forward in development with all the past that came between them, all the future yet to create and the present to experience.

kindness to you thru God, Christ and Gurus .......

Jitendra

just as we have babysitters for our human children....god has sitters for 'his-her' souls....

(((love hugs om)))
yoshi

yes, god's love is with us always...no matter what.  we are souls first and bodies/human second. was not christ a soul in body/human form ?  yes...and he loved us as god does.  there are souls in human body ( other than christ or gurus or saints )that are capable of loving one another as god does...they love us no matter what.

it seems to me that u think that only ones of christ stature can Realize god or are One with god....that no 'ordinary soul' can be One with god.

one can be One with god....alone or with others, just like the quote from christ above says.

some of his disciples left their loved ones behind and were Realized / or became Realized ( last , first ) ( who were last in line to follow christ but were able to shed body realization  )....some of his disciples left their loved ones behind and did not Realize ( first, last )( who were first in line to follow christ but did not shed body realization)....

some souls who incarnate...have very little to no body consciousness yet come here to finish / burn the last of their karma. 

love&hugs&om
yoshi

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2014 04:38 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2014 03:37 pm »

In the past i have defended some others  I saw being bullied by another person and/or devotee(s). Yet sometimes it is dificult to hiss back when someone has already released their venom. When the damage is already done. When a devotee has called the police on another devotee for something they did not do. When they are told to "Get over it" as an explanation for their behavior. When a devotee refuses to speak to another devotee. When a devotee is ostracized by another devotee or one devotee is osratcized by several others. When a devotee has defamed or tried to ruin the reputation of another devotee. When a devotee fires another devotee from a job without explanation. When a devotee refuses to see what has been done for them to help them. When a devotee is picked and picked at by another devotee who feels they know what is 'good for someone else.' When a devotee thinks they are a minature guru and can therefore mete out spiritual lessons to other devotees. When a devotee thinks they 'know whats best' for another devotee. When a devotee uses another devotee and then discards them. When a devotee refuses to acknowledge another devotee. When a devotee tries to forcefully remove another devotee from a forum or a SRF church. When a devotee will not speak to another devotee. When a devotee yells or slanders or uses vulgarity towards another devotee. When a devotee will have it no other way but their way without trying to find a compromise or a solution.

All these things i have seen being involved serving and meditating as a kriyaban for over 40 years. I have found a lesson in it for myself. Just being a devotee of a certain path does not assure us that we are around friendly people. Sometimes the Lord wants us to recognize that having friends and kindness can be found everywhere and is not isolated to a certain path or spiritual discipline. Having a certain idiological or spiritual view as for instance-SRF-or being on a certain forum or having a certain guru is definately no assurance of finding kindness. Many times we find that people join such spiritual groups having very rigid views and their rigid views only become more calcified in these type of spiritual environments-not necessarily a healthy combination!

Sometimes the darkness is so great in those near to us that all we can do is pray for them and be that small star in a dark nite in their life. If they ever choose to get closer to that star they will see their darkness disappearing and the whole horizon will begin again to be filled with lite. Being that lite in the darkness is something we must accomplish by changing ourselves. Easy to say. Not so easy to do. In the process we gain a lot more understanding and compassion for others who are trying to do the same.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2014 12:30 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2014 12:34 pm »

I was very fortunate to be in the presence of some very kind souls through the years. One of them was Brother Bhaktananda. We all have our individual lessons in life.  Each person's is different and is given what is needed. I remember the story of Brother Bhaktananda telling Paramahansa Yogananda: 'There is no leadership here.' (Speaking of being at SRF.) The Master replied: "You be the leader." and he became an incredible leader by exemplifying humility. This is quite a story. Think of it. To be in the presence of Paramahansa Yogananda and say such a thing. Yet there is quite a lesson for us here as well.

If i have difficulty finding kindness then i should show and create kindness. We must be leaders our selves by creating those qualities we see lacking in others. It is helpful to see that others are doing this as well and I do see this taking place. Most importantly i have found that what we are looking for in ourselves and others is not always where we would hope to find it but we may  find such qualities in unexpected remote places and people.

Jitendra
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2014 05:32 pm »

“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior,
like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes it's easier to practice kindness with strangers.  My mother used to say, "Say something nice to someone - make their day."  It might be acknowledging the checker at the market, engaging them with eye contact, making a comment about their good job, and saying "Thank you." for their help.  Or, if I reach down and pick up something someone else has dropped,  or pick up trash on the sidewalk, or while driving, giving someone the right-of-way.

Small acts of kindness like these, either done by me or someone else, serve to elevate my state.  Of course the small acts of not-kindness, the "me first" attitude serves to generate the opposite, bringing me down, whether it be an act of my own, or say, someone cutting me off in traffic. 

But, it's when no one else is around that I feel I see myself the most... if I volunteer to make the world a little bit better by cleaning up, picking up that bit of trash, I do feel a little something. 

Remember that bumper sticker?  "Practice random acts of kindness." ?  That's a positive suggestion!

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2014 05:36 pm by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2014 10:32 pm »

Steve, I still find very strange that devotees may behave in a way so similar, or worse than, materialistic people. Maybe those cases you cite stand out just for that and I hope they are an absolute minority.

Serena, right, as supposedly spiritual people we should definitely contribute to a more friendly social environment and just ignore those 'me first' examples, maybe laugh about them.
Report Spam   Logged
nincompoop
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2014 01:47 am »

Ramana Maharshi said, "What one does to another one does to one's self. When you realize this, there is no question of mistreating others." [paraphrased]

If we just could know our true Self-interest, "me first" would not cause harm. It is because we don't know where are best good actually lies that we create unnecessary trouble for ourselves.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2014 01:49 am by nincompoop » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2014 08:22 am »

“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behavior,
like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes it's easier to practice kindness with strangers.  My mother used to say, "Say something nice to someone - make their day."  It might be acknowledging the checker at the market, engaging them with eye contact, making a comment about their good job, and saying "Thank you." for their help.  Or, if I reach down and pick up something someone else has dropped,  or pick up trash on the sidewalk, or while driving, giving someone the right-of-way.

Small acts of kindness like these, either done by me or someone else, serve to elevate my state.  Of course the small acts of not-kindness, the "me first" attitude serves to generate the opposite, bringing me down, whether it be an act of my own, or say, someone cutting me off in traffic. 

But, it's when no one else is around that I feel I see myself the most... if I volunteer to make the world a little bit better by cleaning up, picking up that bit of trash, I do feel a little something. 

Remember that bumper sticker?  "Practice random acts of kindness." ?  That's a positive suggestion!

Serena it is so nice to have your presence here again. I still have a storage area in California i need to attend to. Hope to see you here again soon and eventually there also. You must have had a wonderful mother!
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2014 01:55 am »

Steve, I still find very strange that devotees may behave in a way so similar, or worse than, materialistic people. Maybe those cases you cite stand out just for that and I hope they are an absolute minority.

Serena, right, as supposedly spiritual people we should definitely contribute to a more friendly social environment and just ignore those 'me first' examples, maybe laugh about them.

mccoy my experience with devotees is that they run the gamut of behaviors from saintly to demonic. Yet what you usually find is that those who claim to be devotees and have difficult behavior problems to contend with usually are not spending a lot of time at their spiritual disciplines/techniques. They often are also newer devotees on the path this life.

Not sure if you would be exposed to many devotees close up in Italy. The internet has brought a whole new dimension to meeting others with similar interests.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014 05:06 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
mccoy
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2014 03:43 pm »

Not sure if you would be exposed to many devotees close up in Italy. The internet has brought a whole new dimension to meeting others with similar interests.

I've been attending groups in the past, there were many personalities but fortunately no demonic ones, unless I was lucky to avoid them. Well, I take it back, the late Sw. Kryiananda displayed some demonic traits but knew how to conceal them well.

The number is definitely much , much smaller than in California.

The Internet like you say is a totally different dimension, one negative aspect that I realized is that devotees speaking politics are just the same as other people speaking it. 
I would have expected more flexibility, more coherence with the teachings of Yogananda and the SRF, of course times might have changed but honestly often I'm seeing the old stubborn ways of thinking. I try to be more objective and reason in terms of practicality and evidence, maybe sometimes failing in it.

That's what I instantly liked about Obama (at least, by reading his book), he's a democrat but he's not reluctant to carry around the ideals of the republicans he deems important for the nation. Beyond the expectancy and ideals of separate groups which represent different people, the aim should Always be an interest to improve the society, domestic and global.

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2014 03:45 pm by mccoy » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2014 06:21 am »

i don't think people understand how they create darkness for themselves by trying to make other people bend to their will. We all do it someways by manipulating others to conform to our ways and life style. Yet every soul has to flower in it's own time. It is not for us to decide when and how that time should manifest. It is not for us to use others for our own ends. Like God we must respect the free will of those around us.
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: