Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 11:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Valley of Mirrors

Recent Items

Views: 2
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Valley of Mirrors  (Read 558 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jan 08, 2013 02:10 am »

Frustrations

One of the most important keys to understanding is to recognise what r the issues that r confronting us. We often blame outward circumstances and people for our present problems. Yet we need to recognize/realize is that the present lessons that r coming to us are for our spiritual unfoldment. Frustration is a very common problem of living but it is one of the most difficult things to overcome. It is caused by things not going the way we would like them to go or work out and the antidote is to have calmness and faith that they r working out according to divine order. It is recognizing that challenges r coming our way so that we may grow in our spiritual aspirations and awareness.

Yoshi u know that u always have friends here and i ask u to call before seeing this thread. So u r barking up the wrong tree. Hopefully there is more bark  than bite from one such as yourself. Kinda like your dogs Buttercup, Daisyface  and Snowball.

They r not transforming their consciousness like we human beings are. They r creatures of instincts and do not face a crisis of identity with material and spiritual enigmas.  Nor do they cognize mortality and immortality. At least the Master's tell us this. Generally speaking dogs and cats do not have to tolerate ego and the needs of the ego. They have more basic needs, biological in nature, as we do as well on some level. They face their own instincts for food, rest and attention. On the contrary humans cognize the higher dimensions of angels and a highly spiritualized existance. When this happens the struggle with the lower nature begins. Then we have the added challenge of facing the fact that there r beings among us who have overcome the ego and the instincts of the senses. Do we supress it or do we transform it? Or do we just fight with it? Or do we have patience with ourselves and others and work out these dilemnas with tolerance and patience with ourselves and others? Which is also a mark of our progress. Dogs really bark though. But they really just want someone to play with or they r defending their instinctive territorial domain. For the most part they have yet to understand what expansion of our domain means.

Anyhow i can't speak for those folks back home who wear visors and only see a narrow path in front of them; But i can speak for myself. You have taken a extended vacation from us and  your friends. Perhaps we just need to get reaquainted. Since you left us for a while tell us how.

We all have problems dealing with this physical world and how it affects us. You are no exception. You may have experiences with the higher realms that help u realign yourselves with that existance.
Many of us do on various levels. What really distinguishes spiritual progress, though, is our everyday encounters with those around us and our ability to face the problems that come in our life with equanimity. It is a give and take relationship we have with others. We can not expect things to go all our way. We have to share values with others and at the same time not loose our own in the process. Giving in to others can also be fulfilling. We all have some of that hard heartedness/headedness that wants things our way at all costs. But really we loose in this process because there is so much to gain from sharing our existance with others.

i face frustrations with this body and physical objects daily. It is the war that Krishna fought with Arjuna at the battle of Kurushetra. All human beings face that war and all human beings must find ways to spiritualize their lives without being overly perturbed. (We are) Balancing out where we want to be and witnessing where we still are, while finding the best way to spiritualize our lives and still get along with ourselves and others around us.

We r not like Alice in Wonderland. We have to have our feet on the ground to live with others and in this material existance. U r just recognizing some of the challenges in this process and as things come into focus u will grow thru the experiences that u encounter with yourself and others. We r products of our family and our environment. Yet we do have the freedom to make choices in this.
For instance you chose to leave for a while and chose to have encounters with others. These choices have also determined your present emotional and mental ability to deal with present problems.

It is nice to have u back! Did we drive u to drink?  Stay with us this time round.    Grin  this is the best place to b this winter. Your safer than snow white and  the 7 or so dwarfs.

Jitendra

as a soul...i say, quote, '' i'm not going to waste one more minute on humans...i have given up on the human race".  u know what ?  i have every right to be 'divinely frustrated'. just as the 'human mind' or 'body consciousness' has a challenging time understanding divineness...the soul has a challenging time understanding 'body consciousness' and all the crap that comes with it.  what's the crap ?  hate,,,jealously,,envy,,,greed,,,lack of understanding.

just as christ turned the tables and swung the whip at gethsemane....i do the same to most of humans.  i am fed up...cannot take the ignorance. 

i happen to be one of the ones who remember what it is like to be at Home.  this physical place repells me.  i want to be at Home....away from this coldness and all the 'crap' that comes with it.  just about the only place (aside from being locked up in my house)  i get solace from the physical world is being at work with animals.  they have no ego.  they do not hate or come with coldness.  they exhibit animal behaviors which can be challenging at times...yet they do not stem from ego.

(((love&hugs0m)))
yoshi

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013 07:55 am by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2013 07:32 am »

Yoshi You started a nice thread here. Yes i changed it. Yet u really started it. U have a perfect right to b frustrated i should not act as though some how i am not. i think we must all recognize that we divinely mourn about the way things r set up here and the way we kinda beat r head against the wall trying to find answers and solutions. i should not fool myself into thinking that some how i have learned how to cope with it better than u. <THAT IS EGO> Just wanted u to know that after all my  over whelming talk that i face some similar issues as u. Sometimes i just meditate about frustration. i can take comfort in one thing; God would rather listen to our frustrations than we b indifferent to him. It is best to lay all our problems at the feet of the divine. Taking a good look at ourselves is not always a fun thing. That is why meditation can sometimes b frustrating. Yet all things we love have that quality from time to time as well.

i noticed your rather consistant response to long dissertations about your posts. U will retreat a while and come back with something else later. No use having cofrontation. It just shows a certain level of ego manifesting. Why do we always need to b right. <THAT IS EGO ALSO> just wanted to let u know that your thread has made me look at myself also.
It is best to be truthful with ourselves even it means expressing our own negativity. At least we do not pretend to b something we have yet to manifest.

Jitendra

« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013 10:06 am by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
yoshi

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2013 02:12 am »

my posts are not all in frustration.

can u feel hate ?  can u feel envy ? can u feel negativity ?

i used to be able to feel my ex husband miles away before he actually walked thru the door.

it is a yucky type of feeling.   i feel them when i am in a crowd of people.

i believe that john koffy, from the green mile, describes it as shards of glass.....

i describe it as 'pin pricks'....

<IS THAT EGO ??>

(((Love&Hugs&OM))
yoshi

Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2013 04:01 pm »

my posts are not all in frustration.

can u feel hate ?  can u feel envy ? can u feel negativity ?

i used to be able to feel my ex husband miles away before he actually walked thru the door.

it is a yucky type of feeling.   i feel them when i am in a crowd of people.

i believe that john koffy, from the green mile, describes it as shards of glass.....

i describe it as 'pin pricks'....

<IS THAT EGO ??>

(((Love&Hugs&OM))
yoshi

Is this an old film? Thought i had seen it, but maybe not, so i do not know what John Koffy was referring to when he used the word 'pin pricks'. You ask; 'Is that egoic'? Do you mean to experience hate, envy and negativity from others or do u mean the actual qulities of hate, envy and negativity as being egoic ?

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2013 08:43 pm by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
yoshi

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2013 01:35 am »

the green mile....came out on satellite/cable when i was pregnant....which was 2000.  lol. Grin  so 1999-2000 it was made.  it was originally a book written by steven king ( !!  Wink  ) starring tom hanks.  whoops...it is john coffey, i am reading the dvd cover.  i spelt his name wrong.  it is a long movie...but a damned good one.

i cannot remember the exact quote of john coffey.  it was something like...."hate, it feels like glass shards"...as he holds his hands close to his head, half clinched, and his face in pain.  meaning, i believe,...that hate feels like shards of glass rubbing on his soul. 

it feels the same to me...except i refer to it as 'pin pricks'...

he also says something like,,,,''people kill out of love". 

it also has a karma lesson in it.  very power-full movie !!  i wont say anymore about it in case u decide to watch it.  dont want to spoil any surprises !  i will say tho....lots of tears i shed, every time i watch it !   Grin  i can sooooo relate to john coffey's character  Cry

one of the reasons i am soooo intolerant to ignorance right now....is because i can feel the hate,,,,envy,,,greed,,,,in my soul....it feels like 'pin pricks'.  i can feel it on my skin and down into my soul. 

john coffey also states something like this...."boss,,,i'm tired,,,tired of all the hate in the world". 

that is where i am at.  40 some odd years of soul feeling pin pricks....not only pin pricks but the ignorance is strewn at me physically too !!   Cry    i'm tired, boss.  i cry...on a daily basis. i beg, night and day for the ignorance to stop, not only for my sake but for all others' sakes.  and i am tired of crying. ive been crying ever since i was little, single digits age ! 

egoic.  i thought u were refering to my intolerance as being egoic. Grin  seems i was incorrect, i apologize.  thanks for the clarification in your pm  Smiley

(((Love&Hugs&OM)))
yoshi     
Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2013 10:06 pm »

It is indeed a  sobering moment when we recogize that everything that has happened to us, including all our feelings and attitudes, was created by we ourselves. We have two ways of  avoiding this true to life experience 1. Start making better decisions for our life. 2. Spiritual practices to eliminate the cause of  karma.

In the meantime we constantly have experiences with the results of our own actions in  our encounters with the world. The world acts as a mirror, in our encounters with others, to show us how we have treated others. In this way we can find the cause of the ignorance we see in others which acts as a mirror for ourselves: It is imperative that we look at our treatment of  those around us to see why we generate such mirrors and how we have created our own ignorance  and suffering by our treatment of those who come into our life.

On the contrary, the more love and understanding that we generate; the more we see it returning to us reflected in our encounters with others around us. I find myself looking into the ever present now more uand more instead of taking refuge in the past or living out future scenerios with hopes for the future. i ask; What can i do right  now to make my life and the life of those around me better? Hmmmm.  Yes i can watch my breath and face my attitudes here in the present.  i can reach out to those i love and give kindness to those i meet. Even though i see difficulties around me they r the challenges for my spiritual growth.

Most importantly i can offer all to God even my divine discontentment.  U seem to b opening up. Isn't that what u were saying in your last post Yoshi? All these negative feelings that u r gettting; wouldn't u say it is best to distance yourself from such people. These little 'pin pricks' do not sound very healthy for your development. u could leave contact to a minimum while going on with your own life, that is, if u r unable to distance yourself and it is something u feel u have to endure. However this seems like something u might take a serious look at. Reoccurring themes in our lives often occur because we r putting the wrong energy out and making some decisions that r not to our spiritual benefit. Discrimination is a key quality of spiritual growth and understanding. i wonder what  u and others have to offer.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013 11:22 pm by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2016 02:03 am »

....Were we in this decision making process when we ended up here?

I believe we weren't !

Yes it doesn't seem that way. But do u ever notice a bit of bitterness surrounding this issue? i do. It's like why do i have to b part of your experiment Lord? i mean it isn't exactly fun. If it were i wouldn't b looking for a way out. So wasn't i a bit coerced to b good? i mean isn't that the way out of this Chinese puzzle? The only way out? It's your way or the highway. Rite? i mean if we do not do it your way we get to suffer some more. Rite? i mean isn't that what all your ambassadors have been telling us all along? .... 'so you want to enjoy the senses? Have fun. He he he. See where it gets you! But at the same time i am going to make it look like it is gonna be a lot of fun.' i don't know but sometimes from a limited human perspective it seems a bit sadistic. Jut trying to come to terms with my own thoughts and feelings. Why isn't the spiritual life just as enticing as the life of the senses? It sets my head a reeling. Just have to go back to the meditation. i just feel fortunate that i have found a way to freedom. So many people still can't get a grasp on that. That is that meditation is  the path to ultimate freedom.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016 02:13 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
SI

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2016 10:56 pm »

Yes it doesn't seem that way. But do u ever notice a bit of bitterness surrounding this issue? i do. It's like why do i have to b part of your experiment Lord? i mean it isn't exactly fun. If it were i wouldn't b looking for a way out. So wasn't i a bit coerced to b good? i mean isn't that the way out of this Chinese puzzle? The only way out? It's your way or the highway. Rite? i mean if we do not do it your way we get to suffer some more. Rite? i mean isn't that what all your ambassadors have been telling us all along? .... 'so you want to enjoy the senses? Have fun. He he he. See where it gets you! But at the same time i am going to make it look like it is gonna be a lot of fun.' i don't know but sometimes from a limited human perspective it seems a bit sadistic. Jut trying to come to terms with my own thoughts and feelings. Why isn't the spiritual life just as enticing as the life of the senses? It sets my head a reeling. Just have to go back to the meditation. i just feel fortunate that i have found a way to freedom. So many people still can't get a grasp on that. That is that meditation is  the path to ultimate freedom.

It is a toughie to figure...

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: