Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Karma  (Read 3360 times)
ding dong

« Reply #30 on: Jun 29, 2016 05:17 pm »

I agree dragonpie. It's pointless to think analyze karma.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #31 on: Jun 29, 2016 07:35 pm »

I agree dragonpie. It's pointless to think analyze karma.

The main point is that we get back what we put out many if not most of the 🌎 does not believe this. If karma is true then we definitely should be careful about our actions. If it is not our attitudes may b very different about our actions. When we analyze what we are receiving from others it gives a fair indication of what we have given out. In this sense we can improve ourselves having such an awareness.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 07:43 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
ding dong

« Reply #32 on: Jun 29, 2016 08:19 pm »

Being careful about your actions in fear of karma is certainly an ego-centric activity. I doubt whether one needs to believe in karma at all. It seems to veer toward superstition. But I think anyone can be conscious of the effects of their actions on others and can see immediately how that action will create a harmful or painfull situation for oneself. It is not theoretical at that point, but observable. This is the only level of karma I really have patience to hear about, not the theoretical superstitious force that is for all we know just a hindu myth/superstition.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #33 on: Jun 29, 2016 08:21 pm »

even good karma is a trap
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #34 on: Jun 29, 2016 08:23 pm »

If you destroy your environment, you'll also die. That's the kind of karma I readily accept. The other is for me, theoretical. It may be so, but it also may be that Jesus created a hurricane. I don't want to hear about it.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 08:23 pm by grasshopper » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #35 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:00 pm »

Being careful about your actions in fear of karma is certainly an ego-centric activity. I doubt whether one needs to believe in karma at all. It seems to veer toward superstition. But I think anyone can be conscious of the effects of their actions on others and can see immediately how that action will create a harmful or painfull situation for oneself. It is not theoretical at that point, but observable. This is the only level of karma I really have patience to hear about, not the theoretical superstitious force that is for all we know just a hindu myth/superstition.
Why is it that I keep doing things that are not good for me? Amma says that when we get 🔥 by a fire we experience the immediate results of that burn. That is why we choose not to put our hand in fire again. Yet usually there is a delay between our actions and their results. That is why we  continue to do what is wrong for ourselves. That is y it is important to always think twice before we talk and act. The results of our actions may take place much later and we experience them from different people then we instigated the action towards.
Many people rape others kill others and torture others. They see 👀 what they r doing yet have no  conscious about the act that was done. However using your logic they have no karma. It is just a superstition. Rite? There may be no justice for the abused and mistreated and there is no reward for kindness and consideration. Karma is a myth. Rite? We must recognize somehow that what we do does have its effects on ourselves. Thus we experience karma. If u choose not to believe it.....it is your prerogative. You may believe or not believe as u wish.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 09:22 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
ding dong

« Reply #36 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:18 pm »

No
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #37 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:24 pm »

If god punishes someone for it in their next life, it is not fair, because they would not remember what they were being punished for. They have no way to make a connection between what they apparently did wrong and the punishment therefore effectively making their punishment frivolous and absurd.

That form of karma suffers as many ethical problems as the one that sends a person to hell for eternity. Logically, no act done within time could need an eternal punishment. The theologians had to grapple with that one. Hindu theories suffer from the same types of logical absurdities as I just pointed out.

Karma seems to me to be cause and effect, in eastern garb with their holistic way of thinking which I agree with.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #38 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:26 pm »

If karma punishes people for things they can't remember doing, is it not a frivolous form of revenge?
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #39 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:27 pm »

If a parent punishes a child without him knowing why he is being punished, it is called child abuse.

If a person punishes their pet when the pet can make no connection to what it did wrong, we want to call PETA.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #40 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:34 pm »

When things are done that bring pain and suffering to a people, everyone shares that pain and suffering. Whatever is done to one ripples through the thought stream in the form of fear, depression, and heaviness. That is the karma I believe in, and it's observable not a fantasy theory.
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #41 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:35 pm »

There is no right or wrong, there is only harmony and imbalance.
Report Spam   Logged
SI

« Reply #42 on: Jun 29, 2016 09:55 pm »

Do you believe and trust in things that have no proof?
Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #43 on: Jun 29, 2016 10:04 pm »

Do you believe and trust in things that have no proof?

not if I can help it
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 10:06 pm by grasshopper » Report Spam   Logged
ding dong

« Reply #44 on: Jun 29, 2016 10:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: