Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 04:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

gossip

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gossip  (Read 259 times)
guest88
« on: Mar 07, 2013 08:01 pm »

there's no search function on my phone but i know there's a video shared here by serena on gossip. feel free to move this post there. the other day someone i had met in the past talked to me about gossip. he said it is almost unavoidable and that we want to share and express our experiences with others and all we can do is give trust to those we share with. i thought about this and realized this morning i had gossiped a little about a friend to another friend simply because we both knew the person and were wanting to relate and express our experience. i think he might have been looking for approval in some fashion as to his opinion and at the time, unconsciously, i gave him some validation by perhaps sharing more then i needed. i really don't want to do that so then i went on and to say it's not good to gossip about others and he's a good person, now contradicting my own actions. x_x ! haha, but it's ok, i'm just curious how we can improve our awareness in this area- make it a practice to combat gossip so i don't easily slip into a regretful situation. is gossip unavoidable ? more later
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2013 10:06 pm »

Thanks Eric this is an interesting subject to me. One that i have given some thought to. i wonder what are the opinions of others??

Jitendra
Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2013 07:05 pm »

Sometimes we have problems with other people and our friends are there to remind us of the good things that still remain. Such is the case with you Eric. There are also times that we need help leaving or getting out of problematic relationships. Would we call the conversations that transpire with friends gossip?

i had a problem at work with someone who made a mistake and then blamed me. In a casual conversation with another employee i never even mentioned  the employee and the person i was speaking with mentioned that he had the same problems i had with this employee. Was i grateful for the info...yes...it made  me feel what i had originally felt was true. As it was a reoccuring problem.

So there are  variations to gossip. A die hard gossiper is easy to spot: Since they can find little that is good in others. You get the feeling that there own life is full of poverty. It is so empthy that they have nothing better to do than talk maliciously about otheres. We can easily imagine that the people they talk about are glad that at present they are sparred their presence and usually we ouselves are trying find a graceful way of saying we have much more important things to do. 'the kettle's on the boil and we're so easily called away'.

If we cannot find goodness in others then how are we to find goodness in ourselves? When we see more and more goodness and kindness around us we are becoming more and more spiritually aware and we are seeing life thru a saints eyes.

Amma was asked how she could serve and see so much love in herself and others. She answered that when she looked out at an audience all she could see was the honey and nector in flowers. Once you start seeing the soul of others and youself there is very little time or use for gossip.

Have you ever noticed that you learn more about a person by what they say about you and others then what they say about themselves?

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2013 03:59 am by steve hydonus/jitendra » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
yoshi

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2013 04:34 am »

there's no search function on my phone but i know there's a video shared here by serena on gossip. feel free to move this post there. the other day someone i had met in the past talked to me about gossip. he said it is almost unavoidable and that we want to share and express our experiences with others and all we can do is give trust to those we share with. i thought about this and realized this morning i had gossiped a little about a friend to another friend simply because we both knew the person and were wanting to relate and express our experience. i think he might have been looking for approval in some fashion as to his opinion and at the time, unconsciously, i gave him some validation by perhaps sharing more then i needed. i really don't want to do that so then i went on and to say it's not good to gossip about others and he's a good person, now contradicting my own actions. x_x ! haha, but it's ok, i'm just curious how we can improve our awareness in this area- make it a practice to combat gossip so i don't easily slip into a regretful situation. is gossip unavoidable ? more later

ya...it is almost unavoidable in the world we live in today.  ego thrives...EGO thrives on gossip.  gossip fuels EGO.  some say used as a term loosely yet so much is the TRUTH. 

when we gossip it involves karma.  for what you spin is the web you create...'what an intricate web we weave when we practice to deceive'.

we combat gossip when we choose not to participate.

shut the mouth...shut out EGO.

remember the older cartoons when a person is depicted with the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other ??

the devil is the EGO and the angel is our soul.

EGO = body attachement.  SOUL= the god spark in us.

so when we choose to gossip...it is EGO that our consciousness follows....yet there is a voice that says "dont do that"...the "dont do that" is our  speaking up.

(((LoveHugsOM)))
yoshi
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2013 04:35 am by yoshi » Report Spam   Logged

~*~*~*  Live in OM *~*~*~
~~~Swami Rama Tirtha ~~~
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: