Spiritual Portal
Apr 18, 2024 03:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Bhaktananda on Health and Aging

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bhaktananda on Health and Aging  (Read 926 times)
mccoy
Administrator

« on: Nov 13, 2014 10:23 pm »

Great suggestions.

I was 16 and ate horrendously and had quite a few nuisances in the body. After I read a book on holistic medicine, I became a vegetarian overnight, I started exercising regularly, I started practicing hyidroterapy with cold water and exposing the body to cold air.

The benefits were dramatic. After 6 months I was cured by a cronic cold which was afflicting me since a few years. Doctors were not able to do anything About it. Also, I ceased to have any illness whatsoever and acquired huge energies. I also used to practice hard titiksha, going around with a T shirt in winter, even with freezing temps and dressing up with a full shirt and wool weather in summer. I didn't feel cold nor heat. Although one day I arrived at school with frozen arms.

I don't know if that holds true for everyone but in my case diet and healthy lifestyle it made all the difference.

Another similar case was Rajasi Janakananda. After changing his diet to something which was very similar to the one I used to follow, he lost a lot of excessive weight and was cured of his cold. He went on with his diet the Whole life, his was probably the most healthy and balanced diet I ever heard about. Some people criticize him for being too drastic and point out at the end he got cancer.

Truth may be that he was able to stave off cancer by his radically healthy lifestyle. Had he not been following insanely healthy habits, he probably would have got cancer 10 or 20 years before.
This is what I learnt from an absolutely impartial source, a research doctor who didn't stick to yoga or holistic medicine.

Raw, organic fruit and vegetables plus raw nuts will give you immunity from disease. You must add something else though, or maybe live in a very favourable environment, climate wise and work wise.
As Baktananda told, we are probably not suited now for a totally raw diet. Probably,50-60% raw fruits -veggies-nuts, 30% cooked veggies and 10-20% (by weight) cereals, fresh protein and fats is the best. By calories, these percentages swing toward cereals, proteins and fats.
Fasting is extremely useful although overeating afterwards destroys its benefits.

This is my opinion modeled by 38 years of practicing a vegetarian diet.

I found that I'm not suited right now to the sun rays + cosmic energy diet. I found it the hard way and almost starved myself to death.
Maybe I should have tried it much more gradually and as a long term experiment. I burnt myself and in this lifetime I'm going to try it no longer.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: