Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

the benefits of singing

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: the benefits of singing  (Read 879 times)
Lauraa49
« on: Jun 24, 2009 12:06 am »

- The Benefits of Singing - 

singing is an act of vibration. It takes music from the realm of the unformed-- whether that is in your mind or from that magical space of inspiration- -and moves it from within to without. From the first breath singing moves the energy in a circular way inside your body. As the breath fills your lungs, it brushes against the second and third chakras—the centers of creation and honoring self and others. Instead of merely exhaling, pushing the air past the fourth and fifth chakras where heart charka and the center of will and intention reside, singing engages both the heart and mind. Sound vibrations from vocal chords resonate in the sinus cavities, filling the head with motion and sound while the brain lights up with the processing of the mathematics of music. This marriage of activities brings the third eye into play and opens the door for inspiration from the crown chakra before sending the sound out into the world...

Once the vibration begins, it is sustained with each note, moving throughout your body and the space around you. This can help you to harmonize your frequency with the world and with the divine. The use of the voice can bring about catharsis, a cleansing from the expression of emotion, which is why we feel better after singing certain types of songs. All of this occurs even if we are not conscious of what we are singing, but when we really connect with an intention, the power of the voice and music together are powerful tools in creation...

Even if you are not a singer by nature or talent, you are not left out. If you have a voice, it is your birthright to celebrate life with song. It doesn't matter if you don't feel you have a nice voice. Chanting or humming, singing solo or with others, your voice is yours to enjoy... Whether you sing along to the radio or use vocalization as part of your meditation time, singing and harmonizing are healing activities that bring your body's vibrations into alignment with the universe!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gracewatcher of sakinel..yahoo group post
Report Spam   Logged
Goldwolf

« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2009 07:49 am »

Hello Lauraa49. I like how you break down the spiritual properties in your explanation of what happens when a person sings. I'm pretty lost as far as all of that is concerned. I know that I like singing sometimes, it helps me feel good about myself. You can't help but to feel good if you sing a song you really like. I usually prefer to sing rock or metal songs. I'm not so talented to come up with my own songs or to write music but I enjoy what other people have creatively put together.
Report Spam   Logged
Lauraa49
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2009 05:16 pm »

i think of you when i see this pic Goldwolf...

would make cool avatar
 next time you sing something...kinda pay attention to how certain notes vibrate in your throat area
Report Spam   Logged
Goldwolf

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2009 08:28 pm »

Hello Lauraa49. Thank you for showing me that picture, it's nice. I'm a guy and the picture suggests some sort of divine lady wolf. I'm hoping that's a sign that I have soul mate coming into my life one day. I sure am gready, as if divine meditation wasn't enough.

It's interesting that you mention paying attention to how notes vibrate. I'll do that. What I have been doing is paying attention to the tones I use and sing with. I noticed through experimentation that a person doesn't have to sing a song exactly the same or every note in the same tone as the famous musician for it to sound right. I first thought of this while hearing musicians singing other musicians songs, people like to sing in their own way.

Another thing I do is imagine ways for the song lyrics to be spiritual, some already can be but I do this for others that might not be. I'll do this or think of something in my life the lyrics could mean. That's one of the good thing about lyrics, especially those that don't make sense in the first place, you can come up with your own meaning for the lyrics. Take that Hotel California song for instance, does anyone including the song writers even understand the lyrics? I'm not sure I even want to know what some of my favorite songs are supposed to mean, I'll just make something up and have fun singing them just the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2009 09:03 pm »

Songs and there meaning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jai Guru

i want to share something with you. i once went to get a check on the meditation techniques that i was using. A sister from the Self Realization Fellowship checked my progress and use of the technique (Kriya). The first thing she said was "There is so much light coming from your throat chakra." (thank you divine mother) i laughed since i have been singing hours a day for much of my life and with no doubt the Kriya technique has accented these activities.

As far as songs go.... You could take the four songs i have offered from two CD's (Into Blue and Soul Searching) at www.myspace.com/stevehydonus.
On these songs 'Into Blue' has a specific feeling of streams and rivers and all things are flowing back into the magnetic pull of the cosmic ocean the sea of spirit. 'Out of Nowhere' was meant specifically to show the predictament we are now in because of the dreams that we have created in our present social reality. What we think, dream meditate and pray about we create as a society.'Summer Days Summer Nites' evokes the sense of Summer coming back again after experiencing the winter months. This has a special significance after experiencing the January and February winters of Michigan where i used to live. Summer days and nites can often be magical and memorable.'Demian' is about a spiritual search troughout the life of a soul searcher and how his search revealed the experience of spiritual awakening. 'Mystery of the Moment' is a reminder that the real magic of life is all happening right now. This is something that i often have to remind myself of.

Though these songs reveal certain inspirations you could ask me at another time and i might also say they meant other things as well. So you see opening up to that cosmic stream reveals something to the creator of the songs as well (he/she is only channeling such things anyway) and that inspiration continues further when he finds that the listener has gained something quite different or magnified certain perceptions in the listening. i think most of you have had a chance to glean your own meanings or feeling from these songs which i still appreciate hearing. So i am offering some of the significance they hold for me.

May your search be constant clear and true...

Steve Hydonus

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2009 02:39 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Lauraa49
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2009 11:38 pm »

Gold wolf...sorry hun..,maybe you need to embrace your female side lol

here hun  masculinity...

Report Spam   Logged
Lauraa49
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm »

If you think about it ..it is all about vibration

If every thing  is energy then energy vibrates
every color of the prism of light is  a seperate energy  of which each and every one vibrates at a ddfferent note

and every chakra has a note  and a color associated with it ..
I am of the personal beleif  that each and every one of us vibrate to a specific Note and Color...

even doing the chants of aum or ohm or ahhhhh etc  don't they actually vibrate  your throat chakra if you keep on chanting them...it then resonates to the rest of the energy centers in our body...it is all about notes and vibrations.

and that each of us has a main core auric color that corresponds to our NOTE.. not the regular aura or even the secondary aura..but the very core of our being the  color that vibrates our actual level of spiritual being.

have you ever heard  a sound out of nowhere that sounds like someone struck a singing bowl. or gong soemwhere in space or time    ..just one particular note?Huh?? I believe our guides or angels or some one  lol  sounds this note that  almsot magically  heals something in us or realigns our physical, mental, causal, etc bodies

and this particular note i even wonder if it has anything to do with singing voices. Okay think about it for second. In choir or band or whatever. Isn't the first thing they do is ask you to sing a little ... then they say okay ..

you are a alto or a soprano or a tenor etc

what note does  a alto probably replicate..or a tenor??? etc there has to be a correlation to  how we vibrate  as to how we sound..
why else would some voices be high , some deep etc   I mean souind is vibration

of course some can sing off the musical scale ..but  it makes me wonder if  even that aspect of singing is related to your ONE MUSICAL NOTE  that our particular body VIBRATES  at......

okay time to hush as I am starting to ramble...
i do hope any or all of what I just said makes any kind of sense to anyone..if not it's okay I get it  lol
but dang it  just sounds right to me .......

_______________-
Oh and goldwolf)))))))))))... I don't think it really matters what a song is supposed to mean.. Of course the person that wrote it had a feeling, a story a memomaybe a message that  prompted it ....but I think the true meaning of any song  is what it makes you feel, or rememebr or  think about.... not what it  started out to be
simply what it means to the listener and what you feel when you sing it . thats's all that matters.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2009 11:57 pm by lauraa49 » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2009 03:23 am »

i do believe that notes and music have a corresponding affect on our consciousness. It seems that people have different ideas as to what notes correspond with the individual chakras. i have been to Buddhist meditations where a gong goes off before and after meditation. The sound helps interiorization. As far as songs coming from the heart chakra: i wonder how you came up with that. Not that i am dissagreeing just asking.

Steve Hydonus
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Goldwolf

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2009 06:10 am »

This sure is a different kind of music class. I had music class in grade school I learned Do Re Me Fa So La Te Do. I don't even know the corrosponding notes that those sounds represent.

Wow Steve, singing for hours a day for years! That's really something. The longest I go is maybe a little over an hour and I don't do that very often. If the time feels right I'll sing along to ten or eleven out of fourteen tracks on the Korn Untouchables album. I'll also sing what is probably my favorite Korn song called Did My Time. I have that one on a censored Korn greatest hits album I got from Wal-Mart, the price was right; six bucks. Did my time doesn't have any explicit words anyway and that's why I bought that compilation anyway.

I have never enjoyed singing as much as I have within the last couple of years.

I don't know very much about chakras and their colors assaciated with them. I read in I believe Autobiography of a Yogi that meditation in the lotus posture helps to open the chakras so this year I decided no matter how much it hurt I will always meditate in the lotus posture. I meditate for up to fourty minutes, including prayers, so I'm not doing too bad. There is still minor pain once my session is over but it won't kill me, no pain no gain.

Lauraa49 if I ever embrace my female side, which doesn't exist, just gather all of your friends together and stone me to death. Hey, thanks for posting the macho wolves. The golden monster of a wolf picture is pretty kool. I just noticed, the ammunition is gold wolf ammunition. I just go by this username because I figure it sounds kool for whatever reason. I'm at the bank one day and I can't have Goldwolf as my codename there or whatever because somebody already has Goldwolf there. Not that I have any money there, less than five bucks, but I have a bank account. How many Goldwolfs are there?

I'm just a regular guy anyway, someone else somewhere has the same name and same username. I'm supposed to be talking about music, I must be rambling, oops.
Report Spam   Logged
Lauraa49
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2009 06:26 pm »

Steve))))))) I believe it comes from the heart because.....

even if we have  a  muse  which i have experienced  that in auto writes. I knew it was not my words. But yet .........had i totally disagreed or felt it was all wrong the words  comeing in I would have stopped that translating. 
Yet if one is moved .....which is to feel....then you continue

to me same with music...whether from ones own mind or  a muse channeling threw you  it still must travel from the brain to the heart. if  it does not emotionally move you ...whether good or bad then you would discontinue the words. you would tear up the sheet or say this is crap or  yeah right ...what ever
the emotion it  comes through the heart. if  a song does not move you in some way ..whether make you happy  or remember (feel) then you willl change the station or the C.D. or  the track its on

FEEEEEEEL  equals heart
Report Spam   Logged
Lauraa49
« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2009 11:41 pm »

here is a site might interest you guys.

http://groups.gaia.com/healing_power_of_music/discussions/view/386385

read the page as i could not get it to copy and also
click on the book  and then follow the pages of the arrows ...takes you to some very nice articles and theories

such as this:
What makes us feel drawn to music is that our whoIe being is music; our mind and our body, the nature in which we live, the nature that has made us, all that is beneath and around us, it is all music. We are close to all this music, and live and move and have our being in music.”
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: Jun 26, 2009 03:37 am »

Steve))))))) I believe it comes from the heart because.....

even if we have  a  muse  which i have experienced  that in auto writes. I knew it was not my words. But yet .........had i totally disagreed or felt it was all wrong the words  comeing in I would have stopped that translating. 
Yet if one is moved .....which is to feel....then you continue

to me same with music...whether from ones own mind or  a muse channeling threw you  it still must travel from the brain to the heart. if  it does not emotionally move you ...whether good or bad then you would discontinue the words. you would tear up the sheet or say this is crap or  yeah right ...what ever
the emotion it  comes through the heart. if  a song does not move you in some way ..whether make you happy  or remember (feel) then you willl change the station or the C.D. or  the track its on

FEEEEEEEL  equals heart

Laura i was suprised to have you explain it this way. It is simply an observation it seems yet i believe true. i have had an interesting time checking out auto writes of a friend. i ended up using two of the lines i was reading for the song 'Demian'. So i am grateful for autowriting. Perhaps we can connect on this sometime.

Steve Hydonus
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Lauraa49
« Reply #12 on: Jun 26, 2009 03:34 pm »

STEVE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))perhaps LOl

amendment to  my flip  remark post....

actually hun i am off this weekend ( only one I get each month )so will try to remember to  look at some of my auto writes and  if I see anything that looks profound or lyrical or  jumps off page at me I will either post for you or probably  will PM to you...depends on the context of the writing

also will check my poems..i know all of them have been  with a muse
dont have them in puter other than the two posted ...

will get back to you  this weekend on this 
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 05:39 pm by lauraa49 » Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: Jul 03, 2009 04:06 pm »

i think of you when i see this pic Goldwolf...

would make cool avatar
 next time you sing something...kinda pay attention to how certain notes vibrate in your throat area

Lauraa: This was a beautiful picture of a wolf combining the yin and yang forces in one. Incidently i wonder what your avatar signifies to you and where it came from.

Steve Hydonus
Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Lauraa49
« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2009 09:39 pm »

Steve))))))))) the avatar to me is symbolic of  a culmination of several things. Some personal i choose not to share and some is  I am also drawn to the goddess sophia, and Prahnaparamita is like Sophia  goddess of wisdom and mother of all . I also frequently see a white elephant  behind my eyes. Which could either be symbolic of my root chakra or of Buddha.  I also see Buddha  and  a female version of Buddha appear  occasionally behind my eyes.  And of course I love the  Jesus figure.  To me they all are CHRIST energies.
Just different  genres of religion...

and of course the avatar is simply just ...beautiful lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: