Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 02:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Science of Love

Recent Items

Views: 0
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 0
Comments (0)

Views: 2
Comments (0)

Views: 3
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Science of Love  (Read 320 times)
guest88
« on: May 23, 2013 11:13 pm »

http://www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=5419

"...The bedrock for my approach to love is the science of emotions. For more than two decades, I’ve investigated that subset of emotions that feel good to you, those pleasing states — of joy, amusement, gratitude, hope, and the like — that simultaneously infuse your mind and body. Odds are you shift into and out of states such as these dozens of times each day, sometimes when you’re alone, sometimes when you’re with others.

Even though you experience positive emotions as exquisitely subtle and brief, such moments can ignite powerful forces of growth in your life. They do this first by opening you up: your outlook quite literally expands as you come under the influence of any of several positive emotions. With this momentarily broadened, more encompassing mindset, you become more flexible, attuned to others, creative, and wise. Over time, you also become more resourceful. In fact, my research and that of others shows that positive emotions can set off upward spirals in your life, self-sustaining trajectories of growth that lift you up to become a better version of yourself.

Positive emotions are the tiny engines that drive an intricate, ever-churning positivity system. They are the active ingredients that set the rest in motion. When I step back from the proverbial microscope to examine the larger system that orbits around your positive emotions, I see how positive emotions knit you into the fabric of life, the social fabric that unites you with others, and how they orchestrate the ways you grow and rebound through changing circumstances. I needed a new word to encompass that broader system, and that’s positivity.

Love, and its absence, fundamentally alters the biochemicals in which your body is steeped

Keeping an eye on this fuller positivity system enables a more precise definition of love. Love — like all the other positive emotions — follows the ancestral logic of broaden and build: those pleasant yet fleeting moments of connection that you experience with others expand your awareness in ways that accrue to create lasting and beneficial changes in your life. Love, as I see it, ­is found in those moments of warmth, connection and openness to another person. It energises this whole system and sets it into motion.

..."
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014 03:52 pm »

It has become more apparent to me that our definition of love must go thru periodic changes as the parameters expand. Most human beings remain stagnate in the parameters that self define them. We become creatures of habit. Not out of necessity but rather out of fear.

However; One form of love often slips from our grasp, so to speak, so we can leave a vacuum for another form to enter. The quicker we are receptive, the more positive we can be about the changes life brings our way. Otherwise we continue at a snail pace only defying and consequently delaying the inevitable.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014 04:08 pm by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
kingfisher111

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014 11:28 pm »

Much wisdom in both of these 2 posts on this thread!

Thank you for sharing Eric and Steve!

<3
Report Spam   Logged
kingfisher111

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014 11:34 pm »

Also, there is a beautiful book by this name which I recommend, written by a Hermetic Master: http://www.amazon.com/The-Science-Love-John-Baines/dp/1882692004/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400617745&sr=8-2&keywords=science+of+love

Here are a couple of reviews from amazon of it:

"I am very excited to write the review of this book because it is written by my favorite author John Baines. I do not recommend you read this book if you think that love can be bought or sold. The author shows you how love develops and how you can make a marriage last forever while not getting bored. Its a catch-22 since he also shows to you if you are trapped into the wrong relationship, that's something you have to think about before you read this book. Mr. Baines is not just a great philosopher he is a great human being. I invite you to read this book, with a promise that it will teach you much about the only important thing that truly matters love"

"Life transforming work! This book was recommended by my teacher and as soon as I began reading it I was transformed. The information helped me see the origins of many blocks I experience. I was dealing in an unhealthy way in my relatings and really got to the bottom of the behaviors effecting my progress. Being an avid student of metaphysics I find this book to the point and on the money regarding the corrupt way of loving that most of us have been conditioned. It also confirmed some of my own findings in the search for Divine Love."

Also, The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm is a book I have learned a lot from and found very inspiring (http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Loving-Erich-Fromm/dp/0061129739/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400618067&sr=8-1&keywords=art+of+loving)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: