Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 12:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Spirituality & Evolution and a Random Mess of Things

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirituality & Evolution and a Random Mess of Things  (Read 651 times)
guest88
« on: Jun 25, 2013 11:29 pm »

hi all, just here thinking, sharing my thoughts
are we the only species on earth that practice spirituality ? i wonder if primates have their own forms of worship
i wonder where worship comes from, is it a human invention or is it a natural part of evolution
meaning other species have their own religions and forms of worship too
what's the point ? at what stage in our development did we "need" religion ?
how far does religion go ? do you think there are forms of life more advanced that still have religion or any trace of spirituality ? or do you believe the more they evolve the less a species needs religion
what is its purpose ? certainly we devote our energies to a greater something in worship and even create rituals to practice- for what ?
 of all the planets that exist, of all the solar systems- what a mind blowing thought, to try and imagine life outside this planet- and yet one day, we'll be travelling the stars.
Report Spam   Logged
Swami Peevananda

« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2013 11:24 am »

What? Should I have the answers to life and death at my disposal?

Swami Peevananda
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am by Swami Peevananda » Report Spam   Logged
silvia clawhammer

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2013 01:26 pm »

Swami Peevananda

and why not?
Report Spam   Logged
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2013 01:30 pm »

Swami Peevananda

and why not?

You'd think the ol geezer would have one answer. Maybe we should send the ol bones out to do some wood sheddin.

Beady
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2013 11:23 pm by Beatrice Landcaster » Report Spam   Logged
Swami Peevananda

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2013 02:44 am »

Swami Peevananda

and why not?

You'd think the ol geezer would have one answer. Maybe we should send the ol bones out to do some wood sheddin.

Beady

Just trying to stay out of the concrete mixture of life. Take a trip to the local tavern and work off the edges a little bit and I' ll have an answer for you-Peeeeeeeeeva nanda.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2013 02:47 am by Swami Peevananda » Report Spam   Logged
morning star

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2013 04:24 am »

religion ?
(was made for man, not man for religion)... hmmmnnn
it is simply the divine trying to speak to us, and it being represented in human terms of the age, etc.   it is not an absolute, but a pointing to the truth...  which is nice to at least have some type of compass or sanity check at times...  but it becomes rather limited by it's garment of ages and cultures, etc.

worship ?
(that form seems to have some heavyness with it in this age, increasingly so...  it seems to say we are setting something up beyond / apart from ourselves, etc.) ?

spirituality ?
(this word has more freedom to it so far in this age).
the in-bound, unalienable truth,  the common sense...
will be discovered in each age

animals subtle occult centers are not ideally formed as they are in man...
yet they needn't be ... the consciousness in animals is not of individual karmas... it is in animals moreso mass karmas...
but they are part of the flow...

We (in human) are very advanced in our garment...  it is just that in this age, many have not been able to still the restless outer gross physical garment (physical body and cognitive mind)
to recognize the inherent sustainer fine physical (energetic astral) body,...  and onward...

more advanced beings ? or realms ?

different realms are moving like the seasons
thru ascending and descending ages (Yugas)
where the predominant "consciousness" refelects the age,...
(yet even in the high ages, there are some very low consciousness beings,...
just like in low ages, there are some very elevated concsiousness beings)

species is just the garment
just the platform of observation.

mineral
plant
animal
human
devata (angel)
sanyasi (liberateed / free / in-communion / vain idea of a seperate existence has fallen naturally away...)

To find ever-existing, ever-fresh, bliss.   (to eliminate suffering, and the vain idea of a seperate existence.... harmony, peace, contentment)... All those things pointed to by the great ones... buddha, christ, krishna, saints and sages... 

smiles....

If I were you I would read Namaste's wisdom. I think it might be a little while before you hear from Peevananda. LOL
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2013 04:25 am by morning star » Report Spam   Logged
silvia clawhammer

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2023 10:28 pm »

hi all, just here thinking, sharing my thoughts
are we the only species on earth that practice spirituality ? i wonder if primates have their own forms of worship
i wonder where worship comes from, is it a human invention or is it a natural part of evolution
meaning other species have their own religions and forms of worship too
what's the point ? at what stage in our development did we "need" religion ?
how far does religion go ? do you think there are forms of life more advanced that still have religion or any trace of spirituality ? or do you believe the more they evolve the less a species needs religion
what is its purpose ? certainly we devote our energies to a greater something in worship and even create rituals to practice- for what ?
 of all the planets that exist, of all the solar systems- what a mind blowing thought, to try and imagine life outside this planet- and yet one day, we'll be travelling the stars.

Well I can tell you this mate…. If it wasn’t for my turtle 🐢 club I wouldn’t have known about spirituality. They duck under their shells and experience an inner life beyond our wildest imagination. A chap I knew once exposed me to their third covenant of Turtle Talk. Since then I’ve never been the same.
Report Spam   Logged
guest587
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2023 10:55 pm »

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread. What's rather amazing is I've had my questions answered over time by Saints and influential spiritual figures.

Swami Vidyadhishananda once showed me a video of a snake carrying a holy basil leaf and placing it on a lingam to absolve its karma.

And religion in its sincerest form as taught by HIK is the pursuit of an ideal.

I am reminded of HIK's words. We may have a desire or thought and forget about it, and we don't understand the thousands of minds this desire works through to be made manifest.

Very cool.
Report Spam   Logged
Beatrice Landcaster

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2023 02:24 am »

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread. What's rather amazing is I've had my questions answered over time by Saints and influential spiritual figures.

Swami Vidyadhishananda once showed me a video of a snake carrying a holy basil leaf and placing it on a lingam to absolve its karma.

And religion in its sincerest form as taught by HIK is the pursuit of an ideal.

I am reminded of HIK's words. We may have a desire or thought and forget about it, and we don't understand the thousands of minds this desire works through to be made manifest.

Very cool.

Hey lizard breath, how did ya’all become an exponent for snake worship?

Beady
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: