Spiritual Portal
Apr 20, 2024 05:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: https://youtu.be/4BulJAQo1TI

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Color Change

Recent Items

Views: 3
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 9
Comments (0)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Color Change  (Read 694 times)
guest296
« on: Jun 13, 2013 11:50 pm »

Thank you Steve for finally changing the color of the forum!! The blue is so much better and easier on the eyes as well!! Love it!! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2013 10:21 pm »

I miss the violet background color very much.  I'm glad, though, that this color is easier on our eyes.  I think Comet is right about that.

I was just reading your Mission Statement, Steve, and wanted to say that the purple type was so wonderful to see again.  It seems to enliven the blue background... I wonder if you would consider trying out the titles in another color on the website?  The blue background may be easy on the eyes but the blue on blue titles and lines are a little dreary... 

What about keeping the original name... I no longer see Soul Searching Forum anywhere.  It definitely describes what this forum is about.  Was it once where it now says Spiritual Portal? Please bring it back and what about trying Navy letters.  The brighter, darker color would make it "pop out." 

I think that this forum looks a little too "corporate" with its blue on blue "safe" or "conservative" color scheme...

What about keeping the "easy on the eyes" blue background and enlivening the section lines and titles by using another color?  How about Spiritual Portal or Soul Searching Forum (whichever title you  use) in Navy and having all the section titles in Navy and all the section lines in this color, TealYou love the Ocean so much ~ the site would be then be like dipping into the Ocean... you already have subtle "water drops" imagery in the background.  An oceanic theme would be more visually alive... an Ocean of Awareness for the Soul Seekers to dip into.  Teal section lines and Navy titles would give the website more visual life. 

Serena
Website Designer
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2013 10:43 pm by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
Starling

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2013 11:26 pm »

This is nice Smiley However, It went from blue to this in one click as I was navigating the site....was a bit of an adjustment to my eyes....But I do like this <3
Report Spam   Logged

A Lady Leo
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2013 11:41 pm »

Hi Comet! 

I think that this parchment color is very beautiful.  The Maroon color might be nice for the website title ~ Spiritual Portal ~ and add a little more vibrancy. I am a non-dualist and believe that though we may be Seekers, Spirit is all around us ~ a "Portal" seems unnecessary.  Do you know why Steve changed the name?  I thought Soul Seeking Forum was a great name!

Serena

Comet, if you are the website designer, you're doing a great job!  I would do something about those  square blue buttons running down the left edge of all the forums.  It's funny that you chose this color.  I was thinking that something like this might be more appropriate and this tone is much more beautiful and definitely softer on the eyes than the yellow-gold that I had in mind. 
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2013 11:57 pm by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2013 02:14 am »

Hwhere you liveet! 

I think that this parchment color is very beautiful.  The Maroon color might be nice for the website title ~ Spiritual Portal ~ and add a little more vibrancy. I am a non-dualist and believe that though we may be Seekers, Spirit is all around us ~ a "Portal" seems unnecessary.  Do you know why Steve changed the name?  I thought Soul Seeking Forum was a great name!

Serena

Comet, if you are the website designer, you're doing a great job!  I would do something about those  square blue buttons running down the left edge of all the forums.  It's funny that you chose this color.  I was thinking that something like this might be more appropriate and this tone is much more beautiful and definitely softer on the eyes than the yellow-gold that I had in mind. 

It is nice to have your presence Serena. I fret away about it when your gone.i enjoyed the article by the defense minister. It would would widen the dogmatic views of so many fundamentalists if they realized their choosen savior only had a mission
here on earth and other planets have their saviors as well. God forbid they try to convert extraterestrials as well!
Perhaps you will help us design our site. If you really have an interest Iwe could talk  about it Iin person. By the way:  Scott and
I enjoyed eating at the 50's restaraunt you introduced me to across the street from where you live.

Steve
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2013 02:22 am by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
guest296
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2013 11:53 pm »

Hi Serene, No I am not the webmaster Steve is!! Smiley Sorry I have no idea why he changed the name you will have to ask him!! Smiley

I do agree with you on the Navy color and this Theme just isn't working for me either!! LOL

Report Spam   Logged
guest296
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2013 11:55 pm »

Sorry Steve but i just can't get used to this brown color!! I prefer the Blue it is a lot easier on the eyes!! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2013 06:01 pm »

this place just wouldn't be the same, without this color .....somethings are best left as they are  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: