Spiritual Portal
Apr 19, 2024 03:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Soul Searching Forum

Recent Items

Views: 31
Comments (1)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 27
Comments (1)

Views: 40
Comments (1)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul Searching Forum  (Read 1827 times)
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« on: Jul 06, 2013 06:54 pm »

Please bring back the original name, Soul Searching Forum.  It's a much more evocative and emotional name than Spiritual Portal.  When you have a long time history with a name, it's a good idea to keep it ~ the Soul Searching Forum name is your "brand" and people that write here associate the forum with that name. 

There is a lyricism to the name Soul Searching Forum ~ it has a "ring" to it.  Spiritual Portal sounds flat, and generic. 

Please bring back the beloved name, Soul Searching Forum!

The beautiful Lake Shrine founded by Swami Paramahansa Yogananda in Pacific Palisades, California
Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
guest88
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2013 10:41 pm »

hi serena
just wanted to say i don't associate the forum with that name

i like spiritual portal as a name to me it feels like i'm stepping into something mysterious or reminds me of space

i don't mind soul searching forum either. i'd like to see others post some feedback and see if they agree with you.

steve is very supportive towards the request of our members and so we might just be going back to soul searching forum anyway  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2013 07:42 am »

Hey do we have any more opinions? How about you nomaste? And whatever happened to Katzie? What about you comet? Did
Starling fly south for the summer?

love you all and thanks for your interest Serena.

Jitendra
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013 03:16 pm by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2013 06:00 pm »

steve is very supportive towards the request of our members and so we might just be going back to soul searching forum anyway  Smiley

dreamkeeper, is this who I think this is ? LOL !        another name change, keeps one on their toes  Grin

nice name !  Smiley

yes, Steve is very supportive but a little set in his ways, LOL !  Grin I wouldn't count on his returning to Soul Searching forum.

Katze
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2013 06:07 pm »

Soul Searching forum was a nice name, but it was a different time and place , this is now ......

Spiritual Portal is like dreamkeeper said " it feels like i'm stepping into something mysterious " ..... a gateway to the Other Side of wherever

If you want my 2 cents, I think we need something a bit more exciting and creative than both those names !  Cheesy

of course, by doing so, one risks the benefits of when someone is searching for a spiritual forum, they might not find this one ...... which is high priority on someone's list !  Wink

decisions, decisions  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest296
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2013 08:07 pm »

Welcome back Katze!! Smiley

I always liked both names but I gotta agree with Katze!! Time to step it up a notch and get something that is new and exciting!! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2013 04:13 am »

Welcome back Katze!! Smiley

I always liked both names but I gotta agree with Katze!! Time to step it up a notch and get something that is new and exciting!! Smiley

thanks Katzie,  Serena, Comet and Dream Keeper for your insights. The issue I found about being new and exciting is that most everything is already owned or taken.

I tried some new sites like being and  living the dream. Somebody owns them... might not be using them...just holding the names to sell.

Namaste2All and I talked about the possibility of using two names for two different pages: to give an example if the name of our site is called spiritual portal and the name of our forum was called soul searching. we would have a two or three page site. possibly Serena might want to help us on this issue. what do others think of this? any more plausible ideas? who wants to buy a site from somebody else... not me! One must also recognize that if we are changing the name or decide a different name there are responsibilities in doing this, is the name owned , is it in use? how much is it for sale etc.

I picked spiritual portal because nobody was using it. it was original in that sense. soul searching has already been used. but of course you can add another word then possibly it is not used. I added the word forum. it seems like some wealthy people have nothing else to do but to look up names on the internet and buy their ownership to sell later.

P.S. Katzie: Thanks for returning in our conversations. As you must know;  we  have missed you.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2013 09:06 am by namaste2All » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2013 04:39 am »

Comet, thanks for the welcome back and Jitendra too .  Smiley , sweet of you to say.

new & exciting soon becomes routine, as with anything

Jitendra, I wasn't seriously suggesting a forum name change. I think you should just leave it as is.

I had forgotten all the hassle with the name changes, not worth it .... all for just a name. What is that saying, a rose is a rose by any name ? or something like that ....

and so it is with a forum, a forum is a forum, no matter what it is specifically called and we all know this is a spiritual forum, kinda  ...... everyone is searching for their soul, or something

Katze
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2013 04:41 am by Katze » Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2013 05:34 pm »

Wow  Shocked Looks like someone turned the lights off, lol !  Grin

Different, but maybe a bit too dark ?

thoughts anyone ?

Katze
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2013 06:11 pm »

Wow  Shocked Looks like someone turned the lights off, lol !  Grin

Different, but maybe a bit too dark ?

thoughts anyone ?

Katze

Please energize, sit down, calm yourself and meditate with me.  Wink
Surrender Kitty
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 06:13 pm by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com
Serena Duvet

In silence and stillness, I find peace.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2013 07:15 pm »

Please bring back the original name, Soul Searching Forum.  It's a much more evocative and emotional name than Spiritual Portal.  When you have a long time history with a name, it's a good idea to keep it ~ the Soul Searching Forum name is your "brand" and people that write here associate the forum with that name. 

There is a lyricism to the name Soul Searching Forum ~ it has a "ring" to it.  Spiritual Portal sounds flat, and generic. 

The beautiful Lake Shrine founded by Swami Paramahansa Yogananda in Pacific Palisades, California

After several years of existence on the internet, The Soul Searching Forum had an identity crisis.  Far from subscribing to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" way of thinking, the administrators began to tinker with the site, changing not only the color and look, but the actual name, saying that they didn't want to limit themselves to soul searching.  It's only a name, after all; people visit the site and do all sorts of searching and non-searching.  Soul believers and non-soul believers drop in here.  The "Spiritual Portal" is a misnomer, for me, as I believe that "Spirit" is everywhere - no "portal" needed!  But, there'll always be those who demand change and to fix the unbroken...  When will this site "find itself" again?  Who knows?  I'll go with the flow.  They won't drive me away with their damn blacks.  But I must say that perhaps that meditating cat's been staring at the tarmac of the highway a little too long...

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 07:24 pm by Serena Duvet » Report Spam   Logged

A smile is the beginning of peace.   Mother Teresa
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2013 07:22 pm »

After several years of existence on the internet, The Soul Searching Forum had an identity crisis.  Far from subscribing to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" way of thinking, the administrators began to tinker with the site, changing not only the color and look, but the actual name, saying that they didn't want to limit themselves to soul searching.  It's only a name, after all; people visit the site and do all sorts of searching and non-searching.  Soul believers and non-soul believers drop in here.  The "Spiritual Portal" is a misnomer, though for me, as I believe that"Spirit" is everywhere, no "portal" needed.  But, some want change and to fix the unbroken...

Life is such .... we can't always have what we want  Smiley

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 07:36 pm by Katze » Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2013 07:24 pm »

Please energize, sit down, calm yourself and meditate with me.  Wink
Surrender Kitty

Dear Surrender Kitty ~

I am sooooo energized, I can't sit still long enough to meditate  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Katze

somewhere in Salem

« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2013 07:27 pm »

But, there'll always be those who demand change and to fix the unbroken...  When will this site "find itself" again?  Who knows?  I'll go with the flow.  They won't drive me away with their damn blacks.  But I must say that perhaps that meditating cat's been staring at the tarmac of the highway a little too long...

feisty, feisty, lol for such a peaceful person..... no one is driving you away, silly !  Grin if that is what you are thinking ? .......
Report Spam   Logged
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2013 09:59 pm »

But, there'll always be those who demand change and to fix the unbroken...  When will this site "find itself" again?  Who knows?  I'll go with the flow.  They won't drive me away with their damn blacks.  But I must say that perhaps that meditating cat's been staring at the tarmac of the highway a little too long...

feisty, feisty, lol for such a peaceful person..... no one is driving you away, silly !  Grin if that is what you are thinking ? .......

Hello out there. Is dot you. Haven't seen you so long that we need a welcoming party Katzie.
Thought I'd have a color display celebration. Surrender Kitty was so happy to see Katzie come
a board again. She was in the deep dark sea.It is all symbolic! Did you leave the angels in charge when you left because my life has taken some interesting twists and turns.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 10:02 pm by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

Silent Voice Within
stevehydonus@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: