Spiritual Portal
Mar 29, 2024 02:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Going a step beyond personal love.

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going a step beyond personal love.  (Read 154 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Jul 21, 2013 09:56 pm »

Have you ever noticed that people that are personally in love sometimes have a harder time being friends then when they weren't 'in love'. brother Anandamoy calls falling in love a 'trick of nature' and is not real love at all. Psychologists have found out that it usually lasts approximately a couple years then we are faced with the reality of who we are with and how much work it'll be to maintain a relationship. Most people go on looking for another partner
that will give them a heightened thrill again. This experience is much like a drug. I have noticed some friends go from one partner to another or one marriage to another.

I have found many times that those who are not in this kind of love are a lot more affectionate understanding and ready to reach out to others. They say that love is a many splendored thing
yet what comes with it are a lot of troubles. As a matter of fact; I've found that people who were close to me: once they had fallen in love with somebody else, the distance became more apparent.

You would think that falling in love with somebody would extend your bliss and Happiness towards other people but that is not always the case. Perhaps it is because there's a certain amount of possessiveness and jealousy that comes along with his personal 'love'. hope you share some observations with me. quite often it is those who are alone that are much more willing to reach out a helping hand...to reach out to others and it takes being alone to actually feel that we need to reach out to others, in service and affection to expand our own consciousness. This is why I think that many people end up being monks and nuns. Solitude is the price of greatness and often helps us recognize our oneness with all beings and creatures. a solitary path is not necessarily a bad path at all but can give much more spiritual growth
and not have as many pitfalls as personal love.

so it makes us ask ourselves what really is love? if it cloisters us and confines us perhaps it can just be personal Indulgence. I'm sure not all my readers are going to agree with this. it is just my observation that friends who fall in love often seem to be more distant to me than they were at one time. does this have to be the case? shouldn't love be expansive and not contracting.
evolving rather than involution? Sometimes we find people to validate our existence rather than show us love.....give us attention rather than show us the meaning of love.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2013 06:39 am by Jitendra Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: