Spiritual Portal
Mar 28, 2024 07:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: See Steve Hydonus perform his song 'Demian' on YouTube!

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Amma's talk Devi Baba 2013

Recent Items

Views: 1
Comments (0)
By: Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?

Views: 1
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)

Views: 4
Comments (0)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amma's talk Devi Baba 2013  (Read 234 times)
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« on: Aug 02, 2013 10:20 pm »

Good news I found the notes from Amma's talk. 

● We have abolished slavery, but internal slavery to external objects is still a problem.  Instead of 'we being the master of our mind, and it being the slave', the opposite is true.

●  Fate is like a seed that grows into actions. Desire works into action.  A seed must go below the ground, before it can grow into action.  If we are aware of God in action as they are taking place, then we are attaching ourselves to God, and detaching ourselves from unwanted desires.   Just as someone who looks at the labels on food discriminates and leaves bad foods behind.

● Many people say that everything happens by divine grace, but someone who lost a ring, and then lays down becomes relaxed, and then remembers where they put it.   (But consider,) It was the result of all the searching and effort that helped him find it. 

● There is a delay between our actions and the results.   Many people have raped, murdered and it seems the results of these actions do not seem to come back upon them.   But it does come back at an unexpected time.   Our consciousness is like a tape recorder -- we cannot escape from our consciousness.

● Karma is a subtle experience.   We may not be able to analyze karma no matter how much we try or do.   There is karma requiring (our) remedial actions.   And there is also karma that is incurable -- we simply have to endure it -- for this type of karma, all we can do is pray.

● There was a businessman who started a business and his business failed.  However someone across the street had a very successful business and he wondered why his failed despite his efforts.  Some of us come into this life and have (karmic) loans they have created.   Others have deposited savings in their (karmic) accounts.   However they must not become egotistical and insensitive to the needs of others, otherwise they will lose their (good karmic) deposits as well.

● Death is just like a period at the end of a sentence.  (Another sentence follows)

● We experience difficulties due to our own choices.

● usually we give up when we have given one or two tries. Yet each action will definately help us on the spiritual path.

● There is a plant whose root must first grow deep below the surface for 5 years before it can manifest above the ground... so sometimes it is the same with our spiritual efforts.

● Laughter is the music of the Soul.

● There are two ways of growing: growing old or growing up.

● Meditation is more precious than gold.  It helps us be free of all bondage.

● Be with a still mind.  Many inventions and creations happen as thought decreases... We begin to understand our oneness with universe.

● The range of God is all pervasive. Unlike our cell phone ; we can get full range by japa. (the repitirion of a mantra or a name of the Lord.)

● Whatever we share (in compassion with others), we are giving to the Lord.

● A good exercise for the heart is to help those in need. Our actions should bring happiness to others.

● Love is the mantra that helps with all challenges.

● We usually view love as the attraction between two people.  This love is confined to the body and mind.   While it is true, it must be developed to continue.

●  When we go on a trip we should remember that an accident can happen at any moment.
It is only by God's grace that we are saved from such accidents.
We must remember that because of ignorance and ego even though we are in God's care we may still fall down. Only the cool breeze of God's grace can take away  the dark clouds of hate and anger that are even collecting everywhere now.
Let there be peace everywhere.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2013 09:22 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com
Jitendra Hy-do-u-no-us?
Surrender Kitty
Administrator

Intereststs; Meditation/Spiritual Life

« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2013 12:18 am »

I spent a little time editing these for us... 
thanks for capturing and sharing these for us Steve !
(seems I was not drawn this year to take notes -- I had so many lessons Amma was teaching me... the biggest Mother was teaching me was "be still"... and that's a tough one to take sometimes !   ha!)

I wonder if you can remember the story about the gopi who gave butter to another gopi? i think it had to do with the fact that she had no butter to give to Krishna but Krishna recognized the butter given to the gopi aa given to himself. I like what she said about meditation: " It is more precious than gold. It frees us of all bondage. "  Her stories often hit home. " The range of God is all pervasive. We can get full range by japa...unlike a cell phone. " Amma brings people together. i often think of people and the memories that I have had of seeing her while seeing them. We had some good times! They are some of the best times of my life!
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2013 12:38 am by Steve Hydonus » Report Spam   Logged

God Christ Gurus musical sample creations:
https://youtu.be/PU9157Esq-4 Hidden Springs

https://youtu.be/CQgAybAlVO0
Silent Voice Within
https://www.reverbnation.com/stevehydonus
stevehydonus@aol.com
For CD\'s of music by Steve or hydonus@yahoo.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: